GASSER …belonged to WHO?

Forums Forums DINO’S PHOTO PICK OF THE WEEK GASSER …belonged to WHO?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    patina
    Participant
        quote fastlane:

I FOUND ANOTHER ANGLIA GASSER PHOTO TAKEN AT ENGLISHTOWN AT THE 2005 NOSTALGIA OLD TIME DRAGS .

The reproduction Anglia shown here was for sale in May 10 for 48 g’s in National Dragster

Pat

mikey

Dino, you opened a can of worms. I think your original pic has gone the route of Buggy Whip Factories!! 😆

babycakes
            Participant

Hey Dino,I believe Ralph is still kicking.Loosing his son,and his eye sight dwindling,he’s slowed down his pace working on hot rods.The white Anglia with the blue lined accent was once my partner Bill and mine(just the body).In 64 the ‘gasser’ trend was leading to Anglias.We were going to retire the Willys and run an Anglia.After chopping the top(that’s how far we got),Uncle Sam sent me his greetings.This put the ‘kabash’ on racing,me in the service,and my partner with 4 kids ans a wife to support.Around the same time ‘Coney Island Ralph’ flipped his red Anglia down at ‘E’ town (an employee ran across the shut down area to remove debris when Ralph hit the traps,and Ralph avoided hitting him).At this point,Ralph needed a ‘body’.In the situation we were in,we sold the roller ‘body’ only to Ralph.It went to a ‘good’ home for sure.Last i know it was seen at Atco in the early 70’s.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.