Hello from Al Clark in Halcottsville, NY

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls Hello from Al Clark in Halcottsville, NY

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    suptclark

OK! I have been distracted looking through the ODF pics.
        In BC63-2 I found a shot of the Aurora 7 in the original paint with a big 421 on the doors. 421 was the Pontiac engine and a T85 trans using second and high only.
        No! My present Willys was never a race car as far as I know.

dino
        Keymaster

Got it …did a little ‘editting’…can’t do this from the ODF 72 DPI gallery…Took it from Our Photo Disc master. See next shot for the differance

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

Heres original shot …then cropped ….Both directly from the Lo resolution ODF gallery on the site

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

Hey Al …check this out ….Just in :

Hi I have just joined Doverdrag.com never really knew it was here. My name is Joe Black & I am the owner & driver of the Aurora 7 AG wills from S & S speedshop also the American altered wheel base dodge & the green hornet camero funny car & green hornet fire bird & last the green hornet mustang. I was at raceway park over the weekend for the 8th annual funny car reunion. I would love to participate in the dover reunion on Oct 18, but also would love to see pictures of any and all my old cars if you should have any. Please feel free to contact me on my email address joeblackgreenhornet@verizon.net . I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your time.

Hey Joe just registered !….username joeblack …so ya can PM at his profile

dino
                    Keymaster

Marty Schorr..Editor of Cars Magazine dug up this old shot at the Rent-a Car lot on Church Ave. he added:
                        “Willys Gasser with a lot of Brooklyn attitude! Aurora 7 A/Gas Willys owned by Jerry Lanz and driven by Joe “Brooklyn Blackie” Black, had a 426 Hemi from Al Eckstrand’s racecar, Hillborns, TorqueFlite, 4.88 Sure Grip rear, 2,600 lbs, ran 10.50s, 130 mph. I shot this in mid-1960s. Don’t mess with these guys!—”

Attachments:

babycakes
                        Participant

Dino,a while back on the ODF forum,there was a girl named Jennifer (babysilk 23) looking for pictures and info on her father Fank Destasio,who worked on the Aurora ‘7’ Willys with Joe Black.Maybe this photo may help,with one of them being her father,amongst the ‘boys’ gathered round the Willys with it’s winning trophies?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.