Dover Area SS Cars

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? Dover Area SS Cars

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    aardvark413

Ed Capullo, Thanks for the reply and I hope you enjoy the site. Lots of cool stuff here from the absolute best days of drag racing. Which are long gone. That would be great if you have pictures of the SS/C Camaro. I think I saw it on one of those Indy highlight dvds on youtube. Cool car. Mike

storm-king

Welcome Ed! I’m glad you found the site. You will love the Premium Membership should you decide to join. The photos there are awesome!
            It’s also good to know I’m not the only kook who Googles himself every now and then (just to make sure they’re not coming for me)!

dino
            Keymaster

Wheres Paulie? He probably has more info on this topic than anyone…..Also Need to ADD all the ones “left Out” here.

aardvark413

Hey John Sachs… remember this one?

Attachments:

john-sachs-sr
                    Participant
                        quote aardvark413:

Hey John Sachs… remember this one?

Hell yeah…..
                        Ran real good.Wish I still had it.
                        Sold it to Tom Guloboff “Carpet Bagger” in late 71.
                        John 😉

I drove it for Tom,opening day at Dover 72.Ran a 10.74 well under the SS/DA record at that time. 😀

aardvark413

John, awesome run, 10.70’s was a mile under the national record then. The record was still in the 11’s.

Tom Guloboff? I had thought Bill Trifari bought your Cuda. He did have a SSDA, do you recall anything about that car? Was it a ’70 Cuda?

Thanks
                            Mike

john-sachs-sr
                            Participant

The car was owned by Arrow Chrysler – Plymouth.When the car first came to the dealership, Trifari ran it. I took over from there after I changed things in the engine. ❗
                                When Arrow went out of business, I wound up with the car. 😉
                                John

dino
                                Keymaster

Great Shot Of Macey’s Car…looks like a SuperStock Meet with the “headliners” allowed in the Hot Darpits…Thats Frank Menglers “Speed Freak” next to it. I’m Sure Paulie knows the specs on this one.

Attachments:

dino
                                    Keymaster

Got more to dig out

Attachments:

paul-ceasrine
                                            quote DINO:

Great Shot Of Macey’s Car…looks like a SuperStock Meet with the “headliners” allowed in the Hot Darpits…Thats Frank Menglers “Speed Freak” next to it. I’m Sure Paulie knows the specs on this one.

This should be 1971.

“Speed Freak” was a 1969 Camaro “COPO 9561” with a 427/425 HP ‘Cast Iron Headed’ ‘L-72’ Rat Engine, classed in ‘SS/D’ = {7.50 to 7.99 Wt/Hp} > {Only 822 Built}

“Lead Zeppelin” was a 1970 Plymouth Cuda with a 426 ‘Street Hemi” classed in ‘SS/DA’ = {7.50 to 7.99 Wt/Hp} > {Only 368 Built}

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.