Looking for Bill Flynn

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? Looking for Bill Flynn

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    anonymous

Hi,

Bill Flynn, Yankee Pedalae fame passed away sometime ago.

Regards
        Andy Panessa

anonymous

I could be wrong then? Maybe Dino or Drake would know for sure,

Andy

storm-king

Are you sure the signature isn’t Bill Kolb? Bill Kolb ran out of Larsen Ford, and had one of the original Ford GT’s on the street back when there were only something like three street legal ones in the country.

I don’t think you are wrong, P.B.; Flynn has been gone a while.

anonymous

Storm King to the rescue again.

That makes more sense, Bill Kolb.

Andy

vindicator
                    Participant

🙂 🙂 🙂 HEY GUYS/GALS…FOR SURE…STORM KING…AND ANDY BOTH ARE CORRECT…BILL DID PASS SOME TIME AGO NOW…COULD’VE BEEN BEFORE OR JUST AFTER 2004…DENISE..IF YOU ARE “LOCATED” IN TRI-STATE AREA…I KNOW MOST (THOSE THAT ARE “STILL” IN BUSINESS!!) FORD DEALERS…PERSONALLY…AND IN A LOT OF CASES..WELL…BE HAPPY TO TRY TO HELP YOU “FURTHER”…IF NEEDED… 🙂 🙂 🙂 DRAKE VISCOME…THE BILL FLYNN/”YANKEE PEDDLER”…WE KNEW… HAD A LONG AND DEDICATED RELATIONSHIP WITH CHRYSLER/DODGE…COULD SIGNING THE GT…MEAN THAT BILL WAS COMING OVER TO THE “OTHER SIDE”…DOUBTFUL…BUT POSSIBLE!!

troublemaker427

I’m 99.9% sure Bill Flynn passed away before 2004. He also had no association with Ford that I’m aware of. He was racing a Dodge Daytona in SG around the time he passed away.

vindicator
                            Participant

🙂 🙂 🙂 HEY DENISE..THE BILL FLYNN…THAT WE ARE REFERRING TO RESIDED IN THE NEW HAVEN,CT. AREA (HENCE…”YANKEE PEDDLER” HANDLE)…I BELIEVE EVEN @ THE TIME OF HIS DEATH..STILL LIVED IN THAT AREA…THE NAME BILL FLYNN ISN’T ALL THAT “UNCOMMON”…IN DRAG RACING VENUE…’SPECIALLY IN THE NORTHEAST…TO AN OLD GEEZER LIKE ME…”THEE” BILL FLYNN…WAS THE “YANKEE PEDDLER”…BUT IT’S VERY POSSIBLE THAT THERE COULD BE A NUMBER OF “BILL FLYNNS” AROUND THE COUNTRY…MAYBE THE SIGNATURE “DEAL” COMPARISON…MIGHT GIVE YOU THE ANSEWER… 🙂 🙂 🙂 DRAKE VISCOME…P.S. DO “REMEMBER” THERE WAS A “YANKEE PEDDLER” DODGE CAR (DAYTONA?) @ GAINESVILLE (GATORNATS’) ‘BOUT 10 YEARS AGO ALL DONE UP AS YANKEE PEDDLER…IT ACTUALLY WAS A SUPER/STOCK MODIFIED OR COMP CAR..NOT SUPER GAS (WE WERE RUNNING SUPER GAS THERE WITH A ROADSTER)…I JUST DON’T REMEMBER WHETHER BILL FLYNN WAS WITH OR DROVE THAT CAR @ GAINESVILLE…MAYBE IT WAS SOME SOME SORT OF “TRIBUTE” DEAL…THERE’S GOT BE SOME GUYS/FAMILY AROUND NEW HAVEN THAT HAVE THE “RIGHT” INFO…NOT JUST A GUY LIKE ME…WITH A FADED MEMORY!!!

dino
                                Keymaster

(roxrec)…. e-mailed me this :

Bill Flynn died of cancer in 1998, shortly after seeing the restored 65 AWB at Chryslers at Carlisle. Lots of info on this on the net, including a video interview of him next to the car. JS

dino
                                    Keymaster

I tried a google search….nothing ….Then I posted a request at Jalopy Journal (way over 50,000 on that forum) lets see what turns up….Hey Ct. guys …anybody got a hero card or photo with his Autograph to match?

storm-king

I tried Googlinig him too to find the date of his passing. 1998 sounds like the time frame I had in mind from earlier talks with Mike Guffey, the guy who restored the most famous Yankee Peddler. So if the GT Ford model was built after 1998, the signature could not be authentic. I might look for a manufacturers date first.

anonymous

Ok, Dover CSI is back on.

I couldn’t check it last night. Bill Flynn died from cancer in 1998.

Andy

anonymous

Wild Bill Flynn died right after seeing his car restored in 1998. We matched raced Bill several times back in the day and he was a very nice guy,

Andy Panessa

vbob
                                                    Participant

Hey

Give me a couple mins.,I’m up in the attic working my way to the autograph isle ,so I’ll be back with an autograph latta!!

‘V’

vbob
                                                        Participant

Hey

You better have white gloves on when viewing these autographs!!!!
                                                            Hope this helps you !!

‘V’

Attachments:

vbob
                                                            Participant

Hey

Better have the white gloves on to view these!
                                                                the top one is The D.C. Lip!!

‘V’

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.