MERRY CHRISTMAS HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION MERRY CHRISTMAS HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    vbob
    Participant

HEY
        Set the wayback machine and
        lets see what you got for being good boys and girls!
        I was a good boy and see what I got!! ‘V’

Attachments:

patina
        Participant

V, I can’t believe it! Now I’m going to have to look in my pictures.

Pat

babycakes
            Participant

I can’t remember how old I was ( early teens? ) when I got one of those Chevy ‘small’ block V8 kits to put together.What a ‘GREAT’ present which I thought my parents couldn’t afford,as there was 4 of us kids to buy for. I had a ball putting it together! Eventually,it made it’s way to collect dust in the cellar,and ( sinfully) got thrown in the trash,years later.Yeah,I know what your thinking…sad! 😥 .

patina
                Participant

I was almost 3 this Christmas. A Macy’s NYC Santa.

Pat

Attachments:

mikey

Cakes, I had one of those engines too. Small block Chevy, “The Visible V8”. Had little light bulbs for spark plugs, which lit up as the engine turned over, and an electric motor that turned the engine like it was running. Mine also wound up in the basement, and I lost track of it over the years. I had a lot of fun with it. I did find out that the more batteries you could hook together, the faster it would turn over. I finally burnt the little motor up. Oh well, shit happens!! :mrgreen:

patina
                        Participant

Guys you might like to believe it was a SBC but it wasn’t. I still have one, most likely a Caddy motor.

Pat

dino
                            Keymaster

HO-HO-Ho from Home Base …N.C. no snow but its raining… 2014 …here we come. yes- I found purple Christmas Balls.

Attachments:

tomblake
                                Participant

Pat/Mikey……Maybe that’s why Mikey blewup the engine, trying to rev it up like a small block Chevy when it was a Caddy engine. 😆 😆

vbob
                                    Participant

HEY

Very nice picture Pat!
                                        Come on ODF’s post those nostalgia Christmas pics!
                                        Oh, I didnt have the plastic motor ,I had the BIG T BUCKET!!!!

‘v’

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                                        Participant

OK “V” Man ❗ It being a crappy day and seeing your post made me dig into the back
                                            of the closet and look at some old family pictures. I found this picture of my awesome
                                            first 2 wheel bicycle that i got for Christmas. Don’t know how I ever wrangled that out
                                            of Santa. 😆 I had that bike until I got my driver’s learning permit. 😛 WOW, memories…

Frank… 😎

Attachments:

vbob
                                            Participant

HEY

There,that wasnt hard to do!!]

Way ta go Frank!Nice set of BIG WHEELS,probably had to get a lift onto the bike!!
                                                Love the bow ties and someone got a cowboy outfit ,chaps, cap guns and and probably a marshals badge!Nothing like the smell of fresh fired caps in the morning!

‘V’

hvy70ss
                                                Participant

Nice good old days pics! Not to change the thread here, but VBob talked about caps. Just had a flashback…anybody ever make any cap “bombs”?

Smitty

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Yeah Man…pick em all apart …ge2big bolts and pack em in with a nut connecting…tighten, throw up in air ,,,,when it hits Ka-Boom.Then there’s always the potato up the exhaust pipe or put a big fish in the intake manifold. We Had Fun . OH- playing cards close-pined to hit the spokes …instant “Motor’ for your bike.

babycakes
                                                        Participant

I think I was 10 or 11 when I got a Schwinn ‘Phantom’ bike for Christmas, that was a ‘deluxe’ bike at the time! I remember the cool headlight and the horn button in the center of the enclosed ‘wing’, just forward of the seat. Saving up my coins that summer, I bought a set of ‘crash’ bars for the rear wheel, and ‘V’ bars for the front that attached to the front spindle,to the ‘outer’ handle bars.It was like putting a set of Cragar S/S wheels on your hot rod when you started driving! Yeah Dino,I confess…..I too had the playing card attached with a clothes pin on both wheels! Always attracted or annoyed ‘ole’ people!

patina
                                                            Participant

Pictures Cakes Pictures 😆 😆 😆 Or it didn’t happen 😆 😆 😆

Pat

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.