hello

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls hello

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    jimv

wanna intro myself, my name is jim Valentino I was raised in Yonkers NY, went to saunders & Street racerd & raced at dover, islip, national & atco.
        I’m living in Rhode Island now & my daily driver is a “T Bucket”
        jimV

jimv

Heres my T
            jimV

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

Welcome Aboard! any photos of your Race Cars running at Dover?………………….”dino’

1nastyf150

sweet ride…

billy-casey
                        quote jimv:

wanna intro myself, my name is jim Valentino I was raised in Yonkers NY, went to saunders & Street racerd & raced at dover, islip, national & atco.
                        jimV

hello jim; my name is bill casey. i also lived in yonkers and also went to saunders. did alot of street racing on central ave. and the sprainbrook pkwy.
                        we use to meet at twin donuts and carols hamberger stand on central ave.almost every night. when i was in high school my parents thought iwas up in my room doing homework till one night i got caught after midnight.boy was i in trouble. i also live in rhode island now . bill casey

jimv
                            quote Billy Casey:

quote jimv:

jimV

hello jim; my name is bill casey. i also lived in yonkers and also went to saunders. did alot of street racing on central ave. and the sprainbrook pkwy.
                            we use to meet at twin donuts and carols hamberger stand on central ave.almost every night. when i was in high school my parents thought iwas up in my room doing homework till one night i got caught after midnight.boy was i in trouble. i also live in rhode island now . bill casey

bill, your name sounds familiar, I also hung out on central ave alot, dated someone from Sedar(?) lane.I had a red 65 falcon SW & and later lite blue 66 mustang, My father owned “reds gas center” on Tuckahoe rd & saw mill river rd & my uncle owned “guerras auto body” right behind it.It was about 300 ft from “freds speed shop”.
                            I remmeber a guy had a 57 black ford with a 406 in it.
                            What did you drive? Where do you live in RI? I’m off Newport ave in pawtucket.
                            JimV

tomblake
                            Participant

Pretty nice “daily driver” but last I checked on weather up there it was pretty cold and snowing. You must have a good heater. Neat car to get around in but you should be down here in Florida this time of the year. 😀 😀

billy-casey

Hello jimv from Yonkers… I remember your fathers gas station very well , and I remember your father… had the cheepest gas in yonkers … when he 1st opened reg. gas was .19 cents … I knew a few guys the worked in Guara’s auto body … the guy with the 57 ford was a guy from the Homefield area , name was Jim , Mellon head was his nick name , I don’t think he liked that … I used to hang with Fred and Bob Egglof alot [ Fred’s Speed Shop]… I had a shop on the other end of tuckahoe rd. called Casey Engineering … it was on yhe other side of Central Ave in back of the Getty sta. Billy

maso
                                    Participant
                                        quote Billy Casey:

Hello jimv from Yonkers… I remember your fathers gas station very well , and I remember your father… had the cheepest gas in yonkers … when he 1st opened reg. gas was .19 cents … I knew a few guys the worked in Guara’s auto body … the guy with the 57 ford was a guy from the Homefield area , name was Jim , Mellon head was his nick name , I don’t think he liked that … I used to hang with Fred and Bob Egglof alot [ Fred’s Speed Shop]… I had a shop on the other end of tuckahoe rd. called Casey Engineering … it was on yhe other side of Central Ave in back of the Getty sta. Billy

Attn: Billy Casey…

Jim was good friends with “Tinny” Vistano. You remember Tinny.

maso
                                        Participant

quote JimV:

Here’s a picture for way, way back week!! Its My grandfather , My cousin Bobby in the center & me on the left at Dover dragstrip about 1962(?) Check out my White Bucks & Bobbys hiwaters!!lol
                                            bobrizzi
                                                quote Billy Casey:

quote jimv:

jimV

I know this is an old post but I am new here.BILLY CASEY A STREET A RACER ? In 1970 I got out of the Navy and went back to street racing with my 68′ Chevelle for some spending money.One time the “PURSE” was around $1,000.00 when I heard this I went to Billy and said you drive…. Well when word got out that Billy was on the street the Sprain was shut down for about a 1/2 mile. Car after car lined up in the service lane just to get a glimpse of the legend from Yonkers,N.Y. “WILD BILL CASEY” When it was over all us guys from Yonkers had beer money for about a week !!

don-kauer

Did Casey have his dress on or was he wearing pant that night………………..

bobrizzi
                                                        quote donkauer:

Did Casey have his dress on or was he wearing pant that night………………..

Don,I am getting kicks out of this already.Sounds like you got the hots for Billy……Maybe you do not remember me we met a couple of times many moons ago (a figure of speech nothing else…) I ran a green 68′ 427 Chevelle (http://www.rizzisautoparts.com) Mr. Pony Express,I used to work in the Post Office and when Ray Ronski lettered the car he came up with the name.To this day I call him up every couple of months just to drive him off the wall.If you speak to Billy give him my best . “Rizzi”

Attachments:

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Jim V …Jump in Here !

bobrizzi
                                                                quote dinotheweirdo:

Jim V …Jump in Here !

I do not know how you guys do this computor magic but I am going to call Ray Ronski and let him check it out. If he finds out this picture is here and I did not tell him he will come to my house and I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SIT DOWN FOR A WEEK !!!! (He told me last month he has a copyright on this picture….)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.