Hello from Frank the novaman.

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls Hello from Frank the novaman.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    novaman66
    Participant

I just wanted to say hi to all you Dover Drag Strip folks. I raced at Dover from 1971 to 1973 and had a great time there.I raced a red and black 66 nova 283 ss M/stock and won a lot in that class but moved up to super stock/ J ,but did not do so good there. Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to Dino, Brian and all who helped to make this web site posible, great job guys. Ok ,thats all for now keep up the good work. Frank the novaman66

dino
        Keymaster

Brian just hooked up with New Guy Frank Lucato and got 1000 ft. of Film ! AND WE THINK IT HAS SOUND …from early 70’s. Ran a 66 nova in M/S then SS/J…won 13 0ut 16 times …beat the Mustangs with a 283 4bbl……and “novaman” is our newest ODF MEMBER !

dino
            Keymaster

Got the Film some with sound !…. 😀

novaman66
                Participant
                    quote dinotheweirdo:

Got the Film some with sound !…. 😀

Great I wasn’t sure if it had any sound,too much fumes from the pits. Any Idea when we will get to see any of the films?
                    Frank

dino
                    Keymaster

Frank…takes sometimes 3-4 weeks to get back …All that contribute Film ,get a Free CD of the Conversion ! But in the Meantime…Heres Your car at Dover :

Attachments:

novaman66
                        Participant

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST THANKS

paul-ceasrine

Frank,
                                Those photo’s must be early 73′, before the Chondek Christmas Tree lighting system made
                                its appearance at Dover.
                                Still looking for the M/S stock photo’s of 72′. Did you run in L/S in 71′?

Paul

novaman66
                                Participant

No paul I only ran As dino called it mary stock!!

quote Paul Ceasrine:

Frank,
                                    Those photo’s must be early 73′, before the Chondek Christmas Tree lighting system made
                                    its appearance at Dover.
                                    Still looking for the M/S stock photo’s of 72′. Did you run in L/S in 71′?

Paul

paul-ceasrine

Frank,
                                        If were gonna do it, let’s do it right.
                                        I’ll take literary license, from DINO.
                                        Circa 1972.
                                        Staging Lane 1 A/Stock…Apple Stock
                                        Staging Lane 2 B/Stock…Baby Stock
                                        Staging Lane 3 C/Stock…Charlie Stock
                                        Staging Lane 4 D/Stock…David Stock
                                        Staging Lane 5 E/Stock… Easy Stock
                                        Staging Lane 6 F/Stock… Frankie Stock

Staging Lane 1 G/Stock… George Stock (I’m not sure on this one)
                                        Staging Lane 2 H/Stock… Harry Stock
                                        Staging Lane 3 I/Stock… Izzy Stock
                                        Staging Lane 4 J/Stock… Johnny Stock
                                        Staging Lane 5 K/Stock… Kevin Stock
                                        Staging Lane 6 L/Stock… Larry Stock (Hey “Shadow” Cuda and “Wacky Racer” Dart)

Staging Lane 1 M/Stock… Mary Stock (for 66/67 Chevy Nova’s and 67′ 289 Mustangs)

Does this sound right.

Paul

dino
                                        Keymaster

Now ya got me thinkin here …most ok …I think….IZZY …hmmmm ?
                                            and keep going in the alphabet for Stockers P-(PAPPA)- Q-(QUICK)- R-(ROBERT)-S-(SAM)-T-(TOM)-U(-USUAL)-V-(VICTOR)

paul-ceasrine

Dino,

Don’t forget X/S, with those high-performance version VW’s (1967 models).
                                                I remember how you would crack up our whole family with your German accent, when they went down the track, running 19.00’s. Your description of them racing was worth the price of admission, and some. Priceless stuff. Wish someone had a tape of that.
                                                Also, our buddy Tommy Maglauski ran a white 64′ MG Midget in Y/S, against the low-performance VW’s (Yes they made a low-performance version, pre 67′, I think). Smoked the 1/4 in 19.60’s.
                                                As for I/Stock, I’m not sure. It couldn’t have been Irving/Stock, because I don’t think there
                                                were that many Jewish racers at Dover (OY VE).
                                                Wasn’t Dover 3/4 Italian like everyone else on this planet. FANABLA

Love You, Paulie

novaman66
                                                Participant

Man you guys have a great memory ,they do sound right ,I have to get in touch with my other club members to see if they remember also. But we have the guy who said all that stuff Dino!!!

quote Paul Ceasrine:

Frank,
                                                    Circa 1972.

Staging Lane 1 M/Stock… Mary Stock (for 66/67 Chevy Nova’s and 67′ 289 Mustangs)

Does this sound right.

Paul

novaman66
                                                    Participant

Paul I almost forgot my 73 toyota corolla Y/Stock I ran with the nova in 73 or 74 it was orange and ran 17.40s and I won once with that too.The little buggy had a mini HEMI in it very funny!!!

quote novaman66:

Man you guys have a great memory ,they do sound right ,I have to get in touch with my other club members to see if they remember also. But we have the guy who said all that stuff Dino!!!

quote Paul Ceasrine:

Frank,
                                                        Circa 1972.

Does this sound right.

Paul

paul-ceasrine

Frank,
                                                            Sounds like that orange Toyota Corolla must have been painted Vitamin “C” Hemi orange.
                                                            With the 17.40 ET times, you must have had a radical camshaft, make that half a camshaft
                                                            in the mini-hemi.
                                                            Probably “Lakewood” traction bars too.
                                                            Go Y/Stock, (That’s YODELL/STOCK) Staging Lane too high a number.

paul

novaman66
                                                            Participant

Paul here she is all 120 fire breathing horsepower Baby Hemi!!!!! Like the ansons?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.