My 65 AFX Project again.

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING My 65 AFX Project again.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    howie

Here is where we rolled her out fot the trip home. Now it is my turn to start assembling the front end.

Attachments:

howie

Got home and couldn`t wait so I clamped the fenders in place and did a little mock up.

Attachments:

howie

Here is the engine bay shot I was waiting to see how it will look

Attachments:

anonymous

Hi Howie,

Your car is really looking good. Nice work.

Andy

howie

I wouldn`t buy anything from fiberglass +. I sold my belvedere afx and the guys who got it bought fenders from them and they wouldn`t even fit or line up. Boy were they pissed. This round I bought everything from sled city fiberglass and waited 6 months to get but it looks to be worth it. I will post pics of the parts. The fenders need a little massaging but I can deal with that. I ordered my parts 8 months before I started the car though.
                        Howie

storm-king

Wow, Howie, your shop has com e a long why since I last saw it! Sheet rock and everything! (Glad I missed the sandiing party!) Is that the /sixFED in the background?

storm-king-2

Looking good Howie. Waiting for a donor for the rear fenders? Mark sure is meticulous.
                                We are in the process of moving into our new shop. Hope to be functioning by next week. I would like to get the other fender finished for Gary. They are a lot more complicated than the doors, obviously. Not sure how we will approach doing the hood. Sometime between now & spring I’ll have to go pick up my 440 from James. Have to get together.
                                Bill

ps Mathew help with the dry wall?

howie

Funnycar 65, Mark welded the date on the bottom of the k frame where we did the first afx altercation. Been a while. This time when I picked up the car he sent the k frame and fixtures with me and said they were mine. He mentioned selling these parts on ebay but I haven`t really thought of that. It really is pretty simple. Yes gary you see more projects in the background. The sl/6 fed and my daytona project on the left. Had to put the 34 outside. I may try to tackle a awb a body after I am finished with some of these other projects. I have to take the doors off and install my fiberglass ones to see how they fit. Bill, I may end up heading out to kentucky in june so I may be able to bring your motor.
                                    Howie

howie

I wish they world make these wheels with the correct B.S. The offset is so wrong. Check the wheel on the passengers side.

Attachments:

storm-king

They kind of look uni-lug, are they?

storm-king

You may be thinking of “Real Rodders Wheels”

storm-king

You may be thinking of “Real Rodders Wheels”

howie

Thanks I will check it out. Hope the offset is correct.

anonymous

Hi Howie,

We ran that type of wheel on the rear of Plain Busted back then. I see that American still sells it. Jegs has it and probably Summit too. Dino posted a pic of Plain Busted today under Where are they now. You can see what the wheel looked like.

Andy Panessa

noise-boy

Hi Howie,
                                                                cool car you have,this is one I help out with in New Zealand.Owner built.

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.