HOW WE TRACK DOWN OLD RACE CARS

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR HOW WE TRACK DOWN OLD RACE CARS

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    patina
    Participant
        quote dinotheweirdo:

Real close …but not the same as original…Wheel well cut too low …original went through that body line and is close to window.Most ofthe hard work done -Chopped and ready for media blast .

Dino I agree wheel opening goes through body line and almost to the window 😕 But how many of these things could have been built. The guy has a magazine with the car in it but can’t find it right now 😕 I did put an offer in on it and the guy took my number. He was up at the 3rd at the Valley.

Pat

bossguy

So dija buy it Pat? I had the Mustang out yesterday and drove by your house, I didn’t realize Rhinebeck Ford was screwing up 9G with their car show. I came back down Rt9

don-kauer
                quote patina:

What do you think ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓

Pat

Het Pat………….I think that is Tomatoheads Garden 😆 😆 😆

patina
                Participant

Certainly is buried in and around a lot of s#%t. Might be a wacky weed there but no tomato’s. Bossman I’m waiting for the owner to get back to me, he said he would. You know him I just don’t want to put names on the net and have people bother him. Call me if you want to know.

Pat

super-sport-pete

WOW! another pebble beach canidate.they like them this way now. good find pat! i looked at the a+b car , this is what i saw. firewall notched for mag. big slot on left for steering rod. on the one pat found , it is blue. that looks like a delco-remy voltage regulator for a GENERATOR. the wheel wells have been cut similar ,but smaller radius. if they were “put back” on this car,there should be some signs of the bodywork to add the extra metal. good luck in the deal.

bobby-s

found this picture in cyber space,

Attachments:

mikey

Very cool, Pat. Good luck with the project. …..Mikey 😆

bossguy

I KNOW you snuck that in the garage while your wife was at the store 😆 😆 😆

patina
                                    Participant

Good night Pat 😆 That picture of the complete car was taken in front of Tom Dressel Unlimited on Rte. 9G in Hyde Park NY it’s the only one they had.

Pat

babycakes
                                        Participant

As they say Pat,”a ‘diamond’ in the rough”.An ‘ambitious’ project for both you,and brother Mike.Good luck taking on this challenge!!!

babycakes
                                            Participant

Just curious; any updates on the restoration ‘project’, on Al Deangele’s ole ‘Mystery Willys’ ? It’s been a while. I know for a while there,it was up for sale, wasn’t it?

patina
                                                Participant

Pete mystery Willys never sold and the people in Maine that own it restored it to a street rod. The body is finished and are putting body back on chassis. Go on HAMB for the latest pictures. Re: 1937 to 1942 Willys Picture Thread, thread #3926 I think

P

babycakes
                                                    Participant

Thanks Pat for the updated info on the ‘Mystery Willys’ status. I reviewed it on H.A.M.B , and it’s come a ‘long way baby’, and looking GOOD!!! That was one ruff piece to start off with,to say the least! And hey,the same goes for brother Mike’s ‘project, it looks TERRIFIC!!!! Congratulations to Mike and you! No doubt I’ll catch up with ya once again at Rhinebeck next month.

340swinger
                                                        Participant

Anybody remember “Bob Johnson” , he was popular at U.S. 13 Dragway, Delmar Delaware. I remember a blue 69 Camaro stocker with the same
                                                            Bob Johnson on the doors, never saw him at Dover though. Bob Hoffman

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/old-drag-car-1957-ford-312-dual-4-bbl-paxton-supercharger.1015868/

frank-j-majauskas
                                                            Participant

Found this picture on the CT Dragway Memories Facebook page. I know that I’ve seen
                                                                Bob Johnson Racing on the rear quarters of quite a few race cars. Moe Delage had Bob
                                                                Johnson on the rear quarter of his 69 Camaro.

Frank… 😎

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.