FLORIDA DOVER GUY ALERT!

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? FLORIDA DOVER GUY ALERT!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

This is Rich from M&M we would like to have a 2 day event @ Orlando Speed World Jan. Feb or March 2017 when ALL U R In Fla for Winter Vacation. Tell us what U think? Post here tell (Dino), Mikey or on the M&M page. We don’t have Much Time Let Dino,Mikey or M&M

patina
        Participant

Rich what the hell is “ebenty” ? Is that Floridian for “event”? Aside from that=, how you doing?

Pat

tomblake
            Participant

Be nice to do something in FL. That would give the Northeaster’s a place to come when it is too cold up there. 😀

patina
                Participant

Just spoke with Willie the Welder, he’s back from Florida and said he was at Bradenton for some races. Seem’s his stepson works on a Pro-Mod. Willie winters in Silver Springs and Ken Hayn (had 56 chev. conv. E/G) is in Belleview.

Pat

dino
                    Keymaster

Update….Rich & I talk almost every other day…strong support from all the car clubs he’s talked too…I’ve been just swamped with regular shop work,planning our Dover Race,and working the Gasoline Alley pre-planning for Syracuse Nationals. Contacting Orlando to set this up…centrally located and have no Nostalgia;gia events on their Schedule. Stand by for the latest…dino

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Hay Guys,
                            U’all NEED TO TELL DINO if U WANT A FLA EVENT!! MICKEY & I R WILLING YO DO THE LEG WORK BUT U MUST TELL DINO U WANT IT!!
                            Drag Racing
                            Car show
                            Swap Meet
                            Car Coral

dino
                            Keymaster

…..News Alert ! ….we now go to Old Fart news desk to Dino for Latest report……” Dino Here,just off the phone with Jennifer,the Track owners assistant at Orlando Dragway.. She will be Meeting today with Track owner and operations manager to present our event concept for “Northeast Racers Reunion” tentatively planned for Jan-Feb 2017 At Orlando Speed World Dragway .Full conceptual plan e-mailed today .In talking to her,we found out they own six tracks in the south with only Bradenton having anything close to a Nostalgia event. That’s a small “Billetproof” race on the 1/8 mile track out in the boonies. Remember BilletProof events are for pre-64 cars only…the ‘Jalopy Journal’ philosophy of ‘traditional’ hot rods. Orlando is an IHRA full 1/4 track with NO Nostalgia anything on their schedule. She was quite interested with our now 8 year success story.We’ll be on this story….film at 11. I’m Dino ….reporting from a secure location in North Carolina…Back to the Forum”.

http://www.raceosw.com/dragway/

Attachments:

kman
                                Participant

I need 3 things…. time… date and place… sounds like it could be a great gig …. GO GIT’ EM’ DINO !!

mikey

Dino, i just wanted to let you know that I’ll be staying in touch with Rich on this deal. If I can help you in any way, please let me know. I’m not fully healthy yet, but I’m not dead either. Loaded up, ready to go!!! ……………..Mikey :mrgreen:

Attachments:

babycakes
                                        Participant

Mikey….’GOOD’ to hear from ya!!! It’s been a while,for sure! We’re all hoping to see ya possibly at the ‘Valley’ with your ‘Toy’ this year! Wishing you the best of ‘health’,and keep us updated,if your gonna give the Willys a workout,on the dragstrips,that are locally,down in Florida,my friend! 😉 🙂 Pete.

dino
                                            Keymaster

WAITING for Orlando to reply…My usual experience …call back 6 times to get the answer. Mikey & Rich our local operatives…Blake is going to be ‘volunteered’ too.

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

There’s strength in #s , call what ever to get Orlando Speed World interested. I have 3 LARGE CAR CLUBS ( incl.East Coast Cruises who put on the Turkey Rod Run)
                                                    That are INTERESTED, 200-300 SHOW CARS, / RACE CARS. I’M Sure the show car guys would like to take their Ride down the 1/4 mi!
                                                    Swap Meet, Car coral, Trophies, Grab bag & More
                                                    We can do this together!!

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Waiting For ORLANDO to reply…typical …I’ll ‘be on their case’. Just contacted two clubs in Florida and filled them in.

kman
                                                        Participant

Any Updates On This Whole Thing ???? …

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Well…Logistics Problems have forced us to cancel this …Track Owner & I agreed maybe in the future…Too much stuuff having to be done with our race .So I’m focusing on that.Can’t be streached too thin.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.