Kevin Dunn Passed

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Kevin Dunn Passed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    cyv

It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I tell you my good friend and a lot of yours as well, Kevin Dunn, passed away today after battling cancer. I don’t have any information on services, or who may be handling them, but when I do, i will post it here.

I will miss him very much.

Cy Virgulto

bill-tyler

Cy,
            Kevin was my uncle and my brother Dan is handling the arrangements, I will post the arrangement info as it becomes available. Kevin always spoke highly of you and was always glad to see his old Willy’s in good hands! Some of my favorite memories as a kid were at Dover with Kevin.
            Bill Tyler

dino
            Keymaster

We’re All taken away with this surprise News….A True Dover ‘Original” and more than that ….a Great Guy.Was at our First Nostalgia Drags with his Pick-up…FIRST in line at the tech gate.Even without a computer,he stayed in touch with everybody and contributed a lot to this site…Missed greatly…..Here’s a shot of Him and Cy in 2009. Rest in peace my friend.

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

When Kevin ran it

Attachments:

don-kauer

So very sorry about Kevin…I got to spend some time with him in recent years…Great guy…My sympathies to the family…Billy just thought that Kevin was awesome and I got to know him through The Speed Man……R.I.P. to you my friend Kevin Dunn……… 😥 ….Don Kauer….

dino
                        Keymaster

1969 Dover

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                            Participant

I can’t believe that we lost another great racer and friend. Myself like Don, got to
                                know Kevin in the last few years. I had the pleasure of having lunch with him, V-Bob,
                                Billy “Speed” Casey and John Shimer. I think that lunch was about 3 hrs. long. I could
                                listen to his stories for hours. It seemed like he knew everyone. Here’s a picture of
                                Kevin with the “Speed” Man at the Westerly Yacht Club and another one of me with Kevin’s
                                32 coupe. My thoughts and prayers are with Kevin’s family. R.I.P my friend….You will
                                be dearly missed by all…..

Frank….

Attachments:

babycakes
                                Participant

Wow! What a ‘shocker’! Gotta call from V Bob last night of the passing of Kevin.This is devastating to here another ‘great’ loss yet to another Dover Dragstrip legend,Kevin Dunn.Kevin (like me) always a ‘Willys’ gasser nut,both he and I go back to the early ’60’s,each running B/G Willys coupes,and he continued building Willys pickups and cars for either the strip,or street ( very talented skills,and workmanship). At the 2nd Dover Reunion at Marcus,I thank V Bob for connecting us two together,and ever since,every year there after,was a memorable pleasure to meet with him and talk ‘ole’ times who we competed against,ect. Last I spoke to him,was in late March; he called me and we chewed the fat for 45 minutes,he was looking forward to the Dover 4 at the Valley.Kevin Dunn,I’m gonna miss you big time my friend,as many others who had the privilege and honor to know you! May you rest in peace…..Pete.

vbob
                                    Participant

It was a pleasure to have known Kevin Dunn!
                                        To be here at the same time as Kevin,I thank you dear LORD for this and my you bless and keep Kevin for ever so close to you.AMEN!
                                        Bob

Attachments:

cyv
                                            quote Bill Tyler:

Cy,
                                            Kevin was my uncle and my brother Dan is handling the arrangements, I will post the arrangement info as it becomes available. Kevin always spoke highly of you and was always glad to see his old Willy’s in good hands! Some of my favorite memories as a kid were at Dover with Kevin.
                                            Bill Tyler

Bill,

I PM’d you but it’s stuck in my outbox for some reason. 203-427-5124 if you need anything. I can’t tell you how much i am going to miss him.

Cy

bill-tyler

Here’s the information I have received so far:
                                                Calling hours for Kevin are Sunday 06/17/2012 from 2-6:
                                                Edward Lawrence Funeral Home
                                                2119 Boston Post Road
                                                Darien, Connecticut, 06820
                                                (203) 655-6127
                                                His funeral service will be held at 10:00 Monday 06/18/2012:
                                                St John’s Church
                                                1986 Post Rd
                                                Darien, CT. 06820

http://www.lawrencefuneralhome.com/_mgxroot/page_10749.php

babycakes
                                                Participant

Thank you Bill for letting us know the arrangements; a farewell to a ‘good’ friend,who dearly will be missed.May he rest in peace.

fastlane

i heard the news yesterday the he was also fire chief in 1973 and 1974 in darien i believe here in ct too i remember doing my paper route as a young kid and climbing up on the trailer to look inside the willys when it was parked on seaside ave here in stamford ct right next to sylvan knoll road where i grew up . R.I.P. big kevin dunn 🙁 and now its off to hot rod heaven and that big 1/4 mile in the sky 🙂

vbob
                                                        Participant

The passing of Kevin Dunn in the Darien,Ct. Newspaper!

http://www.darientimes.com/news/darien-features/obituaries.html ‘V’

dino
                                                            Keymaster

A message from Donna Casey:

I am so sad to hear of the passing of Kevin Dunn….my heart is heavy with the loss of another friend. My only consolation is that he is with my Bill now talking cars and old times, I view the Dover website every now and then and there is not a stronger friendship than the one that has bonded you all together, your love of cars and racing, which is very special. My prayers are with all of you and Kevin’s family. Stay strong and stay close….love you all!!!!

Donna

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.