Hawthorne Auto Parts

Forums Forums SPEED SHOPS from Dover’s past Hawthorne Auto Parts

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Jungle George STILL at it , and word has it ,he has some great Dover Relics. Somebody get him on the Forum to fill us in !

don-kauer

I did not see this one when I opened a new post………….I am in touch with the family and will get hold of him ………And Chets Auto…….High St. Armonk, N.Y……………………..Lots of us from mid Westchester used George and Chet……..I know the Valentines spent a bunch there…..And so did I………..Don………..George had a maroon 65 Chevelle, Stock or S/S…….any pics out there? ……..Don Kauer…………

dino
            Keymaster

Don ..Like I said..George has Some Goodies…..If you contact Any off these guys …we of course welcome photos BUT always looking for Drag Times issues .Scan And give back. Trying to get more late 60’s and 70’s stuff.

dino
                Keymaster

Stand By for Jungle George’s private Stash of Hawthorne Racing Team Photos…Brian made a hit last week and I just got them .

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

Here’s the Rest of the “team’ …you’ll remember these guys:

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

Here’s a tough one…darn old instamatics…editted as best I could…From Georges’ stash…Looks like Chevelle says ‘Blue Velvet” ? Driver—-?

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster

“From Humble Beginnings’…like most “Speed Shops”of the era …started out with the taped on posters.The Fred’s crew started that way and so did Champion Auto Engineering.None of these shops would have existed,if it wasn’t for Dover ,and the other tracks creating the parts demand. Could this be George’s first racer?. Check out the full window of N.Y. National win decals.

Attachments:

dino
                                Keymaster

Da “King” …only shot George Had…(See Lee Valentine Collection in big ODF Galleries) trivia question…who’s the yellow Camaro ?- Hint’…’Danbury’

Attachments:

dino
                                    Keymaster

Welcome to the Jungle….George lits em up….Also interesting Vega & driver in background-WHO ? and circled ,looks like our evasive Photog….Keith Cyr

Attachments:

spidergearsman

nice photos , the old hawthorne autos crowd , thanks for posting

dino
                                            Keymaster

previous Photo question…Nobody knows the Yellow camaro?

tomatohead
                                                Participant

….. I am just guessin here 🙄 but looks like a question for Lee ……. what do you think dino ❓

dino
                                                    Keymaster

I know who it is…lets see if the ODF’s can get the cobwebs out.

markyac

Aldo and Vito (Savino), Brewster , New York

Mark Yacavone
                                                            Glendale, Az
                                                            markyac@cox.net

dino
                                                            Keymaster

YOU WIN!..the Dover ODF decal with Oak Leaf cluster.Tryed to throw them off …as the A &”W” Texaco car…AND Welcome Aboard with your first post in two years. See -It don’t hurt….all the way from Arizona!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.