F-TROOP GASSER ON EBAY..Ran At DOVER

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR F-TROOP GASSER ON EBAY..Ran At DOVER

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    ftroop

While restoring vintage funny cars is my gig, I can not take credit for the restoration of the Willys. My friend Dan Hix did the hard work. I put the finishing touches to it. And as stated Jay only built one.

Steve

babycakes
        Participant

Steve,both you and Dan Hix must have ‘hours’,just in the paint job alone,for this ‘beautiful’ classic Willys! It sure made it mark throughout the U.S. in it’s day! ‘Bad to the bone’ and quite a handful to hold on to,with that short wheel base,and blown and injected engine! No doubt those added on rear wings helped tame it some! 😮 😀 Again,thank you for the response.

hvy70ss
            Participant

How crazy is this???
                So I’m watching the finals from Maple Grove tonight and they were talking about the “Nitro Generation”. Basically second gen. racers and tuners. They interview Jimmy Prock (Robert Hights crew chief from Force racing). They start showing pictures of his dad, Tom Prock. Up pops a pic of the F-troop car,wheels in the air, with those “Mickey Mouse” ear wings on the back!! No matter where you go….Dover was a part of todays racing in some shape or form.

Smitty

tomblake
                Participant

Saw the same thing on the F Troop picture. How was Tom Prock related to that Dover car? Is he the Prock on the door graphics?

hvy70ss
                    Participant

Tom,
                        He was, according to the story about the car posted above.
                        Smitty

babycakes
                        Participant

Smitty,your 100% correct! It’ nice to see the ‘next’ generation of drag racers reflect back on our generation of ‘famous’ race cars; and Dover Dragstrip being a ‘part’ of these ‘legends’ and of there success during that era! Sorry I missed seeing that on t.v.I don’t get that channel unfortunately.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.