Grumpys Toys… Where Are They Now?

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? Grumpys Toys… Where Are They Now?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    cullyflower

I love the corn fields in the back ground ……………………………………tomato
        Since he is contour farming there is room for the hierloom tomatoes between the corn patches 🙂 🙂 🙂

cullyflower
            quote storm king:

I never noticed Dutch Irgang’s name on that car before. We used to run him when he ran Jungle Jim’s Vega pro stocker.

Dutch Irrgang did really good cylinder head work. That would have got him recruited for the super crew. 😉

storm-king

My brother raced Dutch in the NED1 pro stock circuit. He drove “Jungle Jim’s” Vega wagon. My understanding is he was Grump’s transmission man.

dino
                Keymaster

WELL …He started out saying” I’m A big Fan…and looking for Info and Photos” 😎 …..We can NOW let the “Cat out of the Bag” Just got this from “Our Ghost Writer in Canada”:

Hi Dino,
                    long time no hear, hope your doing well.
                    Finished up the Grumpys Toys book and its now in the hands of the publisher. Release is due Jan. 2011.
                    I did get a hold of Doc Burgess regarding the Black Arrow and his story will be told. He was kind enough to send me an 8 page letter, a few photos and a copy of the original bill of sale. A couple of the photos and a copy of the bill of sale will be in the book. Doc seems quite happy his story will finally be told and the record put straight.
                    Thanks for your help early on and feel free to spread the word.
                    Oh, and their will be numerous never before published photos of the car in the book.
                    Take it easy.

DougJrStk

jrstk

Hey, Thanks Dino.
                        Yup the book is finally complete and as a fan first, Im quite excited about it. Obviously the main focus will be the cars campaigned by Bill or in conjunction with others. Dave Strickler and the Old Reliables, The Dodge Boys and the Black Arrow are all documented, and their will be plenty of revealing info.
                        I got a hold of Doc Burgess a few months back and he was eager to have the story of the Black Arrow told. He sent me a nice 8 page letter along with a few photos and a copy of the original bill of sale for the car. Doc did review my write up and did give his approval.
                        I did spend app. 40 to 50 hours interviewing Bill and to be honest, his take on the Arrow did differ, though only slightly. As you’re aware, to many folks the history and ownership of the Arrow has been quite clouded over the years. This should finally put to rest any questions.
                        Their will be plenty of never before published photos and I have a countless list of contributors. I just hope I remembered everyone.
                        Anyways, I hope everyone gets a chance to read it.
                        Doug

dino
                        Keymaster

Jon Lundberg (my old Friend-“the Voice Of Drag Racing”) Just posted this about Jenkins on his Facebook page:

“I am saddened to report that one of drag racing’s greats is seriously hurting. Bill “Grumpy” Jenkins went through emergency brain surgery Monday and is very ill. Things are really dicey just now. Prayers and good thoughts sent his way would be appreciated.”

mikey

Prayers from the McDermott family are on the way. ……………Mikey 😆

bobby-s
                                    don-kauer

Well I’ve called Berserko Bob and they have told him Jenkins is in recovery and guarded condition… 😥 …Our thoughts and prayers are with ” The Grump ” …….My all time best and always drag racing HERO…..Thank you Lord for saving him……..Don…

slomo

The 69 Camaro was sold to Brooklyn Heavy as i remember. The 1966 Chevy II was wrecked in a towing accident. The second Chevy II has not been found. No one has any clue where it is.

jrstk
                                                quote Slomo:

The 69 Camaro was sold to Brooklyn Heavy as i remember. The 1966 Chevy II was wrecked in a towing accident. The second Chevy II has not been found. No one has any clue where it is.

Did Brooklyn buy the ’69 also? I know he bought the ’68 car. As for the second ’66 Chevy II, Bill himself traced this car to a field in Maryland, and a owner who refused to part with it back in the ’90’s. Apparently the only thing worth salvaging now is/was the VIN tag.

slomo

I know he bought at least one Camaro of Jenkins. I am not sure which or if it was one or two.
                                                    Herb McCandless showed up to run his Sox & Martin stuff when Heavy still had the Chevies. He might know something.

dino
                                                    Keymaster
                                                        quote dinotheweirdo:

WELL …He started out saying” I’m A big Fan…and looking for Info and Photos” 😎 …..We can NOW let the “Cat out of the Bag” Just got this from “Our Ghost Writer in Canada”:

Hi Dino,
                                                        long time no hear, hope your doing well.
                                                        Finished up the Grumpys Toys book and its now in the hands of the publisher. Release is due Jan. 2011.
                                                        I did get a hold of Doc Burgess regarding the Black Arrow and his story will be told. He was kind enough to send me an 8 page letter, a few photos and a copy of the original bill of sale. A couple of the photos and a copy of the bill of sale will be in the book. Doc seems quite happy his story will finally be told and the record put straight.
                                                        Thanks for your help early on and feel free to spread the word.
                                                        Oh, and their will be numerous never before published photos of the car in the book.
                                                        Take it easy.

DougJrStk

Hey Dino, how you doing?
                                                        As you may be aware, the Grumpys Toys book is now available for preorder through CarTech and Amazon. If you or anyone else is interested, Amazon does offer the better price. I want to thank you again for your help and to let you know that the web site does get an acknowledgement.
                                                        Ive been given a green light from CarTech to start on the next project which will be a look at the stock movement of the 1960’s. The focus will be on the years 1964 through 1971, which was when the big bad governing body changed the rules and tossed all the cool cars.
                                                        I’m on the look out for anyone who raced a stocker between this time frame as I’d love to hear any interesting stories they may have. Also, I am in need of photos, any year, any make, b/w or color. If you can help out, again it would obviously be much appreciate it and credit will once again be given.
                                                        Thanks for any help you can provide.
                                                        Feel free to pass along my contact info.
                                                        Doug

jrstk@hotmail.comJrStk
                                                        Class Winner

Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:50 pm
                                                        Private messageE-mail

jrstk

Your a Peach Dino 🙂 . Thanks.
                                                            Doug

jrstk@hotmail.com

anonymous

Here’s some good news. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.