more about Bruce Hertel

Forums Forums BENCH RACING FROM THE PAST more about Bruce Hertel

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    bobby-s

I got these from a fellow motor head at Marcus last night,
        not sure of the yr, but has a lot of memory here,
        not sure if Bruce remembers me I worked at Mahopac Dodge, rte 6,
        I had the plumb crazy T/A, Pete Improta worked there also, what a fun shop,
        a lot of KILLER cars went through there when it was graduation time for West Point,
        the cadets go the cars at almost cost, quite a few Hemi & R/T 440 6 pak challangers,
        plus 340 demons.

enjoy
        Bobby Schlegel,

Attachments:

bobby-s

2 more of Bruice’s toys 😮

everyone remembers the coupe,
            not sure if he has the roadster,
            guess’n the roadster is
            CAN YOU SAY HEMI POWERED 😉

(I have a personal invite to this motorheads
            STASH ROOM to digitize and copy his stuff,
            I MIGHT?? be able to get some stuff for Grover & Smoky
            to have at the reunion, NO GUARANTEES)
            he was serious about releasing anything I work with.

Attachments:

Bruce Hertel, 541 474 0010
            Participant

Yes, Bob I remember you at Mahopac Dodge. I have the roadster in the Garage, it is 500 miles short of a hundred thousand miles. We drove it to the Artic Circle in Alaska on ’07 on the Dalton Hwy. (Ice Road Truckers). I have an new 8-71 blown, Indy Cylinder headed 426 ready to go in it this fall. There are two blown Chevys running around here that need to be beatin’ ! Have a good time and stay safe……Bruce

dino
                Keymaster

Hemishereical Cranium!…What No nice Photos? for “Current Projects ? Fill us in on the other photos …Will that Raodster make it Cross-country? like to New Jersey? say around Oct. You ain’t doin nothin’ ! leave now and sight see 😆

dino
                    Keymaster

Just got this from Bruce
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW2VqjsFL5k

at About 2:13 there he is …Nobody had the “Horns” he had -Indy ’64

maso
                        Participant

Go see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW2VqjsFL5k and see this at 2.13 on the timer…!

dino
                            Keymaster

Theres an echo in here 😮 “thought” I said:
                                Just got this from Bruce http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW2VqjsFL5k at About 2:13 there he is….Am I the only one following the posts ?

bobby-s

Dino

and you thought this site was gonna be easy 😆 😆 😆 😆 🙄

dino
                                    Keymaster

Reminds me of Cruise Nights at the Sycamore…Remember the Peanuts Cartoon with the girl in the Pshyco booth?

maso
                                        Participant

Has anybody heard from Bruce Hertel lately…?

He used to send me a lot of e-mail, and then it stopped and I haven’t heard from him in months.

Is he okay…? anybody know…?

john-sachs-sr
                                            Participant
                                                quote Maso:

Has anybody heard from Bruce Hertel lately…?

He used to send me a lot of e-mail, and then it stopped and I haven’t heard from him in months.

Is he okay…? anybody know…?

Check with Grover. They usually stay in touch.
                                                John

dino
                                                Keymaster

Bruce is on the Forum username: hemihead you can E-mail or PM him …..bet ya didn’t know he ran Indy Nationals in 68 with his “Dodge Boys’ dragster?. Car had a 426 Hemi & a 727 3-speed automatic with a starter,,,Ran 8.60 at 170. THEN there’s his 200 mph Bonneville adventures. Bruce’s Chrysler LeBaron, Bonneville Salts Flats racer, is now in the new Chrysler Museum. He made several 200-205 runs, leading up to the records set in 1992-1994. (“G” Production Supercharged (G/PS) at 196.8mph. Might call him and rattle his cage.

richcorti

Bruce is doing well – e-mail daily between us – He has a 33 Ford Roadster, yellow w/red flames(old school,naturally) & of course a Hemi.
                                                        I was his partner in the Dodge Boys dragster and worked with him at Dodge for 10 years & even though he lives in Oregon we still keep in touch.
                                                        Rich

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Darned if I can’t find ONE shot of the Ddodge Boys ” rail ….know theres one Someplace….Going hunting…I’ll be back.

bobby-s
                                                                quote dinotheweirdo:

Darned if I can’t find ONE shot of the Ddodge Boys ” rail ….know theres one Someplace….Going hunting…I’ll be back.

as you ALWAYS tell us, USE SEARCH, upper section of the page, 😆 😆 🙄 😮

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.