Looking For ’11th Comandment" ’65 Plymouth

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR Looking For ’11th Comandment" ’65 Plymouth

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Got this request today:

DINO,
        Driver joe bambace is my name on Forum… JOE BAMBACE was my dad, he was looking for his old 64/65 plymouth belvedere called the 11TH COMMANDMENT missing since 67/68. He was looking for it and passed away MARCH 25TH 09 And I was trying to help him , since I was as interested in it as he was. And before he died I made him a promise to try and find it! DENNIS DOUBLEDAY is trying to lead me down some roads and that is how I got to DDS.com.
        thanks, Al Bambace

……………Here It is (Cullen’65 Collection-ODF Galleries !)…Need More info…Town, State…Sold To ?

Attachments:

driverjoebambace
            driverjoebambace

I don’t really have to much information . This car was bought in good old BROOKLYN N.Y. Raced as stock till 1966 and converted to a funnycar with altered wheel base by SID FRANK of SIDS AUTOMOTIVE BROOKLYN N.Y.SID had a car called “PANIC” who he later teamed up with JOEL KIMMERMAN (aka joel kim).
                In 1966 my dad got married and 1967 my mom was pregnant with my oldest sister LISA .At this point my dad gave up racing,and trailored the car over to my grandfathers house and walked away never looking back and never knowing what ever really happened to his car.My grandfather got rid of the car but to who or in what direction remains a mystery.My grandfather passed on many years ago. All my dad took was the original trunk lid and original front rims.(which I still have).The car converted had a fiberglass nose,front bumper and trunk lid and all plexiglass windows.
                One give away would be that out there some where is a 1964 original aluminum nose with the A & G PLASTICS name on them,this was the family business.As seen in the first photo .
                The only other information other than pictures and a bunch of beautiful 8mm film is a list of friend ,maybe someone out there knows some one on this list or there family members. I know that a few have passed on but any and all infomation WILL help.
                TONI CONTI , BUTCHIE HOLLYWOD (hollywood was his nick name) he does own HOLLYWOOD CAR WASHES IN BROOKLYN N.Y.SID FRANK of sids automotive brooklyn n.y. JERRY LANZOLATA , BOBBY BARONE , CARMINE BENI , MIKE PARENTE , SONNY FALCONE of falcone cookies JOHN BASILE , NUNZI of nunzi automotive and a guy nick named JOE CIRRUZZO aka”BLACKIE” or JOE BLACK!
                If anyone has any information please contact me.
                ALBERT BAMBACE (732)489-3482 or e-mail 11THCOMMANDMENTRECOVERYTEAM@GMAIL.COM

paul-ceasrine

Al,

Saw a picture of your Dad’s old car on a site awhile ago. The car was in the AWB state.
                    I’m pretty sure it was from late 66′ or early 67′. I’ll never forget the name Joseph Bombace
                    (being Italian myself). The info for the car said it was based out of Brooklyn. I want to say it was draglist.com, but I can’t be completely sure. I think the caption read a posted E.T of
                    10.30 or so.
                    Since your Dad’s car was a 64′, I’m guessing it was an original white-painted car with
                    red interior, an original S/S factory Hemi car. Judging by the photo at Dover, looks like
                    your Dad upgraded the front-clip to a fiberglass 65′ unit. I’m guessing that photo is from late 65′ or early 66′. The car in the photo is classified in A/MP, and the GTO in the back-drop of the
                    photo is a 65′ model. Does that seem correct?
                    As for the AWB conversion, I bet your Dad campaigned the car at New York National Speedway,
                    as that track opened in 66′, and numerous AWB’s raced their instead of Dover, because they had more Gas/FC meets, especially late 66′.
                    You should check the New York National contacts, or Long Island drag racer site.
                    Maybe check Dan Aurigemna out of Laurelton, Queens, he had a Plymouth S/S car, and may
                    know something about the Belvedere.

