Hawthorne Auto Parts

Forums Forums SPEED SHOPS from Dover’s past Hawthorne Auto Parts

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    don-kauer

I remember that Camaro being Orange…………Aldo and Vito…..Byrne Bros. Chevrolet…..Also the Vega in the pic with George was the old Ron Milanese car……….It had B&R Const. Lettered on the doors????????

dino
        Keymaster

Correctomundo Dandy Don…we all ate our Spinache tonight.

dino
            Keymaster

Called Jungle George…who spends his winters in florida and told him to get on here ..HE Did… as of course… ‘junglegeorge’!

340swinger
                Participant

Great photo of Lee & Vito! I went to school with Lee’s brother Kane and went to the track many times with Vito. If you remember there were twin A.V.cars, Vito’s was the original Byrne Bros. Z/28 F/S said “The real thing jr.” on the front fenders. The twin car was a 69 RS 427 SS/DA called “The real thing” owned by Tom Comperlengo,Tom owned a Coke distributorship in Westchester hence the car names.Vito owned a Gulf station in Hawthorne N.Y. on 9A.Tom later sold the big block car and bought the famous Brigg’s Chevrolet LS6 Truppi Kling chevelle,Tom had been a Truppi Kling customer.Aldo worked at Byrne Bros.Chevrolet but wasn’t involved in the ownership of the cars.

spidergearsman

hey , we used tons of in stock parts @ hawthorne auto for a 57 nomad project

spidergearsman

From The Facebook Page

don-kauer

Well it has not changed in the last 35 years 😆

ricky-white
                                Participant

A few years ago late on a Saturday afternoon I needed a couple of the old Mr. Gasket S/B screw in rocket studs. Guess who had them in stock hanging on the wall. I’m guessing the guy in the store was Jungle Georges son.

spidergearsman

yep ..JOEY ..

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.