Looking for Pictures of ’60 Corvette, Restless, at the Track

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR Looking for Pictures of ’60 Corvette, Restless, at the Track

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    restless

I am currently the owner of a 1960 Corvette, that originally ran at Dover in the 60’s with the name Restless painted down the sides. Restless was painted red and gold metal flake, had a custom nose, cut out wheel wells, straight axle front end, and was powered by a ’65 Vette engine, high performance 327, 365 HP. She also had two four barrel AFB carbs, ladder bars, and a push bar. I have just become a member and I’m not sure how to post any pictures I have. I do have old Polaroids that are a bit worn that I’d love to share, which I believe would trigger someone’s memory. As I stated, I only have pictures after I bought it, but none from the days at Dover.
        Since then I have completely done a ground up resto and now Restless is a daily driver. I changed the nose back to original, but kept a radical Chamelion paint job.
        Anyone with memories of Restless at the track, I’d love to hear from you.
        One more thing, Restless was built by a man whose last name was White.

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

I’m sure we’ll find some old shots in the big ODF file….and I assume that flake paint was pretty shot ofter 30 years if not taken care of. Some purists would question the drug dealer paint,,, But who wouldn’t want a former race car to drive to work with! nice Find and Nice SAVE ! …see the post about a once beatiful mustang thats rusting away and the guy won’t sell it, so pretty soon it’ll be worthless…..(edit: took the liberty to resize ,clean-up the photos for more detail and move ya to the Car section from the people section…..dino)

restless

Thanks for the response and help with the pictures.
                No way could I let Restless ever have a factory paint job. That metal flake was wild and crazy and drew everyones attention, including the police. I may love Corvettes, but no way would I ever let this one look like a generic version. Now, she still draws mobs when I take her to a show and the purists bite their tongue. At least the police leave me alone now.

dino
                Keymaster

Ok we’re all curious…got to see how it looks now. If you want …e-mail the photos and I can post BUT you did fine with the last ones !

dino
                    Keymaster

TA-DA ! Knew our ODF GALLERY always delivers ….here it is Ready to stage …about 1968

Attachments:

restless

You are incredible! That is definetely Restless. The nose, the ladder bars.
                            Since her new paint is Chamelion, she always looks different. But, yes, purists keep their distance. They always annoy me anyway, because they stay pure just for resale value. I bought this car in my senior year in High School, and I’ll go the grave owning it. Who cares about resale.
                            Here’s a pic I took last year.

Attachments:

billy-casey

I think it shoud be tubbed out , roll cage , and a superchared , injected small block ! what do you think… 😆 😆 😆

dino
                                Keymaster

WOW ! Thats the same Car ?…Told Ya Restless ,to expect this kind of reponse…Billy C. :Racer once..Racer always… and there are those that will think you should have put it back to exact race trim :flake & lettering…. but that looks like it was quite the restoration project ! Beautiful job !

restless

Ya got me wondering about your pic now. I bought the car in ’67 and you think this pic is from ’68. My buddies and I used to come to the track with Restless. I had removed the side and rear lettering in ’68 because of all the police harrassment. After a cop would stop me, he’d come to my driver’s door and say, so Mr. Restless, where’s your license and registration. I earned way too many tickets with that car in my teen days. I held on to the metal flake as long as I could. But she finally spidered out everywhere. Plus the custom nose that was built over chicken wire and two by fours kept cracking on the ends. The guy that sold me the car, not the builder, told me the custom nose was to cover up the damage to the original nose. For 5 years prior to me doing a resto on Restless, I searched around looking for a nose from the front wheels forward, or even an original full nose. Never did find one. I figured I’d get one later down the road after I had her all stripped down. What a supprise I got when I cut my first chunk of the custom nose off. The original nose was under there, undamaged except for the screw holes to hold the chicken wire.
                                        I’ve included a pic of her after I delettered her. One other special thing about your pic is what I see under the nose. It appears to be a license plate, which is where I had mine. I remember clearly because police kept ticketing me claiming it was too low or too far back to be seen. I ran the cheater slicks for quite awhile until I lost control on a turn during a rain storm and ended up doing 360’s down the road until I finally stopped just in front of a very large tree.
                                        This would be wild to find not just a pic of Restless at the track, but with me in it.
                                        Any help with this old Polariod would be appreciated.

[edit-Dino…’68 ? I really wasn’t sure …You Are ,these T.O’Shea photos in the Big ODF Gallery span a number of years (1400 pics!) and aren’t dated …started about 66 & go through about ? 68-69 If I’m correct .]

Attachments:

dino
                                        Keymaster

Thats the only shot I can Find…Bobby S. ,Video Bob, Charles Irving ??? any help here “Restless Vette” : 65-66-67- ?

vbob
                                            Participant

Sorry, I got nothing!!!

‘V’Bob

dino
                                                Keymaster

See ‘RESTLESS” in GENERATION GAP !!! MYSTERY SOLVED >>>STORY COMPLETE !

restless

You must have noticed that the posting concerning Restless by the original builder’s son has no pictures.
                                                        I ran into the son of the builder of Restless 2 weeks ago at a place where we both store our trailer and car for the winter at the Rhinebeck Fairgrounds. The son(Jay) told me about this site and suggested I try to find some pictures of Restless in her racing days, because he had been unable to find any so far through his immediate family. So the connection between builder’s son and current owner is complete, but the pictures of her lettered at the track are still a mystery.
                                                        I had met Jay once before at a swap meet in Rhinebeck a couple of years ago. I had the vette behind my booth and Jay noticed the license plate.

Attachments:

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Photos show up every day every week …expecting Very shortly. two new big batches… we’ll get it .A nd the name of the game is GET the Word out. We’ve become the convienent ,one stop clearing house for Dover Anything! put links in posts in any forum you’re on.

maso
                                                            Participant

That picture looks like it might have been taken along the Hudson River, maybe in Yonkers or Dobbs Ferry somewhere…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.