My Old C/GAS Nova-Mikeys Race Car storys

Forums Forums ANY OTHER PHOTOS My Old C/GAS Nova-Mikeys Race Car storys

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    mikey

I got a picture on my Facebook page today of a car I have not seen since 1976, when I disassembled it and sold off most of the parts when I stopped drag racing and got into dirt circle track racing. This was my first really competitive race car anywhere I went . The picture really brought back memories. The guy is on the DDS site as “novaman66”, my buddy Frank Lucato, a former member of the Dutchess Racing Association from Wappinger Falls,N.Y. Thanks Frank…………..Mikey 😆

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

What track is that ….? and tell him to send that photo so I can scan at HIGH resolution and clean up -edit…tried, but on site at low res…it’s just a blur. And how ’bout some history about Duchess Club in the Club section? Oh-who’s the hippie chick?

mikey

That is Dover. I got there late and the money pits were full, there was a special show that day, and I had to park in the general pit area. Also, I have posted the club in Car clubs, Dutchess Racing Association.
                I was president for 2 years. We were an NHRA Charter Club, located behind
                “Six Fiends” machine shop(Valley Performance) in Wappinger Falls. The other club that I belonged to was the Southern Dutchess Timing Association of Beacon, N.Y. which I also posted with a couple of pictures……………Mikey 😆

dover1320

Hey, that is not Dover, the pits were not paved only gasser pit .

dino
                    Keymaster

He says it is ???? don’t remember the concession stand being THAT well built and having a chimney.The Mountain in back is throwing you off.

patina
                        Participant

Looks like Island to me but I don’t know.

Pat

mikey
                                quote patina:

Looks like Island to me but I don’t know.

Pat

Pat, the more I look at that picture, plus you, Don, and Shimer busting my chops, I think you are right. I saw another picture quite similar that I know was Dover, and mixed them up. Well you know how it is, “some days the elevator, some days the shaft”. …………..Mikey 😆 😆

patina
                                Participant

Mikey like I tell my wife I get no satisfaction out of being right.Then she tells me to go **** yourself. This site should be required reading for all drag racing seniors because it has made everyone THINK alittle harderand keep those burnt out 60s brain cells active and rebuilt (got this Don)

Pat

hvy70ss
                                    Participant

My guess is neither Dover, Island or Leb.Valley in that pic…..looks like billboards near the concession stand or is it??? This is a tough one!

Bobby Smith

dino
                                        Keymaster

it’s Island..Thats that dumb Mountain that the sun went down too quick,and made it dark & cold too early at Our Nostalgia Drags.

hvy70ss
                                            Participant

Dino…You’re right!! After I posted my last reply I saw the concession stand (Same one today). You had a birds eye view of that mountain from the tower that day. Funny, the things you miss when your involved racin’…Dino is the champ, “tell him what he wins today on the Price is Right, Johnny!!

Bobby Smith

dino
                                                Keymaster

Never know what will show up here!..This is a Charlie Tanner photo, given to Smokey and retrieved by Brian. It’s Mikey’s Red on one side, Blue on the other, C/Gas Nova about to go abourne even more ,at ‘Orange period ‘ of Dover…70’s.

Attachments:

mikey

Dino, tell Brian thanks, that’s a great picture. I believe that the car in the right lane Is my fellow club member Joe Raffael’s 1966 Chevelle C/MP car. Not sure if that was a TT, or an elimination run. Can you e-mail me a copy? Please?
                                                        ………………..Mikey 😆

dino
                                                        Keymaster

will cost you a dollar

mikey
                                                                quote dinotheweirdo:

will cost you a dollar

That’s too cheap, but OK!! 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.