HOW WE TRACK DOWN OLD RACE CARS

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR HOW WE TRACK DOWN OLD RACE CARS

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

HOW WE (And You) Can TRACK DOWN OLD RACE CARS
        ….I google Everything and also use http://www.whitepages.com to find people. works most of time. When all else fails POST here and everybody gets on the case . Best to know Who owned-drove …correct spelling important. Need: make -yr-class -when raced -sponsors- color-was it lettered. Photos Tell a lot.
        IF YOU HEAR or FIND one…try to track down currnet owner -name- phone number -E-mail. TAKE PHOTOS …If you can’t follow-up … -post and maybe someone else can——————> In The Northeast …Brian M. our track Historian LOVES to follow-up on this stuff. He has found incredible cars -relics -even people. His user name on forum: dover1320 To Contact Him Or ANY one : go to ‘members” ,click on it, find them alphabetically …click on their user name ( also Works where-ever you see user names) That takes you to their Profile page …where you can E-mail Or “PM” -private message them.

jason-68-l78

Dino I have tried everything you have mentioned above. I know all the owners of my car back to 1978 time frame. My car wasn’t a drag car that I know of. (It wasn’t all lettered up,no cage or tubed). So maybe it was street raced or even stretched its legs a couple of times at Dover. Possibly sold new from Mid Hudson chevrolet? It was last in Pleasent Vally NY around the 1977-78 time frame? I would be willing to pay someone if they wanted to dig up some more information on my car if they are from that area? MY car is a 1968 Nova SS 396 375hp 4 speed car, green exterior with gold bucket seat interior and a black vinyl top. Very rare interior and exterior color combination. This is what it looks like after the restoration I did. Any info feel free to call my cell 518-301-1486.

Jason

captiainchaos

:Dino;
                i still have my black 1962 corvette that ran at dover from 1966 to 1969. will send to you & Brian.
                kenny menz newtown, ct
                e-mail kmenz@cranaelectric.com

dino
                Keymaster

Send the car ? 😆

super-sport-pete

i just ran into the guy i sold my 67 SS 396 chevelle to. haven’t seen him in 25 years.he was at LVD on 7/9 and saw “our” old car. it has some features that he saw PLUS, HE said a DOVER win sticker! the owner wasn’t there when he looked at it.i sold it to him 30 years ago. i put it together in 1972,so its been “raced” for close to 40 years. i also heard it was raced on the street.i hope to see it at the track, maybe soon.

mikey

I wish I could find one of my 66 Chevelle’s. The last I new, it was in Reading, Connecticut. Guy by the name of Dave Johnson had the car. My first good /MP car. Last I heard, he was still racing it sometimes, but that was several years ago. I have since lost track of him, and the car. …………….Mikey 🙁 😆

babycakes
                            Participant

I’m with you Mikey,wish I knew where my Willys went to after it was sold in late ’64’ to a guy in Pa.I was taking advanced infantry training at that time,and me and my partner,sadly,had to part company with it.It probably wound up in a ‘bone’ yard,or perhaps survived,and maybe a ‘neat’ street rod.Boy,S/S Pete is ‘very’ lucky to find his old ‘hot rod’! Wish I had some of that luck finding our old Willys.

patina
                                Participant

Anybody recognize this car? Its on HAMB under New England Dragway in Epping. Got photos? Someone said “The Anglia bodied dragster… Is the A&B Speed Shop B/C. These picture look to be from Sanford 1963. In 1964 they built their Loghee chassis A/FD, that put many AA/FD on the trailer. They won thier class in 65 at the Nationals.”

I know where a body just like this one is. Could it be 😮 😮 😮

Pat

patina
                                    Participant

Here

Attachments:

dino
                                        Keymaster

‘You Can Get Anything You Want at ODF Restaurant”….Sorry Arlo:
                                            Bill Cullen Collection IN ODF GALLERIES…Also long shot from Tower in Hibbert Collection.Both ’63

Attachments:

patina
                                            Participant

I’m 87-3/4% sure I know where this body is 😮 😮 😮 Maybe brother Mike can be talked into putting the body on his dragster 😎 😎 😎 . I’ll go looking Monday and will report back.

Pat

babycakes
                                                Participant

As a ‘gasser’ nut,I hated to see that Anglia body ‘mutilated’.But I’m the one who’s being selfish.Different ‘strokes’ for different ‘folks’,like they say! Yes Pat,could be a ‘diamond’ in the ‘rough’ I guess!

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Real close …but not the same as original…Wheel well cut too low …original went through that body line and is close to window.Most ofthe hard work done -Chopped and ready for media blast .

mikey

Dino, that could be the car!! If you look close, especially in the last picture, the car does have 2 wheel well openings, and the one in front goes to, and through the body line. Look at it again, tell me what you think. …………..Mikey 😆

john-sachs-sr
                                                            Participant

Bottom picture looks right.
                                                                Top picture………..butchered body. 😥 Damn shame. 😮
                                                                John

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.