New "Column Here" -"-RACIN RUMORS"

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION New "Column Here" -"-RACIN RUMORS"

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    vbob
    Participant

HEY
        I have a driver a driver for my V-Bob Racing Team Vega for the Powder Puff Race @ the 3rd Dover Drag Strip Race at The Valley !She currently drives a dragster and she will see if she can fit it in her busy schedule !
        ‘V’

dino
        Keymaster

A driver a driver you got the hiccups? now who could that be? By the way …We Will Have a PINK Jacket for the winner.50 ‘s style shinny baseball stlye.

masracingtd1167
            Participant

Bob do we get to guess who it is .

dino
                Keymaster

He called today…I quizzed him…He won’t Tell. It’s not Caroline Galvin.

don-kauer
                        quote dinotheweirdo:

A driver a driver you got the hiccups? now who could that be? By the way …We Will Have a PINK Jacket for the winner.50 ‘s style shinny baseball stlye.

This thing is getting too CORNIE now …I’m not going!!!!! 😆 😆 😆

masracingtd1167
                        Participant

How about Digger Dave?

dino
                            Keymaster
                                quote dinotheweirdo:

I can contact Randy…Need To …See whats up…I’ll report back.

……..left a message >? no reply yet…will try again Friday.

babycakes
                                Participant

Word just ‘leaked’ out,Dino secretly purchased a 1959 Edsel 4dr. h.t. with a 6 cyl. in it to run against Ron Moorehead’s Volvo,’Tiny Tim’ at the 3rd Dover Meet at the ‘Valley’ He’s tired of seeing Ron winning ‘stock’ eliminator,and is up to the challenge! A conversation was overheard between him and Brian M. that he’s gonna put a set of 6:14 gears and weld the spyders (poor man’s posi) to get the jump on Ron!

dino
                                    Keymaster

Nah…Villager wagon with 3 on the tree. Trans out of T-Bird. Sneaking in the “Equa-Lock ” rear only available in Fords( their answer to GMs Posi-Traction)….higher ratio from factory is 3:10 (We’ll fix THAT) Factory tested Standing quarter mile in 17.6 seconds….That was street tires and no tricks or traction bars.Also dumping the sound deadening and all the guts inside middle And rear seats. Don’t sit on them, you’ll go to the floor.Longer front Shocks out of F-150 for granade lauchnes..Got the right decals to fool tech…and sliding rear axle forward in reworked wheel wells 2 inches.Matty Winspur Rear bumper filled with lead and floor pans replaced with Alum. All rear side door Window roll-up guts removed and hand cranks non functional. Windows held up with broom sticks.Acid dipped and repainted front fenders .Most of rear quarters replaced with fiberglass”repair” panels fron ‘the accident” . All side glass replaced with Thinner ,lighter weight ones….out of commercial glass shop that does store windows…..don’t slam the doors .Idea from Henry the Eighth. Did We Cheat ?

babycakes
                                        Participant

Dino,I only wish I had 1/2 of your ‘wits’ and imagination,this is what keeps us ole farts young and alive! The ‘spirit’ of “Dover’ lives on! We luv ya Dino! Happy April Fools Day!!!

patina
                                            Participant

Brother Mike and I decided to put a blown hemi in the MG remove the fenders and stretch the wheelbase also and run it as a US Mule clone.

mikey

I don’t know, Pat. Seems like a hell of a waste of a nicely hand crafted hood to me!! At least sign it, and put it on E-Bay!! “For Sale: One Happy Hobby Hood”, to highest bidder, or yours for a buck two eighty! ………….Mikey 😮 😯 😆

babycakes
                                                    Participant

Pat,your gonna havta raise the seat also,so brother Mike can see over the blower and injector scoop!

vbob
                                                        Participant

HEY
                                                            The winners of the Mega Million Lottery in New York are building a drag strip in Wingdale ,N.Y.!!
                                                            ‘V’

babycakes
                                                            Participant

Bob,it’s a bit ‘sketchey’ yet as far as the layout.Condos will be built to accommodate all O.D.F senior citizens.Stacey,Brian M’s wife,will be in charge of the gerriactrics clinic to help us along,prepping for the 60ft. long ‘walker’ and ‘wheel chair’ drag racing track (located where the original starting line was).Brain M. will not only manage the track,he will also be the tech inspector and classify these walkers and wheel chairs.And yes Bob,there will be ‘handicapped’ starts.Edward (Brian and Stacey’s son) will be the ‘flagman’. Slipper ‘slicks’ are manditory.Instead of trophies,winners will receive a gallon of “Dover Dragstrip” prune juice.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 87 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.