Dover’s NATIONAL RECORD HOLDERS

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Dover’s NATIONAL RECORD HOLDERS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Ok..this could take some digging..Probably in old National Dragsters (NHRA) and since records could change from record run to record run ..some might have held the record for only a short time .Also AHRA was a factor back then and had their own classes and records. Like Fred Egloff had lettered on his Wagon AHRA record Holder …Brezee, LaRegina, Egloff,Centolanza Bros.,Terenezio, …are a few that come to mind , Need Class, car ,name ,date….go for it

dino
        Keymaster

Hmmmmmm….. This appears a little Hard to answer ???? Need someone to find a Collection of National Dragsters (NHRA) I guess?

vbob
            Participant

Hey

I think I saw a site somewhere it had all the old time record holders on it ???

‘V’

storm-king

I think Charlie boucher was the B or C/A record holder for a while.
                    I also think Ronnie Morehead was the national record holder with his “Tiny Tim” Volvo.
                    Of course going back to the first year I was at Dover, the “Fabulous Hudson Hornet” was at the end of it’s heyday, and I think it was still the record holder.
                    I’ll think on some more, and dig up old EDN’s and Nat’l Dragster’s after PRI.

viz
                    Participant

I used to race D/S in 1965/1966. I recall a ’57 Chevy 2 door sedan from B&J Automotive in White Plains (Bob Dannewitz, spelling is probably wrong) campaigned until he finally broke the record for D/S. Very soon after, he sold the car (mission accomplished I guess), I beat the car with the new owner driving, but let me state I was not the quicker car, the new owner did not seem to know how to handle his national record holder.

Viz

dino
                        Keymaster

Was that car lettered? …to find in photo galleries… AND there’s Another Dover Guy to find .

viz
                            Participant
                                quote dinotheweirdo:

Was that car lettered? …to find in photo galleries… AND there’s Another Dover Guy to find .

Yes, it said “B&J Automotive” on it, and I think Bob’s name was lettered over the doors.

Viz

dino
                                Keymaster

Brought This topic Back from page 5 of General Discussion…Add Skeet Russell to the list and there MUST be a site that lists this stuff ??? unless somebody has a pile of National Dragsters to go through …Hey- How ’bout Andy Kinash-the DeMarzos ??? …Centolanza Bros.? Dick Moroso…Al Bowes ……John Gunn ? Need Name -Class & Year …some of you guys have time to Dig …..

vbob
                                    Participant

HEY

Try Drag List.Com
                                        ‘V’

dino
                                        Keymaster

Just Talked with Bobby Schlegal ,who’s posting a bunch Tonight. What’s the Terenzio Record history ? how far back …Moroso ? and real far back …like mid ’60s …Egloff ?

grover-dragct

the other part of b j auto was john sachs grover

bobby-s

Dino
                                                    here is some info & pictures of THE WIZARD,
                                                    Andy & Barb Kinash’s ’69 chevelle wagon
                                                    when I was with them,
                                                    record holder 4/93 @ US 13, 12.78
                                                    reset 10/93 @ grove in N/SA 12.72
                                                    350 ci, glide, just under 4,000 lbs 😮
                                                    with a 2 brl carb. 😯

in 1994 we won the Dutch Classic
                                                    at the grove in stock eliminator 😉
                                                    K/SA class for the dutch
                                                    350 ci, glide, just under 4,000 lbs 😮
                                                    with a Q-Jetcarb. 😯

had a lot of fun 😛

hope Joe DeMarzo comes on and
                                                    lists everything he did with his ’69 camaro

bobby s.

Attachments:

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Bumped this topic back up ….need some more info here ….

billy-casey

Fred’s Speed Shop held many records over the years with all his cars , the , 62 wagon [Hauler] , the 56/55 wagon [Dutch Boys] and of course the 67 camaro . he held records in gas and mod / prod. in both NHRA and AHRA . Fred helped me out alot all thru the year and i could never thank him enough ….. 😎 😎 😎 Billy

dino
                                                            Keymaster

How ’bout you search your old National Dragsters and Copy or scan the actual listing …get ’em to us and we’ll put together a “display .Brian will get it .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.