Located My Old Race Car

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR Located My Old Race Car

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    ricky-white
    Participant

I located my old car back around 2000. Believe the owners first name is Dave last name is Valentine, I had sold the car to his older brother some where in the late 70’s with out a motor. Heres a early 70’s picture at Dover and a picture of me sitting in the car around 2000.

Attachments:

ricky-white
        Participant

Me back in the drivers seat around 2000

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

Do you still Have it !…Was “Dave” a relative to Lee or Daddy Tom.

ricky-white
                Participant

I don’t have the car, last I knew Dave still had it. I think it was Scott Valentine I sold the car to. They were from Thornwood NY. I don’t knew if they were related to Lee. I may had the names reversed as I suffer from CMS. (Can’t Remember S–t)

dino
                    Keymaster

Scott yes. worked as on the road salesman for Brake co. out of Newburgh. Lee says no relation, but was from Pleasantville ,he thinks.

jason-68-l78
                            quote Clustergear:

I located my old car back around 2000. Believe the owners first name is Dave last name is Valentine, I had sold the car to his older brother some where in the late 70’s with out a motor. Heres a early 70’s picture at Dover and a picture of me sitting in the car around 2000.

Do you remember a green 68 L78 Nova in that area in the late 1970’s????

Jason

dino
                            Keymaster

Jason !…Thats like saying “Do you rememember the ‘Red Camaro'” 😉 …Unless the L78 was SO rare …everybody could relate…Lettered? Ran what class ?

jason-68-l78

Dino just trying to relate to a fellow Nova owner from back in the day. Looking for information On my rare limited production built 1968 nova SS with the 375hp motor option. First year for the BB nova! We have talked about it before it wasn’t lettered up maybe street raced or just showed up a Dover to stretch its legs? Always looking for leads on my car. It is a needle in a have stack I know but you just never know?

Jason

dino
                                    Keymaster

Never know…New guy could come on at any time and Solve the mystery…it’s happened before…Check out the Scuncio Forums at:
                                        http://www.detroithorsepower.com/forum/index.php?board=27.0

And I put the search out on another forum too.

dino
                                        Keymaster

just saw this at M&M Speed Forum:
                                            Dino:
                                            We have a member who collects Nova’s. He was at the Dover Car Show in Conn in ’09. and was going to the last years Race but something happen and he didn’t make it. Has M&M stickers on the 1/4 windows. I think the picture of me & cousin Tony has his car in background. Tony knows him I’ll ask or PM him (Tony Serino).
                                            Rich mandm

jason-68-l78

Dino thanks he is a good friend of mine his name is Tom Williams.

mikey

I did not realize that the 68 Nova with the 375 hp 396 was a rare car. I had two friends who purchased those cars when I was a junior in high school. Both were dark green, no vinyl roof, one had buckets, the other had a bench seat. They were bought from Shaw Motors in Beacon, N.Y. One was purchased by John Wilkins, and the other by Charlie something, can’t remember his last name. Lived in Cold Spring, N.Y. Oh, both were 4spd cars, and both had the posi w/4:10 gears. John ran his at DDS a few times, but Charlie just cruised and street raced his. …………………Mikey 😆

jason-68-l78

Mickey thanks for replying. In my eyes 68 396 nova’s are rare and let me tell you why. They were an end of year production run from late April to Mid July of 1968. GM only built 901 1968 Novas, 234 were 350 hp cars. The other 667 were 375hp cars and of these cars 50 where Fred Gibb COPO cars specially ordered with the turbo 400 transmission to race in the stock classs. So that makes my car one of the 617 cars with the 375hp option. If you divide that by 52 states that is roughly 12 cars per state I would consider that rare. I don’t think it happened that way but just to put into perspective how rare these cars are. In 1969 gm built like 3,000 #375 HP cars in the nova and 1970 I know it was more than 5,000.
                                                        Now back to your reply both cars where dark green like mine with no vinyl top? Are you sure about that? Are you sure they where 1968 nova’s? MY car is originally dark green known as sequioa green and gold bucket seat interior, black vinyl top,console, 6000 redline tach, disk brakes, and tinted glass. Did the bucket seat car have gold interior? 4:10 gear ratio was common for these cars, the stock ratio was 3:55 but only in 1968 you could get 4:88 in a production car. John Wilkins rings a bell? I may have tried to locate him before and it was a 69 nova but I don’t remeber. Shaw motors in Beacon NY did they sell alot of muscle cars back then? I never heard of this dealer? Now since these cars wher built late in 1968 April to July when you were in your junior year they must of bought them in May or June of 1968 correct? My car was actualy the 4th car in sequence on the production line May 31 1968 ( I have the build sheet) so my car would of made it to a dealer some time in June. Oh did the cars you are talking about have the Super sport script emblem on the lower fenders like the picture below that was 1968 Nova only.Thanks for the leads I will persue them.

This is what the car looks like it may not had the ralley wheels on it. I restored the car from 2004-2006.

Jason

vbob
                                                        Participant

HEY

A buddie in Ct. has the same color ,engine combo. but in a Camaro!Fully restored ,even has tow bar tabs under the front bumper!
                                                            Better not let Speed Casey anywhere near those rear wheel wells!!!
                                                            ‘V’

jason-68-l78

That is cool! This is a 1968 only color and with the gold interior makes it a little different. I only know of a couple of camaros and a hand full of 1968 novas with this color combination. My car is the only 1968 nova with the black vinyl top, gold bucket seats,console gauge package, that I know of! Not to mention the 375hp motor option. This color combination was used a lot on fulll size cars.

Jason

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.