Dover-Lunch At SAM’S

Forums Forums BENCH RACING FROM THE PAST Dover-Lunch At SAM’S

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    super-sport-pete

for some reason a group of us left GENES to go to al the starters brother johns place, berkshire lodge? down on 55 or old 22.al was retired from the track so he would stop in,mr.+mrs. sam lived next door so we also saw them.had to be 74+75. in 76 i was the only one that was racing of the bunch. i know somebody got their trophy drink at genes and johns the same day. i think the locals knew way before we did the track was going away for good.

dino
        Keymaster

Forgot to mention…my last time through Wingdale,to go to Bob Casey’s House,I went by the old place.Still closed up. Now wouldn’t THAT be a neat place to house the Dover Drag Strip Museum.? Maybe get a ‘grant’ from the state historical society…right !

dino
            Keymaster
                quote dinotheweirdo:

Forgot to mention…my last time through Wingdale,to go to Bob Casey’s House,I went by the old place.Still closed up. Now wouldn’t THAT be a neat place to house the Dover Drag Strip Museum.? Maybe get a ‘grant’ from the state historical society…right !

STILL CLOSED UP….Think Mater took a shot of it on his way to Big Als this year…I Say we Rent it out for another Dover -“AnyTHING” Or Open er back up …who needs a part time job? can’t smell any worse than it did back then…should be completely set-up to operate as a bar or ‘lunch’ joint.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.