Dover’s NATIONAL RECORD HOLDERS

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Dover’s NATIONAL RECORD HOLDERS

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    maso
    Participant

Jay Broderick and his Gramatan Dodge tied the NHRA North East Division record with the very famous Tasca Ford in late May of 1965 probably in SS/A class. I was graduating from high school that weekend…! My neighbors were the Rickman brothers and I remember their celebration.

See: http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=810&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit

patina
        Participant

Just read a EDN on HAMB and Dave Daly beat Charlie Bouchers “Bad News” to win comp eliminater and in the process “squeaked by” Lagana and set the Track Record at 11.23 at 120MPH July 26,1964

Post #184 in; Eastern Drag News..one of the best drag rags

Pat

maso
            Participant
                quote patina:

Just read a EDN on HAMB and Dave Daly beat Charlie Bouchers “Bad News” to win comp eliminater and in the process “squeaked by” Lagana and set the Track Record at 11.23 at 120MPH July 26,1964

Post #184 in; Eastern Drag News..one of the best drag rags

Pat

Now… go see: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=458932&highlight=dave+daly for the whole story. 😉

patina
                Participant

Thats my ADD/HD I read record holders and then looked for post. I did type track record though, your on the ball Maso.

Rise and shine people.

Pat

dino
                    Keymaster

THIS TOPIC needed to be revived AND added to! Dick Moroso, Al Bowes, ….come on guys …dust off the cobwebs.

don-kauer

I’ll be with Jim Broderick ( Jay’s son ) today for lunch and I’m sure he will love these pics….I’m working on getting Jay’s scrapbook……. Also in the 70’s I had 4 separate records with AHRA and UHRA……Et and Mph for C/HR F1 .( from different meets) Both these records were with the Pro Stock small block of Bob Ingles in my Camaro ..Et for D/HR F2…This was my motor with a set of Casey’s heads that he got from Fred…I’ll have to dig out the certificates…I’m thinking 1971-1973………………One more….C/HR F3 ET record…….This was the Ingles motor with a small carb on …..10:88..We were totally shocked and so were the tech inspectors…they checked the shit out of us 😆 …. 8-)It was an all legal 331 small block in pro stock form with a highly modified intake and a holley 2 barrel…Everything else was the same… I ran my mouth off for about a year for having a 3000 lb.small block car in the 10’s with a 2 barrel 😆 😆 😆 …Don..

dino
                            Keymaster

Don ,I lettered a LOT of Stock Cars For Jimmy…won a lot of Best Appearing awards…His Dad’s Scapebook would be awesome…probably some great old shots never seen.

don-kauer

Dino………. Jim got a good buzz from the pic of his Dad…..We had lunch and he will bring me Jay’s scrapbook to keep.. 🙂 ..I’ll let you know when it is in my possession and we will post the pics and whatever other goodies are there……Don.. 😎

dino
                                    Keymaster

Don ..we’ll continue the “Broderick” story at this Topic:
                                        http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=810&hilit=broderick
                                        …I’m sure Gramdog will assist.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.