Eugene Coard Of Ronald Lyles Team

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? Eugene Coard Of Ronald Lyles Team

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    paul-ceasrine

HEY DRAKE,

My Pop said All Is Forgiven, you can come home now 😆
        Love your posts, very intense verbage. Like a VINDICATOR.
        He said, those Fowler Avenue burn-outs were not your fault. Dover didn’t have a
        Test-N-Tune night. So it was either Rt. 6 in front of the Fore-N-Aft, Rt. 6 in front of
        Lake Glenieda or out on the Cause-way out on Rt. 301 between the reservoir (where we went).
        Not sure if you remember, but one of your blast-byes in front of the Amoco Station was with a black Galaxie (I think), with open-headers. The fish were jumpin in the lake 😆
        Not sure if you got any speeing tickets in town. Maybe the Carmel Police Force purchased
        their cars from a local dealership 😀

Paul

bobby-s

Paul
            Tom Bennett’s chevell was Red with the white drop top,
            his buddy Vic Coleman had the green’sh on e
            it was 327 4 spd, black vinal roof,

ask dad if he remembers Vern Randal’s Red/White
            chevelle, the name on the side was
            “THE FAMILY JEWEL” lived in patterson
            went to carmel hs was in my senor class,
            I used my brothers 66 ford GTA, Doug Ballerd had the killer GTO,
            Don DiCarmine had the chevelle before he got the ’69 Z-28 cross ram camaro.
            Will remember more as the dust rises on that side of the brain 😮

do not remember Wing Nut T/A, everyone remember
            mine as the only one in the area, had it till 73 when
            I blew the Vitar trans during a snow storn on the way to work
            at Mt. Kisco Ford, the firestone town & countrys where to much for it 😆

I remember racing Frank Itichery on 52 and blew the door off the olds he had
            the following week daddy went and bought him a big block camaro
            it might have been a YANKO, he was like some of the other cry babies in the area,
            “DADDY I NEED A —– I’M NOT HE FASTEST OR BEST” 🙄 😥 😥

dad should remeber when Kent PD had the 440 4 spd mopar the Mike Tierny drove, and also the 427 police package chevys. Joe, Andy and Larry had fun with them. 😉
            Carmel PD was all FOMOCO, 390’s and I think a 428 or 29 was mixed in there some where.
            Remember Dale Shiltz crusing with them, 😛
            the town lines had some heavy power waiting on friday nights. 😯

The tempest with the Axle was fun, remember riding around with
            Low & Ray Vignogna when they had the ’64 &’64 with the axles,
            I put pictures of them on here one at the old Baldwin Place shopping center
            the other on my parents property in Yorktown.

The fun Days,
            Bobby S.

paul-ceasrine

BOBBY S.

I think you just about nailed everybody, except for a few stragglers.
                * Donnie Maglawski had a 66′ Pontiac 2 + 2, 421 Tri-Power
                * Ronnie Gray 65′ Pontiac, 421 4-speed. That heavy car was in my fathers class in 68′ J/S.
                Once that thing got going it was an animal. But could never get it out of the hole. Way
                too heavy. Broke the transmission or drive-shaft coming off the line.

“Wing-Nut” definitely had a Plum-Crazy T/A. Showed up at the Gulf Station one night with it. That was the last we ever saw of him 🙁 A wild character. No fear of breaking cars.
                I have to let my father look at your last thread. I’m sure he remembers all those Muscle-Cars.
                Frank Itchery, with the red Olds 442. Nice car with Cragars. Yes, had to have the best of everything. I used to ride with him to Dover back in 68’/69′. Ran the car in SS/FA, because he put on an aluminum intake and had 9″ slicks? Ran 13.70’s and got creamed. He would have been better off with the stock intake and 7′ slicks, and ran in C/SA. Nice to hear that you smoked him. Daddy bought him everything.
                Hey, I remember a 70′ T/A that ran at Dover in 1972, “PLUM CRAZY” 340/290 HP Six-Pack, ran in SS/I, always in $$ Eliminator. Ran 12.50’s or so. Didn’t do too bad. When my father went into SS/I in 1973, the T/A wasn’t there anymore.

Paul

bobby-s

Paul

I have see if I can find the class my T/A ran at dover, 😮
                    Tommy Simone (Mahopac Dodge) 😯
                    ran it while I brought Thumper (our 55 wagon) to dover on our carrier with Andy, 🙄
                    Don Magalski also had he ’63 split window with the big fender extensions, 😡
                    that cat was pulled out of the woods in pieces, rusted into the ground, about 5 yrs ago. 🙁
                    Ther was another sleeper car in the area, Terry Ashby, black mustang, 4spd, Hi-Po
                    think’n 70-71’s. 😛

Have to ask Jack Every about the Kent car club 😉
                    (I put picture of the original jacket, it’s some where on here) 😕
                    there were some sleepers in there also. 😀

Later
                    Bobby S.

paul-ceasrine

Booby S.

I think in 71′ and 72′, the T/A and AAR 340/290 HP Six-Pack cars (after NHRA re-factoring)
                        were set in G/S or SS/I. Think they were re-factored to 305 HP.
                        That 70′ “PLUM CRAZY” T/A was either from Poughkeepsie area, or North Jersey? Some range. Those cars were a little heavier than some people think, 3400 lbs. or so.
                        The 340 Dusters in 71′, 72′ and 73′ were in G/S or SS/I also.
                        Now our 68′ 340 Cuda would have been in F/S, but also was in SS/I. That one I can’t figure out. Thats the NHRA- Way.

Paul

dino
                        Keymaster

How did this Topic go from Ronald Lyles team to where it is ❓ …which is: “I don’t know, He’s on third ” 😯

paul-ceasrine

DINO<

OOPS! MI’ Dollente’ (I/m Sorry),
                                Wrong post. Aplogies to Eugene Coard, Ron Lyle and Bunny Burkett.
                                Should have started a topic in “Where are they now?” CARMEL CARS.
                                Now, who would be first on the list?

PC

dino
                                Keymaster

Bobby Schlegal ?…or a member of that old Carmel Car Club?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.