GASSER …belonged to WHO?

Forums Forums DINO’S PHOTO PICK OF THE WEEK GASSER …belonged to WHO?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

as usual …looking for one thing and found another…This A/Gas in the Big ODF Galleries…never saw it before.Bad instamatic -actually camera Kathy Vignogna got from sending in cereal Box tops-TRUE . Its in the Super Stock lanes…around 1970 …So Who’s is it ? blured names on door…first one ‘Bart”

Attachments:

babycakes
        Participant

Hey Dino.There’s a guy named Larry Stauff who runs a B/G Anglia called ‘Obsession’.I saw him run at Lebanon Valley a few years ago.I think he belonged to N.E.T.O (?).It was red also,and always popped some ‘good’ wheelies.I think he was from Conneticut,Mass. area (?).Here again,I’m pulling straws whether he was involved with the photo your displaying of the ‘mystery’ A/G Anglia.

dino
            Keymaster

This ones chopped…Not ‘PlayTime’ ….not ‘Good Vibrations’….then ther’es “Hellatious’ and one you mentioned not at NETO galleries.

fastlane

WHAT THIS ONE ? FROM MY CHRIS RASILE / GREG GUARINELLO PHOTO COLLECTION . 😎

vbob
                    Participant

HEY
                        Found this up in the attic!!
                        ‘V’

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

V-Bob…Chopped top….Chris …If it stayed local …Could be it. NETO Guys must have contact with him ….?

dino
                            Keymaster

V-Bobs photo IS >Larry ,ran out of Rhode Island …did some snooping…last record of him running was in 2007…might still have it . NOT CHOPPED.

patina
                                Participant
                                    quote video Bob:

HEY
                                    Found this up in the attic!!
                                    ‘V’

What do we know about this car? I’m still looking for the Cali Bros. A/G anglia later known as Cali and McCarthy car may have been sold in late 60s early 70s.

Pat

Attachments:

dino
                                    Keymaster

Just talked to B&B Performance in Branford.(Name on Car)
                                        Oldest guy there now is 40 and said this:

“I don’t recognize the car at all. However I was really young when this car was around. If you have some time I can ask some of the older guys that used to work here and raced at Connecticut Drag Strip. They stop in just about every week.I’ll show them the post and see if they remember the car.”

mikey
                                            quote dinotheweirdo:

Just talked to B&B Performance in Branford.(Name on Car)
                                            Oldest guy there now is 40 and said this:

“I don’t recognize the car at all. However I was really young when this car was around. If you have some time I can ask some of the older guys that used to work here and raced at Connecticut Drag Strip. They stop in just about every week.I’ll show them the post and see if they remember the car.”

Cool. Maybe you can come up with some good info and maybe even some pics. That would be excellent. ………….Mikey 😆

fastlane

I FOUND ANOTHER ANGLIA GASSER PHOTO TAKEN AT ENGLISHTOWN AT THE 2005 NOSTALGIA OLD TIME DRAGS .

dino
                                                Keymaster

Says NETO…WHERE Are All These Cars Now?…Could have a whole eliminator called RED ANGLIAS.

babycakes
                                                    Participant

This is ‘Coney Island Ralph’ landolfi’s tribute B/G Anglia that he built a few years ago.His son Adam,drove it,however,sadly,Adam (age 43) had a severe heart attack in 2007 which took his life.Ralph was very tough to beat in the early to late 60’s B/G and C/A class running both Willys and Anglias not to mention being a record holder.And yes.he did run Dover at times.Ralph and his son ran a business in south Jersey called ‘Landi’s’,selling and servicing muscle cars,classics,and hot rods.

frank-j-majauskas
                                                        Participant

Thanks for the info Babycakes. I remember Ralph racing at Dover in one of the
                                                            “Gasser/Altered” Shootouts. I loved watching him run his Anglia, maybe because
                                                            my brother and I ran an Anglia also. No where at his level of performance! 🙂 Boy,
                                                            that car ran good !
                                                            Frank…[attachment=0]Landolphi Cover

Attachments:

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Cakes: Is Ralph still alive AND what happened to the car? Also -that Drag Times Cover refers to Ralph winning AT DOVER in our Altered Showdown.
                                                                ……………What happened to finding identity of Car in first post ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.