Maso on Video…[ Fore N’ Aft ]

Forums Forums VIDEO SECTION Maso on Video…[ Fore N’ Aft ]

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    maso
    Participant

I wanna show you something…

I bought this Squier Stratocaster in 1996 for $250,00. Made in Korea.
        I played it every day until I wore out the frets and decided to replace the whole neck with a $35.00 replacement from China.
        ( I’m a cheapskate…! )

But… it had no finish on it so I sanded it down incrementally to 220 grit and put a little stain on there to make it look seasoned, sorta’
        Then I applied some polyurethane with my compressor driven HVAC, wet sanded it w/220… four times…!

Then… I used my computer and made up my own personal “Mean Mojo” logo and used my printer and my scanner with some special water slide decal paper… ( hard to find…) I put four more wet sanded coats of polyurethane over that to layer the decal in so it won’t chip off.

It looked so good that I then decided to refinish the whole guitar and give it a new lease on life…

😀

maso
        Participant

So…

I got out my 1200 degree F. heat gun, scraper tool and my electric hand sander and worked that old beat up Strat body through several sand paper grit increments until I has a 220 finish. I used a little Bondo too. It didn’t take a lot of time or elbow grease, it was an enjoyable project.

I primered it then three coats of lightly wet sanded beautiful black…
            It’s beginning to look like something…!

I applied almost two quarts of polyurethane clear coat in four wet sanded coats, each coat with three dust coats and a five minute break between dust coats just to control the dribbling.

Now… I have to buff it out with paste and apply carnauba wax and then put it all back together again…! All the while, I’m lovin’ it…!!! 😆

maso
            Participant

I got real pleasing results and I’m a proud bluesman… ! 😆

See…

I changed out the white knobs and pick-up covers for black ones and I’m gonna play it for another twenty years and ware it out again…!

I couldn’t resist a new neck plate engraved with the Serial Number MM00001 and my “Mean Mojo” Logo.

What do you think of it…??? :mrgreen:

tomblake
                Participant

Looks like quite a good project. If it sounds as good as it looks you have a winner.
                    Do you do cars on the side? 😆

maso
                    Participant
                        quote TomBlake:

Looks like quite a good project. If it sounds as good as it looks you have a winner.
                        Do you do cars on the side? 😆

It sounds like this: https://youtu.be/xdTCwd-zdaY

I don’t do cars… can’t afford them. I’m a Bluesman…! 🙄

maso
                        Participant

I hope some of you will have a look at my “Profile” that I set up to promote my blues guitar playing ambitions at BandMix dot com and I’d love to hear your comments…
                            Click: https://www.bandmix.com/thomas-de-lello/

😛

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.