NEW for 2015 Nostalgia Race Car Exhibits

Forums Forums NOSTALGIA DRAGS 7th Annual DOVER DRAG STRIP NOSTALGIA DRAGS 2015 NEW for 2015 Nostalgia Race Car Exhibits

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Got the Idea from the “Gasoline Alley Display” at “Arties Party” -Syracuse Nationals.Most of these great restored-original or ‘cloned’ Nostalgia drag cars get no real ‘nitch’ at most events to be treated properly. They don’t fall into entering a Rod & Custom show as they haven’t a real category or relate ,and if they do, Get charged to enter upwards to $50. plus …same at Hot Rod Runions-York,etc…… just to “Cackle a car” at any Hot Rod Reunion is $100. ! So ….As I’m taking over the running of Arties Party “Gasoline Alley” …I’ll be in contact and hunting down many of these types of Nostalgia Race Cars….And As Artie Does, will be giving these guys their due respect for showing their cars AT OUR OWN “DRAG ALLEY”…with Hotel Discounts-Perks and plaques…Many Ran Dover as a booked in match race ,traveling in a Series group or independent. Already have a fairly good list of prospects ,and intend to get them all at one place at one time.Hey- Even ‘mousies” Pure Heaven Fuel Altered has on the deck the places it ran, With WINGDALE ,N.Y. right there!.( ran one armed Willy Borsches ‘Winged Express”.)More after I return from Epping. You saw the ‘tip’ of the iceberg with The Jim & Allison Lee car and The Comanche. …drivers and cars DID run Dover.

dino
        Keymaster

On the case with this to the point ,I’m heading To Epping next week just to make contact with all the Nostalgia car owners in attendance. Will be searching out the ones that ran Dover and had east coast history.Some of these guys only bring out their car like once or twice a year….so we’ll be making it very attractive for them to show them off at our race .

bucksnort57

Going to Epping Saturday.
                Last year I hauled the Scotto & Blevins Nomad out there for display.
                We also showed at Arties Party.
                Neat you are taking over for Artie.
                Just spectating at Epping this year.
                Don’t know if Paul Blevins ever made it to Dover.

Ever get the order of event t shirts in,Dino?

dino
                Keymaster

Here’s what I’ll Be passing out at Epping. Note: This is NOT entering the Regular Rod & Custom Show at each event….that’s a different section,format.

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

Got to contact a lot of possible participants at the Hot Rod Reunion. “just getting the word” out. Glad I made the Trip. Look for More participation from Guys that Ran Dover, from the eastern Mass area. Many older New England Car Clubs had booths set up ..and in the early Sixties made the Trip to Dover occasionally. They were glad to hear all about Out 7th.Gotta figure…the older guys don’t “Do Computer” so this was a perfect opportunity to contact them all in one place at one time. Plus I was able to have meetings with Sponsor prospects from all over, that “Are Into” the nostalgia stuff. So now it’s hit the phones and follow up in the next few months.

dino
                        Keymaster

Cross your fingers…Have already talked to owner …he’s in Maine, and we’ll be in contact as schedules come out. He’s Ok to come depending on other events. Note: He also owns one of Tommie’s Funny cars and a “Jungle Jim” car. They are all NOT exact to original…he knows that, But restored them or recreated them as tributes. Hauls all three at the same time with a monster truck ‘stacker’, pulling the glassed trailer.

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster

His other toys…..

Attachments:

dino
                                Keymaster

At Epping Again…We made connections with all these guys…all from the northeast. The Freedom Machine just got finished, and just happens to be owned by Ernie Broughton’s (Comanche) father in law. They Both are coming as of now! . Again…its early yet and people will be contacted as schedules come out. I’ll keep ya posted at this topic.Ted Tines Fueler And Brian Darcy’s Fueler are candidates also. Might Have quite the cackle brewing.

Attachments:

dino
                                    Keymaster

Another Day… Another “adjustment”…..This Was just posted Yesterday At Artie Schillings Facebook Page :

“To everybody who helped make Artie’s Party a success for the last 8 years!
                                        I’ve decided to discontinue Artie’s Party and take myself off the road to
                                        spend more time with my wife and enjoy this beach I live by.”

SO ….As “Gasoline Alley” WAS part of ‘Arties Party’…That is now up in the air as far as it’s being done at all next year. This in NO Way Effects the Nostalgia Drag Car display At OUR Race.
                                        Art & I talk a lot…He was all for me taking over the Race Car end of it at Syracuse ,but Hey…the guys 70 and has to cut back…he’s hardly ever home going from this event to that trade show and the on the road grind …. just as we all say was “getting old’ .He’s done fantastic charity work all these years and all his buddies are on the same page as him, wishing him well in his ‘semi-retirement’. Me Too. I will be in touch with the Right Coast ‘powers that be’ to see what their intentions are with this now ‘vacant’ building at the Syracuse Nationals. I’ll keep ya posted.

dino
                                        Keymaster

BULLITEN ! …. We’re Back In Action With BOTH These Event Features for 2015…Dover Nostalgia Drags…”Drag Alley” never effected But…as previously posted-Gasoline Alley At Syracuse Nationals.was ‘Up In The Air’…. No More…We Are’ GO’ for the Nostalgia Race Car Exhibit for the Syracuse Event. Just got off the phone with the East Coast head honchos, to confirm we WILL be holding it again.SOOOooo…Looking for restored or Original Drag & Oval Track cars to participate .Oval Track Too..hear that SYNYRA and DIRT ? Contact me to get on board for two great weekends . Oval track (SNYRA) invited as many Dover Guys migrated to Danbury, if they weren’t involved already in both venues….motor builders, speed shops ,machine shops, fabricators, even drivers…getting the area buddies together. I remember running the sign shop in Danbury, lettering the same sponsors on Danbury cars and Drag Cars.

dino
                                            Keymaster

Heres The Final Flyer For The Syracuse Deal….Cars shown are already coming…Plus I’ll have My Dover Goodie Booth with Brians traveling ‘museum” next to me AND he’s bringing his GTO….We’ll have all the Dover Cars in a “DOVER Display” together…Our Final Flyer for the Race Will look like this with my new Graphics softwear capibilities. Syracuse is a month before our event…good exposure.Click on image to see the whole thing.

Attachments:

kman
                                                Participant

unreal event !!!! … one word of caution… BRING WATER.. DRINK PLENTY OF WATER… it gets HOT !!!! …. DAMN HOT !!! … see you there.. God Willin’….

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Just Got A call From Bob Whiting…Bringing to Our New Nostalgia “Drag Alley” Display ,his vintage unrestored ( just as it was) B/Altered roadster that ran in New England in the early 60’s….Its starting to happen….

Attachments:

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Dino,
                                                            This is in the pits at Connecticut Dragway in 1962, and as I recall it was our first time out with the car as they classed us in A/A. They also gave us the 55 number which we kept as a permanant number. When we got home from that race, I went to our local wrecking yard and bought about 6 feet of 4″ square bar stock and bolted it to the rear crossmember and that put us in the top of B/A. I’ll dig out a couple more photos also.

Bob

Attachments:

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Dino,
                                                                This is also at Connecticut Dragway but a year later, It was the final end of season championship race in October, 1963. We were fortunate enough to win the class trophy at this race. I probably should explain a little about the car; it’s a 1933 Plymouth roadster on 1934 Ford rails with a 1957 Pontiac engine. I started building the car in 1959.

Bob

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.