ISLAND DRAGWAY SAYS YES !

Forums Forums NOSTALGIA DRAGS 1st.DOVER DRAG STRIP NOSTALGIA DRAGS- 2009 ISLAND DRAGWAY SAYS YES !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

ISLAND DRAGWAY INTERESTED ! just talked TONY… he called me !…His daughter can coordinate with “Our Leader” of TEAM. He can run the rules, classes & trophys ,etc. LIKE his Nostalgia weekend of June 28….4 ET brackets no electronics …maybe Front motor Dragster class , Open Body class.(check Goodguys,Hamb,& HotRod Reunion Rules) He likes ‘the old stuff! current NHRA Safety rules apply (No beer-keg gas tanks)…he’s done this before …Do It in the FALL (time to build !) on a “Test-nTune” weekend as to not conflict with NETO, EastCoast Gassers, Super Stock Group schedules . He Said “Lets have some fun” . http://www.islanddragway.com

tomatohead
        Participant

This is a copy of the e mail I sent Tony last nite ………….hope you didnt mind him calling you Dino ……………….Tomato From: Lisa DiNardo (fastfords@optonline.net) Sent: Monday , January 19, 2009 8:51 PM To: tonyd@islanddragway.com ………..Tony my name is Joe DiNardo Jr. I live in stormville NY I have raced at your track since 1997 the first time I when there I runnered up in trophy modified and got a trophy and 10 dollars I still have both. Then I raced there again and won the PRO Class Ford Day 2002 still have the winning money in a protiat as a trophy Thanks ! Anyway I first raced at Dover Drag Strip in Wingdale in 1975 and 1976 and then it closed. The track announcer from 1965-1972 Dean “Dino” Lawrence has a new website http://www.doverdragstrip,com if you want to chack it out ,there is a topic “1st Annual Dover Drag Strip Nostalgia Drags” and there is a bunch of guys, me incluced that wanted to have a “Dover Meet” and more then one person thought that Island is more like “Home” to us.What would you say to all of this? is it something you would be interested in or is it to much pain in the A#S. you would knowbecuase you run these things. I dont know anything about the bussiness end end of it.I know you are to make money do you think something like this would be worth it money wise?If you check out the website and the forum you can see there are plently of people who want to go to it if it happens from NY CT RI and even NJ and someothers ,dont know what else to say to you .but you know how to set these up if you wanted to. Anyway Dino could much better fill you in on all of this IF you are interested his number is Dinos Custom Paintworks 910 997 4444 ……………………………………….Thanks Joe

masracingtd1167
            Participant

Ok sounds good do you guy’s want it to be only Dover only racers or make it an open nostalga race .We need some input.Tomato I will help you as much as I can.I still think we should have it in Video Bob’s driveway or maybe his attic.

vbob
                Participant

Hey

I got no room in the driveway for that dragster to turn around !!LOL!!
                    I do have a couple “Trophy Queens ” from the attic to hand out trophy to the winners!!
                    Ahhh, maybe Dino wanted to be a trophy queen ????

lets get going on this race guys!!!

‘V’

tomatohead
                    Participant

Mas , ………I dont need any “help” we all need it . It sounds like you know you want to race and I know I want to race ,and I also think HVY70SS wants to race, what about everybody else ❓ ❓ Come on you guys ❗ ❗ I hope your faster on the lights ❗ ❗ in the forums Dino started it said we need a “track” looks like its going to be Island since Tony says “Lets Have Some Fun!” and Dino said we need a date and Tony said like in the fall ,OK and Dino said we need classes ans rules and Tony said like 4 et classes “NO electronics” and thats fine with me I never had a trans brake or delay box and I dont think they used them at Dover ❗ So now everybody knows that me and you are “Current Racers” and Dino is the announcer and Tony will be in charge of the track …..SO IT LOOKS LIKE WE NEED AN EVENT PLANNER ❗ ❗ ❗ does anyone think there can coordinate with Tonys dauther on this event ❓ ❓ ( shes also a drag racer too I seen her take out my cousin in the second round once !!)……….so come on guys Mas is the only guy to reply to this post in TWO DAYS ❗ anyway I said in the other post ( Lets make this happen ) I was working on my car so when this happens I will be there , will YOU ❓ thats what this forum is for ,come on lets hear what EVERYBODYS IDEA IS ❗ it will be fall before you know it ❗ so lets get together on this somehow and start a list so we can get something together like how many want to race ❓ is it 3 guys ❓ or is it 25 guys ❓ or is it 50 guys ❓ or a 100 guys ❓ ………this is the HELP WE ALL NEED ❗ …… tomato ❗ Dino say something to these guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

masracingtd1167
                        Participant

Tomato, Video Bob Brian and anyone else interested we need to get together to talk about this how about this Sunday . We could meet somewere?

hvy70ss
                            Participant

Mas…how bout Fishkill NY? Restaurant or diner?

Bob Smith

tomatohead
                                Participant

HVY70SS …… I dont know where Mas has to come from ❓ ,Brian is in Kingston I tihnk and I am not sure who else could make it but Fishkill NY is good with me 😀 at the Route 84 Diner exit 12 or ifs its better from some of the Conn. guys the Windmill Diner in Danbury CT Millplain Rd exit 2 is good also 😀 …………………..what does anybody think ❓ there only about 15-20 miles apart , again come on guys ……….this doesnt have to be a “First Date” 😆 …………..we already know each other ❗ 😆 ………………………………………tomato

masracingtd1167
                                    Participant

Either one is good for me you guy’s decide and let me know any time would be good for me.

cullyflower

I cant make it to the meeting this weekend. I would advise that we should contact Tony at Island and ask what he is
                                            thinking that the size of this event should be. Also if it is open to every nostalgia car out there we could run the ODF
                                            Eliminator for the cars of forum members and let the others run the four brackets. Could this be a two day event?
                                            Do we want to hire in some fuuny cars or run a funny car class? As for the date Geezers at the grove is 9-11-12-13.
                                            I dont see a lot of other dates for events showing up now.

tomatohead
                                            Participant

Thank God for us “vegatable” guys cully thats just the input we are looking for 😀 HVY70SS had sent me an e mail and I said to HVY70SS the same thing ,that we need to find out how many ❓ and check with Tony or his Dauther on the date all we have to do is e mail him ,cuase you know he checks his e mail ,I mean he called Dino almost right after I e mailed him,and he even e mailed me back saying he contacted Dino on the phone ❗ All anybody has to do is go to Island Dragways website and click the e mail link and your in ❗ ……….HVY70SS back me up on this stuff will ya ❗ …………………………..OK its late almost 10pm I have to run a load of cemet to Brookyln tomorrow so I would like to say PLEASE go and check in and say you want to race ….otherwise its just going to be me and HVY70SS ,mas,cully and Pual ,that Willys is just what the doctor ordered for this Show ❗ I know if I contact Clem LaChance( Mad FrenchMan) 70 maverick and Pat Moule 69 Camaro and I know a couple others that raced at Dover who STILL have cars ready ❗ will go too ………….tomato

cullyflower

I am in south jersey across the river from Wilmington, Del.

jlk-racing

I think it’s a great idea and I’m sure I can get Smokey and Grover to go.I loved to run against some of the ODF’s .

vbob
                                                        Participant

Hey

Jim, get those Henry J’s out there ,Grovers mopar etc.!!

‘V’

jlk-racing

V Bob,
                                                                I’ll be running my Buick its set up for racing my Henry J is just a show car it wouldn’t meet NHRA sanctions.
                                                                Jim

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.