Looking for Pictures of ’60 Corvette, Restless, at the Track

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR Looking for Pictures of ’60 Corvette, Restless, at the Track

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    billy-casey

maso.. i lived in yonkers too.. the snow was not quite that white 😆

maso
        Participant
            quote Billy Casey:

maso.. i lived in yonkers too.. the snow was not quite that white 😆

Yeah… but your river was the Bronx River.

jc-white

Hi,owner of my dad’s corvette,
                I’m the oldest son,Chris and i do have some pictures of RESTLESS but unfortunately not too many at the racetrack.i have pictures before it was customized and as it progressed to a drag racer.i wish we took more pictures back then.i believe your the same guy who use to come out to the house and get original parts for the car from my dad.RESTLESS sat for years and years out on Taft ave. in Poughkeepsie and we all thought it was just going to sink into the ground.Glad to see you put her back together.Everyone of us has wished we could get her back.Right now i’m stuck in a snowstorm in Wyoming and it will be a while until i get home to Florida but when i do i will be scanning pictures in to DINO including pictures of other race cars. HAVE A MERRY,J.Christopher White

restless

I remember those trips to your dad’s house. I always needed something for Restless, including the correct front axle to replace the truck straight axle in the front end. He had one that was damaged from an accident. I always thought it had come from Restless and figured the body was damaged at the same time and that was why he put a custom nose on. When I peeled off the custom nose during the resto, I found that the fiberglass nose of Restless was undamaged. I eventually added 6 inch sections of I beams to get the front end back up in the air as high as the straight axle had done.
                    It’s true that Restless sat for a long time by Taft Avenue in my neighbors field. About 12 years ago, our house caught on fire and the firemen were throwing all the burning debris off my back roof onto my two cars in my yard, one being Restless. Because they had covers, the firemen claimed they had no idea what was under them. They thought they were firewood. Right after the fire, my mom asked me if I planned on fixing Restless up, while she was alive. That was enough to make restoring Restless a priority.
                    After I get Restless out of storage in the Spring I’d love to get together with you.
                    I’d love to see any pictures you have.

dino
                    Keymaster

JC ? Any more info …”restless” hasn’t been on here in a while .

charlie-irving

I just checked my colletcion and I do not have any photos of this Vette. Sorry I cannot help with this one.

Charlie Irving

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.