FREEDOMLAND DRAG STRIP

Forums Forums BENCH RACING FROM THE PAST FREEDOMLAND DRAG STRIP

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    billy-casey

Ive got another one … does anyone remember Roosevelt Raceway parking lot on sat. nights around 63 /64 …someone got killed there .. thought it was 1/4 mile. I was there that night racing my moms 59 ford .. Boy if she ever new. those days were great ,we lived AMERICAN GRAFFITI and to me that was the best times of our lives … Billy

dino
        Keymaster

That Raceway ?…Billy ….A horse track…fill me in ? early 60’s -you’re right ! good times …

hemi-gtx-man

I REMEMBER THE HUTCH IN 69 WHEN WE GOT OFF AT PELHAM AND HEADED SOUTH , THE COPS WERE WAITING AND PULLED EVERYONE OVER. CAR FLYING EVERY WHICH WAY. I REMEMBER A MOTION VETTE WAS GOING TO RACE AND GOT BUSTED. I FORGET HIS NAME, I WAS FROM CASTLE HILL AND HE WAS FROM THE SAME AREA. I LOVED HANGING AT THE CASTLE AND ABOUT 1-2 AM GOING TO THE HUTCH OR THE NEW ENGLAND THRUWAY. ITS WHAT MY SON’S WISH THEY WERE PART OF. REAL MUSCLE NOT RICE!!

quote Billy Casey:

yes I remember it well .. white castle was the Mels Drive IN of the Bronx..In 69 I was more involved with The Wedge Inn on boston post road and was involved with some pretty big dollar stuff on the Hutch pkwy. boy if my wife ever new what I was doing on those late nights.. 😆 😳 🙄
                dino
                Keymaster

THIS IS TURNING INTO A “street Racing in da Bronxks” deal SO …Continue HERE about ‘FREEDOM LAND’ and I got a NEW Forum AT “BENCH RACING ” about Just THAT….DA NEW YAWK BOYZ RACING On THE STREET

billy-casey

yes Dino.. that was the horse track … when the horses didnt race they had 1/8 mile drags in the parking lot … it was close to the city so there were alot of cars…

quote dinotheweirdo:

That Raceway ?…Billy ….A horse track…fill me in ? early 60’s -you’re right ! good times …
                        anthonyc

Hey guys this is my first time posting but I have been reading all the threads here.Any how I just wanted to mention I know Bobby Delsole he still has his MG. It hasnt been out in many years but it is still alive. I might be able to post some very current pictures of it soon.

hemi-gtx-man

Very Kool, There is somebody out there. Can’t wait to see pics

quote anthonyc:

Hey guys this is my first time posting but I have been reading all the threads here.Any how I just wanted to mention I know Bobby Delsole he still has his MG. It hasnt been out in many years but it is still alive. I might be able to post some very current pictures of it soon.
                                billy-casey

was that car the same as ‘Willy the welder’ a red MG with a small block.. I remember that car well … 😛 Billy

anthonyc

No this car was always black and pinstriped . Sometimes it had a big stick on key on the back. Like a wind up toy.

hemi-gtx-man

The moderator 👿 wants this to go under bench racing. I am going to statr it up under bench racing.

dino
                                            Keymaster

THANK YOU AND I”LL SEE YOU THERE ! Continue Here About Freedom Land…PHOTOS anyone ?

dino
                                                Keymaster
                                                    quote Hemi-GTX-Man:

I WAS WEANED AT FREEDOMLAND DRAGSTRIP. I WAS INTRODUCED TO THE 62 409’S, A MOPAR WITH BUTTONS CALLED MR. FROG, A BLACK PRIMED 55 CALLED BRUTUS. AS I GOT OLDER WE RACED AT CONNOR ST. I REMEMBER BOBBY DELSO,S SMALL BLOCK MG, J&J CUSTOM SHOP AND A FRIEND KENNY NESTER HAD BURKE AVE SPEED SHOP. I MIGHT HAVE SOME DATES WRONG IN MY MIND, BUT WHAT A TIME. I HAD A BUNCH OF PICTURES THAT WERE LOST IN A FLOOD, BUT I STILL HAVE A FEW FROM DOVER. I WILL TRY TO DIG THEM OUT.

………….. HOW “BOUT THOSE PHOTOS ????? [Dino]

saltydogfromyo

Neg Guy her Lou Saltarelli from yonkers. I was very good friends with Tony and Kenny Nester from Burke Ave Speed Shop my brother-in law Doug drove the c/g dragster they built. They use to test drive it on Burke Ave. Tony moved up to la grange still into building T buckets with his sons. he might have alot of pics I’ve been trying to get in touch with him. I remember Freedom Land as a park and a strip

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Salty…check the OTHER Freedomland topic.

slomo

The Roosevelt Raceway track ran exactly ONCE. There was a death. A dragster owned by Bilbo(?). The powers that be decided no more drag racing

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.