Don "Equalizer" Kauer Showed UP !

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls Don "Equalizer" Kauer Showed UP !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

he posted this (someplace) :
        “Hey Dino, Great talking to you tonight..I called Casey right away and we talked and laughed for abouit a half hour………This is so cool . I want to hook up with the old crew again…………Thanks……..Don Kauer”
        He called me and said he hadn’t seen Casey in 5 yeasrs …So I gave him Super Sqaushes phone number.Also informed me that Jim Winkler (Last Owner of “Henry The Eighth” ‘ 50 ford stocker ) passed away ywo years ago.
        Welcome to the Dover Party Don !…I’ll hunt down some shots of your car for those that don’t know it.

don-kauer

Dino, The history on my car was : first owner Vic Ferris from Eastchester, bought new from Curry Chevrolet in 1967.Built it as a race car and it was lettered and named “locomotion 2″….Sold to Dave heller and Bob Sarnelli in 1969 and they ran it in the new Pro Stock class.In 1970 I bought it as a roller and did a Bob Ingles small block and with help from Bill casey ran c/mp , d/mp d/g and super gas in the 80’s when I ran out of money………….Don Kauer

maso
            Participant
                quote donkauer:

Dino, The history on my car was : first owner Vic Ferris from Eastchester, bought new from Curry Chevrolet in 1967.Built it as a race car and it was lettered and named “locomotion 2″….Sold to Dave heller and Bob Sarnelli in 1969 and they ran it in the new Pro Stock class.In 1970 I bought it as a roller and did a Bob Ingles small block and with help from Bill casey ran c/mp , d/mp d/g and super gas in the 80’s when I ran out of money………….Don Kauer

Ummm…

Just two things.

1). Wasn’t “Locomotion II” also the name of Billy lagana’s Z-11…?

2). I ran into this guy two Sundays ago at the Palm Beach International Dragway and he tells me that this car is an origional DDS race car although he didn’t own it then. It’s a long shot, but could this be that same…?

dino
                Keymaster

DON …Year,model & Color …I’m searching Galleries..Only found this .You Got to have some photos !

Attachments:

don-kauer

Hi Dino, That is a great pic of the car when Ferris had it……. Brain did some awesome painting..Dave Heller left the same paint on the car and so did I (for the first 3 years) but I had Brian do some cleanup when I bought it….This week I am digging through my old pics and I will be sending you a package of old stuff or if I can figure out how to use this scanner (not!!!!!!) Anyway you will see them soon………And yes I do remember a Lagana car with Locomotion on it but as you see in the pic so did Ferris……….probably at different times………….Don Kauer………Hey Dino spoke with Bob Ingles yesterday. Said he was calling Casey today..Also said he was back on the NHRA trail as enging builder for Robert Patrick starting in 2010 with a Ford………………Later……

dino
                        Keymaster

How come I remember a Blue Chevelle with Shoe polish lettering “the Equilizer” at New York National ?

dino
                            Keymaster

Memory being Jogged ….First I’m spelling Equalizer wrong…And Didn’t John Sachs drive your car? …The Pro Stock? Also I’ve done some major searches and can’t find one photo Of your Car…Get that album to me Don! And everyone else …check your stuff…..the EQUALIZER photo search IS ON .

bossguy

Dino, the “Flips Speed Shop” add I sent you features the Heller and Sarnelli “Equalizer” in the photo

don-kauer

Dino, Because I’m old I’m having a hard time navagating the web site but I’m trying…. I’ve posted lots of replies and cannot find them the next day..I’ve just found this one that you wrote about Sachs driving my car……That was at Ct. Dragway on a track rental day with about 50 cars..I had just finished my small block Vega and at the 1000′ mark it was making left turns on its own and was a handful to hold on to..Sachs was there with his bike and told me that I was a wus and just stay into it and it would straighten out.. After a series of 10.0 passes with my early shutoffs John hopped in the car and on his first pass did a burnout and a 9.70 just about sideways through the traps….my old friend John has never let that one go and whenever we talk it comes up……..but I still luv you John……….By the way Charlie Bauer from C&F in Mt. Vernon built in an extra 10 degrees positive caster and the car went straight and stayed in the 9’s……..That car was bought from me by one of the owners of Island Dragway…………………………….Don Kauer

dino
                                        Keymaster

John called you a Wus! He was never lost for words , like me 😀 …Island Dragway Owner bought ? I can track that down.

…………………..How to find your posts: click on User Contol Panel…first page that pops up HAS ‘Your Activity” ..scroll down.. click on “Show your Posts”…it’s shows all you recent posts in order… ALSO at top of anypage vyou are is that User Contol Panel …look to right of it—>VIEW YOUR POSTS

don-kauer

Dino, The vega was a 72 with a late model glass nose..red with full square tube, dana, 4 link, strange eng. brakes…….sold less motor and trans (a roller) and the guy who bought it approached me at Island one night……….said he his family owned the track…..I delivered it to him the following week at the track……I would love to know what happened to that car…For the 2 years that I ran it it was mostly at Ct. Dragway and a few times at Island……….Thanks…..Don……

dino
                                                Keymaster

Don FIND Friend with scanner…take over photo album and suitable Peace offering …Adult beverages and Bags of Snacks…Scan And have him E-mail to me at 300 dpi minimum…Enjoy visit…consume goodies.

don-kauer

Sorry Dino I wrote this twice ……..I could not find it anywhere until I did it again……….Also I have a scanner, just don’t know how to use it….I’ll try to get help with it tomorrow because we are getting our asses kicked with snow and I’m sure to be here all day……..Don……

billy-casey

for the ones that might not remember Don Kauer , he’s the one that everyone in the stands used to put on the catchers mask and glove to catch all the valve train parts on the 2nd and 3rd gear shifts 😆 😆 😆 Billy

bossguy

Thats COLD Speed! 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.