ISLAND DRAGWAY SAYS YES !

Forums Forums NOSTALGIA DRAGS 1st.DOVER DRAG STRIP NOSTALGIA DRAGS- 2009 ISLAND DRAGWAY SAYS YES !

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    dover1320

Hey Brian here was up did you guys meet at the dinner I got in on this one late let me know were your at. I can get some more guys that will go all pre 76

tomatohead
        Participant

Dover 1320 ,I e mailed HVY70SS friday or saturday and gave him my number and e mail address ,but havent heard from him yet ❓ I think he sent another e mail to island to find out what info Tonys dauther needed …..I think ❓ I guess from the posts weve had it looks like that the “Race” will be in the fall as Tony suggested in the forum reply /phome call Dino got, I think thats were we are on this ❓ So can you get those guys to post on the “Dover Race Team – Check-in” this way that post will contiue to “grow” ………HVY70SS send – e mail us Brian and me your phone number and well call you check your email I sent you my munber the other day , dont know if you got it ❓ ……………tomato

Attachments:

hvy70ss
            Participant

Hey Tomato,
                I tried your # 3 times Sat/Sun and each time it was busy…..I’ll try agan tomorrow (Monday). I work shift work so my hours are nuts!! I actually have Brian’s # from meeting him at our Bear Mountain car show. I’ll be calling him too. So far about 6 or 8 confirmed racers for the event!!

Bob Smith

tomatohead
                Participant

OK talked to HVY70SS today 😀 and we are in the pocess of nailing down the date of the “Dover Race” at Island right now ❗ just waiting to hear back from them ,and then we will pass it on to all you guys who CAN WAIT TO RACE 😀 ❗ ❗ …………..so keep on checking in at the race post “DINO” started so we can keep it growing ,……………………………………………you know like tomatoes on the FARM 😆 😆 ❗ ❗

bobby-s

Mr. T 😮
                        FYI here are the date for NETO at Island
                        May 3,
                        June 28,
                        Sept. 13,

not sure what dates are Tony’s Nostalgia events
                        again FYI

bobby s.

hvy70ss
                        Participant

DOVER NOSTAGIA DRAGS UPDATE 1/27/09:

1.Island Dragway HAS been confirmed.
                            2. I have at least 10 confirmed entries.
                            3. Static displays (car shows) permitted.
                            4. NO limit or cutoff on entries (all run) per Island.
                            5. Actual date pending.

Please send any questions or suggestions or new entries to me personally by email. It makes it easier if it all comes to one source. I will get back to you ASAP. Lets make this a great event!!

Bob Smith
                            bsmith4@hvc.rr.com

NOW WE’RE COOKIN ……edit dino 😉

dino
                            Keymaster

Thanks BOB …Looks like you guys have an Event coordinator ..Now HELP HIM OUT ! MORE CARS ! Bobby S and Bobby S. “Could make quite a team here …if ya can figr who’s who’ …speakin of Bobs…we have another one 😯 Bob Whalen…jeesh !

bobby-s

NO Problem 😆
                                    BOBBY S.- Bobby Schlegel
                                    BOB S.- Bob Smith
                                    BOB Whalen- he has Lil Old Wine Maker sedan.
                                    BOB V – EVERYONE know him

I figured this out after snow plowing 7.5 hrs in this
                                    Global Warming condition, with Ice & Sleet starting now,

Dino :ugeek: only had snow for 2 days,, 🙄
                                    😆 😆 😆 😆

lunch hr done
                                    later gang

jlk-racing

Sept. 13 would be the best date that way I could definatly get Smokey & Grover to attend and I think I can actually talk Smokey into running down the strip once or twice.

vbob
                                        Participant

Hey

Jim,that date is a NETO race at ISLAND!!

‘V’

jlk-racing

Hey Bob,
                                                Who came up with the dates that were listed? I’m sure we could make another date if it isn’t a Saturday.
                                                Jim

vbob
                                                Participant

Hey
                                                    NETO 2009 race schedule:
                                                    May 3rd Island
                                                    17 The Valley
                                                    30 Numidia
                                                    June 27 Sky view
                                                    28 Island
                                                    July 11 and 12 Beaver Springs
                                                    August 15 and 16 Beaver Springs
                                                    Sept 11 and 12 Maple Grove
                                                    13 Island
                                                    27 The Valley
                                                    Oct 10 Atco
                                                    ‘V’

bobby-s

V bob
                                                        I listed some of the NETO date before on another forum,
                                                        the dates for NETO are worked out by club
                                                        Pres. Tony feil, he starts working on the dates right after our annual banquet (november)
                                                        takes a while for the tracks to release dates because of NHRA/IHRA races (points, opens or nationals)
                                                        some tracks wait to see if specality (mpoars, ‘stangs,’vettes etc) clubs are coming back again.

http://www.neto-nostalgia.com

hope this answers the making of the list

Bobby S.

dover1320

There will be an offical run unlike the last pass at Dover with the Goat and the 55 chev. Running B/MP CLASS heads up . Hey Dino get my kill sticker ready!

tomatohead
                                                            Participant

Hey Brian are the Goat and the 55 chev both 4 speeds ❓ ❓ ……..who gets to race the winner ❓ ❓ ……..my 64 Fairlane has a 4 speed ……………………………………….tomato 😀

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.