FRED HARRISON’S NEW RIDE

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION FRED HARRISON’S NEW RIDE

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    frank-j-majauskas
    Participant

I had a nice talk with Freddie today. He recently purchased a 1948 Anglia (barn find). I race car
        had sat in a garage for 28 years on jack stands with the motor disassembled down to the short block.
        The car does have history as it was raced in NHRA events in a number of states. Freddie has been taking things apart and replacing them. He has reassemble the engine and rebuilt the fuel injection unit. The
        car is now running. Today he received his new tires, front runners and slicks, to replace the old rubber.
        He does intend on racing the car at some of the smaller 1/8 mile tracks and I will keep you posted as soon
        as I hear anything. These historic race cars are still out there and surface from time to time. 😮 😀
        Oh, engine is BBC with power glide trans and Olds rear. No electronics. Fred found this car in Texas
        where he lives now.

Frank… 😎

Attachments:

patina
        Participant

Frank post it on FB’s “All Things Anglia” or on HAMB’s Anglia page. Looks cool!

Pat

babycakes
            Participant

Frank, THANK YOU for sharing, what a ‘story’!!! Freddie found ‘GOLD’!!! I can’t believe the shape it’s in,after sitting all these years! Frank,I know you’ve got a ‘passion’ for Anglia ‘gassers,as you used to run one,back in the day; and this must get the ole heart ‘thumping’ a bit,to see one found,and being resurrected! Please keep us updated,on it’s progress! :geek: 😉 Pete.

vbob
                Participant

HEY

For those that didn’t know it Fred Harrison lived in lakeside,Ct.
                    and bought the Little Giant from George Brazee!He was great friends with his fellow Watertown Customs car club!
                    In the old pics you will see Freds name and Lakeside ,Ct. on The Little Giant!
                    Fred does keep in touch with his old Watertown Custom friends in Ct. and was here last year !

‘V’

frank-j-majauskas
                    Participant

I apologize for not telling you who Fred Harrison was. Thank you V-Man for connecting the dots
                        for everyone. Yeah Pete, I will keep ya updated on Fred’s progress. Here’s a pic of the “Little Giant”
                        with Harrison and Lakeside,CT on the roof and side of the car.

Frank… 😎

Attachments:

john-sachs-sr
                        Participant

NICE !!!

babycakes
                            Participant

John,I was thinking about ya, when I first read,and saw these photos of the Anglia! Even though it isn’t blown like yours,it had to get the ole heart pumping once again,to see one survived,and going to run besides too! As they say John…’LIFE IS GOOD’!!! 😀 😀 😀 Pete.

john-sachs-sr
                                Participant
                                    quote Babycakes:

John,I was thinking about ya, when I first read,and saw these photos of the Anglia! Even though it isn’t blown like yours,it had to get the ole heart pumping once again,to see one survived,and going to run besides too! As they say John…’LIFE IS GOOD’!!! 😀 😀 😀 Pete.

Right on ……… 😀 😀

dino
                                    Keymaster

Who’s got Freds phone # ?…How did I miss this..gotta call ! .Oh well …shop work been Crazy.

vbob
                                        Participant

HEY

Frank M.

‘V’

frank-j-majauskas
                                            Participant

Dino, I’ll “pm” you Fred’s #..
                                                Frank… 😎

dino
                                                Keymaster

Thanks Frank …Got it …We WILL be calling Fred…He better be ready for Sept…Gasser crowd coming in force.

vbob
                                                    Participant

HEY
                                                        Frank ,ya better tell Dino where Fred Harrison lives!!!!

‘V’

frank-j-majauskas
                                                        Participant

V…I’m sure that Dino knows that Fred has lived in Texas for
                                                            like 40 years now. 😆

Frank… 😎

patina
                                                            Participant
                                                                quote Frank J. Majauskas:

V…I;m sure that Dino knows that Fred has lived in Texas for
                                                                like 40 years now. 😆

Frank… 😎

Fat chance of that!

Pat

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.