more about Bruce Hertel

Forums Forums BENCH RACING FROM THE PAST more about Bruce Hertel

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Bobby…I did…Nothing…Googled it and went through the entire ODF galleries …zilch-zero-nadda. Do have a few other sources …but I contacted Bruce to dust off his photo albums.

dino
        Keymaster

Grover checked in last night to say he had Lunch with Bruce last Wed. Seems he’s in the east to visit.Spent some time with Bob Jacobs…went to Lime Rock and cruised to Martha’s Vineyard last week with the Westchester Street Rods . He can’t hang around for our Race ….gotta get back to Oregon. Oh….Pat Hennebery posted this on his Facebook….sure looks like Bruce…and Flag Starter!

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

Here’s Bruces Roadster last week at Jacobs Garage In Falls Village,Ct. yes -its a hemi.

Attachments:

richcorti

Here’s a few – 1st at Dover 67 Bruce with hat leaning over push car, me wiping my brow, my wife the blond in front,2nd is from the 67 Nats, 3rd Dover

dino
                    Keymaster

Found It…Knew we had one ….O’Shea Gallery 1

Attachments:

maso
                        Participant

I have a little bit here about Bruces’ un-blown hemi dragster. Stuff that he told me himself about it.

Bruce and his crew took it to the Nationals at Indy in it’s day, 1964 or 1965 I guess and ran in the final round for his class. He got beat because his engine leaned out at the top end. He would have won if he just had a little more fuel in the intake…!

Don’cha hate when that happens…?! 🙄

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.