Hello from Al Clark in Halcottsville, NY

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls Hello from Al Clark in Halcottsville, NY

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    suptclark

I think my last visit to Dover was in 1963 or 64. Lots warm memories. We came there a few times from Brooklyn with the Aurora 7 A/G Willys. After the aurora team fractured, Joe Black along with me and my brother and a few friends campaigned the “Green Hornet” funny car. My present Willys is the number 1 Willys Americar on Car Domain. You can see pics at http://www.cardomain.com/id/willys

dino
        Keymaster

Welcome AL ! Another Dover veteran checks in ! …look out for our Official Greeter -Video Bob …YOU”LL KNOW when he chimes in …WOW ….checked out your Willys 😯 What a Piece ! …need that bad-boy at the Nostalgia Drags .Looking through our massive Galleries now for a Shot of the Aurora 7 .

Attachments:

vbob
            Participant

HEY

Dino,find the fatted calf and get it butchered our Prodigal Son Al has come home !
                Where the hell ya been Al???
                Get the stuff,you know ,the rings for his fingers, a robe, the sandals:

FOR THIS MY SON WAS DEAD AND IS ALIVE AGAIN HE WAS LOST AND IS FOUND!!
                Let the festival begin !!
                Welcome home brother!!
                Greta pics of the Willys !!!
                Get your friends to get onboard the good ship SS DDS ,Join ODF, gotta get some of Dinos tshirts ,stickers and garage art!!

Must have been hiding in the bush north of Arkville for a looong time !

Just head outta Kingston on rt 28 and hang a right on rt 30 to Halcottsville!!!
                Im sure Dino has been there !!!
                Your not far from Island Dragway, October 18th get the boys together!!!Bring the cars!!
                Come to Marcus Dairy for the warmup in September 6th for the 19th annual Dover Drag Strip Reunion AKA the ‘Grandpa Dover and Goober Show’ !!!
                It’s the only way you can get on the BIG DDS video,ya gotta be there or be left out in the dark!!
                That goes out to everyone else,if ya wanna be in that video and there will be only one BIG DDS video ever made this is a one time deal,the greatest gathering of ODF’S!!Ya gotta be there Island Drag Way !!!
                Also ,buy Drag Racer magazine,for the best coverage of our sport.
                With Randy Fish doing everything from the cover to the back page ,he is thee man that never forgets the ‘right coast’ !!
                So,pull up a chair grab a cold one a bag of chips and take a gander at hundreds and hundreds of ole DDS photos in the premium gallery !!
                ‘V’

dino
                Keymaster

that was not a test …that was the real Official Greeter….Al …You’ve been initiated 😀

storm-king

Didn’t the Aroura 7 run a max wedge? Were you guys associated with the Bob Hirsch Dodge?

dino
                        Keymaster

Ta-DA ! Found Another one………………..

Attachments:

suptclark

I am impressed! thanks for the pics. you made me cry. The only pics I have are in old magazines. The Aurora7 was first powered by a 421 Pontiac. GM quit racing in 1963 and Jerry Lanzellotto made the decision to move Mopar power. Joe Black quit the Alpine Pontiac service shop and went to work for Bob Hirsch Dodge. The car ran wedge power for one year. In late 1964 early 1965, we got our first hemi from Al Eskstrand, the LAWMAN. The rest is history.

dino
                                Keymaster

Al…get the Kleenex….just got this from “MG Pat”…”patina ‘ on forum:

Dino
                                    I took these pictures on 6/28/64 they ar at Westhampton not Dover but we are all family. On the back of the one dated Jul 64 I wrote;

“Westhampton 6/28/64 Aurora 7 sponsored by S&S Speed shop won class and beat Dave in eliminator”

Dave is Dave Daly owner and driver of the MG. I went to HS with the guys from S&S Speed, and I would always stop by and see Joe Black and the “7” guys.
                                    ……………Good to see you on the site Al.

Pat 1952 BM/SP MG

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                    Participant

Man ❗ can beleive I missed that WILLYS ❗ I was in Kingston today ❗ ran a tractor trailer load of cemet to the Lowes in Kingston ❗ man I was on RT 28 . 👿 …………………………..next time I will stop by 😀 😀 …..Al you can make Island no problem ❗ ❗ ………………..tomato ❗

patina
                                        Participant

Tomato; WHAT? I don’t understand, what is cemet? did you see a Willys on rt 28? and where will you stop by.

Pat

dino
                                            Keymaster

Pat …Al’s just west of Kingston …guess he’d thought he’d “drop by’ and see ….and never could speel!

bobby-s

Dino,
                                                    Speel 😮 😯
                                                    I hear it now on Oct. 18th,, 😀
                                                    Attention in the pits- :
                                                    please proof read all lettering 😕
                                                    on you car before coming to the lanes 😡 😛 😆 😆 😆

tomatohead
                                                    Participant

pat ….its “concrete” cemet 😆 …in a bag 😀 …ya know the same stuff I throw in the trunk for “ballast” 😆 ……..tomato 😀

dino
                                                        Keymaster

We now return this thread back to Al….now about that Willys….Was it ever a race car?

driverjoebambace

AL ,
                                                                Glad to see some one came up with some pics that you were looking for .I know your helping me I wish that I could help you . Thanks again for all and I think I would like to talk with frankie pinot if I could what do you think ! Give him my info if you would.DOVER DRAG,PHONE , E-MAIL OR FACEBOOK IT’S ALL GOOD!!!!! Hope to hear from you soon.

AL

P.S. Hope your son is doing well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.