FAIRFIELD TIMING ASSOCIATON

Forums Forums CAR CLUB ROLL CALL…dover days /check in FAIRFIELD TIMING ASSOCIATON

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    popzj

I’ll email Diane the link to the site, and I’ll get Franks email address from her

ralph-solhem

I was a member of the fta in the early sevrnties. I still have my fta shirt and some dover pit passes, trophies, a poster or two and some 8mm movies from the 60’s and some slides from car shows in conn. and new york.

dino
            Keymaster

Think I found George Morley ,down Here ! in Aberdeen,N.C. (near Southern Pines)….tracking him down.

masracingtd1167
                Participant

Ralph did you guy’s run a c/dragster I think we raced each other a few times?

dino
                    Keymaster

Billy …are younear Pramer to check out his photo stash?

vanir97

I was a member of the FTA I am guessing 64-66 Then Uncle gave me a 3 year paid vacation in the USMC, of which 17 mos was spent in the garden spot known as SE Asia.

I worked with Joe at Redmond Chevrolet before and after I came back from overseas. The clubhouse was just a garage, and I don’t know if Joe ever got the car they were working on finished and to the track. when I came back home, racing was just not a priority, and sadly I stopped.

when I was racing (65-66) we ran a 65 fastback Mustang which we had sponsored by West Fair Ford in Westport CT. we were able (by some engine mods) to run everything from B/S all the way down to H/S (2 barrel manifold) out of our normal 289/4brl 225 HP car. we also got help from “Skeets Russel” who ran that C/SA 61 Plymouth.

Joe Tanner was a great guy and a great co-worker. My first repair job at Redmond was replacing king pins on some rat assed truck that had not seen grease in 5+ years. He helped me finish it up. This was something since we were all flat rate guys, so buy helping me he was losing $$$$$

dino
                            Keymaster

lets see how good a cyber detective I am …Staff at Public School System in Virginia ? But regardless …Welcome Aboard! Plenty of guys from your ‘era’ on here !

vanir97

Yep…Moved to Virginia (Front Royal) in 1989 from Stamford. Teach and coach HS football for a LONG, LONG TIME. Back in the Day (as Paul Sr says) Rich Moroso/Hank Dietrich had their speed shop in Stamford. Moroso had that B/MP Vette while Hank had an A/Sp Vette. Nelson North also belonged to FTA. Kind of hard seeing the “In Memorial” list being that I knew some of them. seems like the day of the low budget racer are long gone. Even on ESPN, all they show are the top classes. That’s why I like the PINKS shows..along with Pass Time.

Are you originally from the CT/NY area?

dino
                                    Keymaster

Grew up in Westchester(Katonah) then ran Sign shop in Danbury(79-93) WAS IN FTA …late 60’s . Dino

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.