Paul Ceasrine

driverjoebambace

PAUL,
                        Thanks for the info,A guy called me yestarday and he told me that my grandfather sold the car to that guy ‘BLACKIE’ and also told me how to get in touch with him.So I called ‘BLACKIE” and it turns out that grandpa only sold him the nose and talking with him some more the nose that he bought was the original one , the 64 aluminum one !! and put it on a 63 dodge and called it “THE AMERICAN’ so if anyone has a picture of “THE AMERICAN” front ,back ,sides, please send to 11THCOMMANDMENTRECOVERYTEAM@GMAIL.COMI need to be sure that this info is true.
                        Also my dads car was custom ordered in this blue NOT WHITE !!! I am sure of that dad always laughed as he told the story of the sales guy that felt guilty by saying “JOE IF YOU REALLY WANT THAT CUSTOM COLOR I WILL HAVE TO CHARGE YOU AN EXTR $225.00 ” can you believe !!!!
                        And again PAUL thank you for the info all the rest is correct and I will try those leads that you have given me.

AL

driverjoebambace
                            driverjoebambace

Any body know these guys ???????????????

From left to right #1-? #2-? #3dad joe bambace #4grandpa al bambace #5?(maybe tony conti) #6-sid frank #7-frankie pino (the painter) AND LETS NOT FORGET THE MAN TAKING THE PICTURE UNCLE MIKE PARENTE.

AL

driverjoebambace

So does anybody have any other pictures of the 11th commandment 64 or 65 plymouth OR EVEN THE ORIGINAL 11TH COMMANDMENT the 63 pontiac catalina super duty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dino
                                    Keymaster

Was the Pontiac lettered? what Color…We have all new (680) color shots By year 63-64-65 in ODF Galleries. ‘Bill Cullen” collection …might be there.

driverjoebambace
                                            driverjoebambace

This is the original 11th commandment . Originally sponsored by “ROGERS PONTIAC” of BROOKLYN N.Y.
                                                Then picked up by my grandmother MAMIE and grandfather AL’s business A & G PLASTICS.

It’s a 63 pontiac catalina super duty with an aluminum front end.My uncle MIKE PARENTE still has the rims in his garage.
                                                This car was sold to some guy in P.A.

That’s all I know!

AL

driverjoebambace

This was the original 11th commandment. If you notice the 1st picture of the 64 blue plymouth it is the 11th commandment (roman numeral) 2 .My dad had the 2 cars at the same time so 2nd one was (roman numeral 2)Then when converted to a 65 and altered my dad stopped racing the pontiac catalina and lettered the plymouth with the 11th commandment.This plymouth was being altered while he was on his honeymoon so married april 30th 1966 2 weeks in jamaica then the car was painted.The pontiac catalina was originally sponsored by “ROGERS PONTIAC” of BROOKLYN N.Y. but the car had cloth banners that he tapped to the car.I still have the 2 parts that say “OF BROOKLYN N.Y.” I guess ROGERS PONTIAC wanted them back????????????? After my grandmother “MAMIE” and my grandfather ‘AL ‘ sponsored the car from the family business A & G PLASTICS located on 13th ave in BROOKLYN N.Y.This is when the car got lettered after ROGERS PONTIAC stopped their sponsorship and A&G PLASTICS picked it up.
                                                    That’s about all I know. As soon as I scan some pictures I ‘ll post some more.
                                                    And I have about 30 rolls of 8mm film some converted to vhs and some to dvd and about half not yet converted.also a bunch of negative photos to get developed !!!! Some while the PLYMOUTH was being cut up!!!!

AL

dino
                                                    Keymaster

FILM…Somebody Say Film? YOU KNOW I’m gathering Dover Footage for the Big Video…What ya got of Dover ? 😮 Huh-Huh

driverjoebambace

Dino I don’t know what the dover track looks like so I couldn’t tell if I have DOVER film.I will try this week to round some stuff up for you I have some on DVD and some on VHS I’ll convert to all DVD this week and make copies.I also have more on 8mm film ,but no chance any time soon to convert.$$$$$$$$$$ tight!!!

AL

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Joltin Joe…just look at our videos! teaser I TeaserII..and go to Videos and click on the ones on YOUTUBE…thats all Dover “Back Then”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.