New Storm King Pics From Gary and Bill.

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING New Storm King Pics From Gary and Bill.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

will post Photos soon….Hoping the Storm King crew can be at Our Next Race….Car or Not …But Car Good!

dino
        Keymaster

Working on photos…Gary sent in strange file format I’m attempting to ‘crack’ .

storm-king

Its called “whatever came with my iMac”….

mikey

Just got a few more pics from Gary. will try to post them here. I hope I resized them correctly.
                    ……………….Mikey :mrgreen:
                    Gotta make one more post, only let me put up 10 pics.

Attachments:

mikey

Last picture, only got 11 out of 13, could not open the other 2, sorry Gary. :mrgreen:

Attachments:

storm-king

Thanks again to Mikey for resizing and posting these up for us!
                            Well, you can see we’ve been cleaning it up a bit, tweaking here and there (NOT tweerking! No Miley Cirus crap in this garage!) I cut out the messy Plymouth firewall, and smoothed it up a bit, got rid of the cowl vents and windshield wiper openings, and eliminated the gas filler from the rear quarter panel.
                            I had a couple of my pre-teen grandsons, who don’t have much influence from a father at home, work on the car with me at times this past summer. They did really well. I had them masking, and then painting the roll cage. One of them also was a big help in getting the rear firewall installed. He loved working with Clecos!
                            There’s also a picture above here of our super-cheap “spit” to turn the car up on it’s side so I could finish the underside easily.
                            Anyway, more to come as soon as Mikey has some time.
                            He’s got a bit of surgery coming up tomorrow, so it wouldn’t hurt to keep that in your prayers as well.

dino
                            Keymaster

Mikey Cracked the photo file ! Thanks Papa’s Toy man! SO …the BIG Question IS …Will you make the Race with it?…Doc & son Rich Burgess are planning to be there with the MINI -ARROW!

storm-king

When’s the race? August? We’re hoping to have the car together by March.

dino
                                    Keymaster

Aug 9-10 So no excuses! …ya missed the first 5

http://doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=67

dino
                                        Keymaster

Gary’s latest Progress Photos…just posted…Getting close! White Paint done…Blue Storm King scheme ,next.

Attachments:

dino
                                            Keymaster

I asked Gary the Progress and did he have some current Photos,he sent This:
                                                “Gary wrote: “I’ll try and get some to you tomorrow. Bill and I have been building aircraft parts, and I’ve been doing my Patent work for a project I’ve been working on all year. Car is held up for some stinking bolts! Should be in this week, but I have some new photos I think.”

tomatohead
                                                Participant

car looks awesome , real nice work , cant wait to hear in run 😀

storm-king

Well, boys & girls, I hate to break the news, but the car isn’t going to make the reunion this year. Bill and I have been covered up building aircraft parts for his new business, and the car’s schedule has slipped about four months behind. We had header clearence issues, which we should not have had, that set us back even further.
                                                        So, Hopefully it’ll hit the track before the end of the season, but it won’t be a Lebanon. This year.

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Just In from Gary….”Well it certainly has been some time since I’ve done an update on Bill’s car. I stopped in at the chassis shop to wish Mr. Smith a Merry Christmas, and took a couple of pictures”…New aluminum radiator, fuel pressure regulator and coil installed, plus a bump button on the firewall, for turning the engine while setting the valves.They moved my MSD box from where I had it to inside the car. I guess the idea here is to have all of the electrical components on one board for easy maintenance. New shifter is installed, with rear exit cable, and our removeable carbon fiber/Kevlar transmission tunnel has it’s DZUS fasteners installed. Originally, we had the swtich panel set up for a dashboard mounting. They moved them up to the rollcage, in part because they said Shaedy wouldn’t be able to reach them on the dash once she was strapped in. So with thoughts of her driving this, that’s where they are located.S&S Racecars finishes up plumbing, wiring, and other details on the latest “Storm King”. — in Bowling Green, Kentucky.

Attachments:

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.