Hello from Frank the novaman.

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls Hello from Frank the novaman.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    paul-ceasrine

Frank,

I like the Anson’s, lightweight for those front-end lifts.
        By the way, which one of those cars was the tow car.
        Looks like I see tow-bar tabs on the front bumper of the Toyota 😆

Paul, (Maybe an ANSA exhaust system on the screaming Corolla)

dino
        Keymaster

Better ? …

Attachments:

paul-ceasrine

Dino,

Good job on the enlargement.
                As you can see, Frank has a set of cowl-scoops on the Toyota.
                Now that should have added an additional 5 Horsepower, at 75 MPH.
                Frank probably hit 75 MPH as he went down the shut-down area.

Question, what was the correct designation for I/Stock?
                Bobby S. might know. He ran H/S with the AMC Rebel Machine, then maybe into I/S.

Paul (Any Z/Stock cars out there?)

novaman66
                Participant

Paul the truth was that my wife drove the nova and I was stuck with the toyota ,what a time I had to catch up to her going over the hills to dover,she had no mercy on me smoked the tires all the way up blueberry mountain.She said I want to drive the fast one!!! I had to cool the little Hemi down when I got to the track.My first run was in the 19s.

paul-ceasrine

Frank,
                        Yes the HEMI’S ran much better when cooler, especially in the early-spring and late-fall.
                        OH! The barometric pressure.
                        If you were in the 17.00’s with the Toyota (factory Hemi stocker), that would have put you
                        within range of the record 😀 😀 . Time for a tech inspection and tear down.

Yes! Woman racers, always wanted to drive the fast cars of the family. I bet your wife
                        could out power-shift you too. Probably had no regard for the clutch 😮
                        My father threw my mom behind the wheel of the K/S Barracuda several times, then couldn’t keep her out of the car. All 5′ 2″‘ 110 lbs of her.
                        Nothing was cooler, than watching my mom do burn-outs at the line at Dover, Even could pull off a decent power-shift or two. Couldn’t wait to go to school on Monday, and wait for the
                        teacher to ask me, What did you do this weekend 🙂 🙂

Dino might remember, a classic match race in 1970 or 1971 ❓ My mother in the K/S
                        Barracuda “Shadow” versus Andy Kinash in the 57’ Chevy (yellow) “Superstitous”. Supposedly
                        Andy’s wife Carol has pictures and a tape of the “Big Match Race”. My mother won, sorry about that Chevy fans. I know Storm King will be very happy, and proud of my mom.

Paul

dino
                        Keymaster

“MOM” will be Famous in “the Big Video”….Got It !

paul-ceasrine

DINO,

Thanks for that posting 😀
                                Is “THE BIG VIDEO” available.
                                My parents anniversary was on Friday, the 17th. Married 55 years, and still talk about Dover as it was yesterday. There isn’t a day that goes by, that my mother doesn’t let my father know that he ruined her favorite car, 67′ Barracuda Fastback, 273 4bbl, 4-speed, 3.23 posi
                                sure-grip. She’s still convinced, that Bobby Schlegel instigated my father into bringing it up to Dover one spring day in 1968. Won in J/Stock, the first time out. That was it, my father was hooked. Good-Bye family car 🙄
                                Love to get one of those videos. Where do I send the check.

Dino, Your Fantastic.

Paul

P.S. I wonder if Andy “Superstitous” is mad at my mom.

bobby-s

I resemble that remark 😈
                                    dad had a lot of help,
                                    Andy K, Lou V, me, Jerry D. 😯
                                    and some of the other locals 😮
                                    have mom give and a call (Andy K. superstitous))
                                    that will shake him up for sure 😳

please pass my congrats on to them for 55 yrs
                                    of LOVE & HAPPYNESS 😉
                                    oh oh oh ya and you kids,,,, 😆
                                    (reading to many V-Bob’s stuff)

dino
                                    Keymaster

PAUL…and everyone “Not” in the know…”BIG VIDEO” is in on going production and will hopefully be compleated for Nov-Dec (Christmas) …IT’s a GIANT undertaking to produce a more than hour long documentary.We continually recive new footage that comes in and have some out, not back yet (Almost 7 solid hours of UN-editted raw footage). Will be including interviews ,Achived photos not released , ’09 Reunion -Nostalgia Drags, with our own original Music and plenty of surprises.

paul-ceasrine

DINO,

Thanks, will be watching for the VIDEO.

Bobby S. OK, you only are credited 1/4 for instigating 😛
                                            But you are credited (1) full share, for showing my father the way to Speed Parts Center 😎
                                            Yes, Louie V. and brother Ray V. were involved also, and yes Jerry D and Andy K were all involved.
                                            I think it was some kind of plot 😯
                                            Told my parents you said congratulations. They are doing very well in Southern Pines, NC,
                                            just up the road from Dino. They said Hi, and hope you are doing well. Me too.
                                            Remember Dick Pickwick, in the green 57′ Chevy wagon (Hand-painted!!) Kept all his painting equipment in the back, so much weight, the rear-end nearly dragged on the ground.

Paul

novaman66
                                            Participant

OK OK Paul you got me on the times the little pup only ran in the 18s but i did win the class on the day those pictures were taken the BMW that was runing 1740s did not show that week so I was in.also what clutch,she burned it up.If you see any of the early pictures of the nova it was ss/j first then I had to put a auto in it so she was ss/ja in that picture you see with the corolla. the things we do for our wifes!! 😆 Frank

novaman66
                                                Participant

Dino any chance we can see more teasers ????? ❓

quote dinotheweirdo:

PAUL…and everyone “Not” in the know…”BIG VIDEO” is in on going production and will hopefully be compleated for Nov-Dec (Christmas) …IT’s a GIANT undertaking to produce a more than hour long documentary.We continually recive new footage that comes in and have some out, not back yet (Almost 7 solid hours of UN-editted raw footage). Will be including interviews ,Achived photos not released , ’09 Reunion -Nostalgia Drags, with our own original Music and plenty of surprises.
                                                    dino
                                                    Keymaster

“Got to Know when to hold them”…….. Can’t let ALL the goodies outa the bag……got a lot of stuff out now being converted ….I’ll see when it comes back. Shadow -Mom & Andy Huh ? I’m going to look at that again .

novaman66
                                                        Participant

I understand Dino cant wait to see your great work of art!! 😀

quote dinotheweirdo:

“Got to Know when to hold them”…….. Can’t let ALL the goodies outa the bag……got a lot of stuff out now being converted ….I’ll see when it comes back. Shadow -Mom & Andy Huh ? I’m going to look at that again .
                                                            paul-ceasrine

Frank,

Are you trying to say the Misses turned your Muncie 4-speed into a clutchless LENCO.
                                                                Hopefully she didn’t let loose with any 5000 RPM neutral drops on the line with the TURBO 350,
                                                                or you’d be out there with a Wisk Broom and dust-pan.
                                                                Ok, back to Y/Stock, I’m searching for the 1973 NHRA record, just for a goof.
                                                                Found an article back in early 71′, the M/Stock record was 13.25. Held by a 57′ Chevy BelAir,
                                                                283ci/245HP, 9.5-1 compression, dual-quad engine. Looks like it fit nicely in that class.

Paul

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.