Odds & Ends…News & Notes 5th Annual Drags/Show

Forums Forums NOSTALGIA DRAGS 5th Annual DOVER DRAG STRIP NOSTALGIA DRAGS 2013 Odds & Ends…News & Notes 5th Annual Drags/Show

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

I’ll post stuff here that doesn’t fit another topic heading…just ,well … ‘Odds & Ends’.
        Some current LEBANON VALLEY info from Wayne the manager….They’re still holding down race fuel costs…better than most tracks ,due to Howard buying in ‘good deal ‘bulk for three tracks now.The dirt track,the dragway and new Saratoga dirt track about an hour north, he’s now running too. The Rumors about a new right side return road are false.There IS construction going on over there on that side.Howard has moved the ‘river’ over about 10 feet back ,and dredged it deeper,to run faster.Piled up the dig dirt to make a ‘levee.’ All the trees are cleared out, due to the fall season leaves on track problem. Thats now eliminated ,so Wayne doesn’t have to shut racing down,to blow off the track. The New GO-KART track is up and running strong, every Sunday at Noon. IT WILL Be Open on our weekend,If you want to bring the kids & karts to run.

We are forging ahead with new promotional ideas.and REALLY plan on putting All Non-Racing Dover Cars in Special display area either behind the main grandstands for all to see or in a roped off Pit area close by. IF you don’t want to enter the show and its a DOVER original…this is the place for you…all gathered in one spot…AKA Hellzapoppin,Gunns Corvette-Bad News (If He can come) – that kind of thing.”A Show Case” I’ll make a nice banner to title it .You will ,get a dash plaque. Even Under Construction-not finished Authentic Dover Cars…Doesn’t matter its not done… the Folks WANT To see -feel -smell.

More As I get It .

dino
        Keymaster

Maybe our new theme song? along with ‘Dover Days’ -of course

From 1965 !….turn it up
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuCN_dEgojs

dino
            Keymaster

A couple guys were talking today about EVERYONE needing an engine diaper for 2013!!!!!
                Can you find out with all the contacts you have at The Valley and NHRA ????
                Bob

Answer Straight From Wayne …the Manager:

This is NOT true …in Div.1 if you race at a Summit ET pts. race and run 9.99 or quicker you need one . This does not include test &tunes or any other event . This will NOT apply for your race .
                Wayne DelMonte

dino
                Keymaster

Guys….FILL the Storm King Crew In….Bill posted this on Facebook:

I’m coming with an open trailer, more than a little concerned about nights in a motel parking lot. Is there security at the track, is anyone leaving their cars there overnight.
                    I feel like this is my first time out, but haven’t done this since “74” & it’s a different world.
                    Bill Smrtic

Also Update On This:
                    [We are forging ahead with new promotional ideas.and REALLY plan on putting All Non-Racing Dover Cars in Special display area either behind the main grandstands for all to see or in a roped off Pit area close by. IF you don’t want to enter the show and its a DOVER original…this is the place for you…all gathered in one spot…AKA Hellzapoppin,Gunns Corvette-Bad News (If He can come) – that kind of thing.”A Show Case” I’ll make a nice banner to title it .You will ,get a dash plaque. Even Under Construction-not finished Authentic Dover Cars…Doesn’t matter its not done… the Folks WANT To see -feel -smell.}
                    Going To use a roped off Pit Area close to the Fence…right by where “Goodie Booth” Is …so check in so I know HOW many Cars ! ….These Are Not Racing-Not In Show …Sat & Sunday if possable. So Far we can add “Blown Hearse “Too….Dover Cars Only.Dino

dino
                    Keymaster

Pertaining to This Idea:
                        http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=4095
                        ….Heres Where It would Go
                        Yellow Boxes behind grandstands are Vendor displys…Brian will set up next to Goodie booth ….on other side of fence is where we’ll park the Dover Display Cars .I’ll Have this all roped off Friday night…Anyone pitching in to help -welcome!

Attachments:

vbob
                        Participant

HEY

HOLY HOCKEY PUCKS 40 days and a wake -up till race day!!!!!!

‘V’

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster

Hey V-Bob …that was from the First Race…looks like you’ve been in the Attic Again…I WILL be Renaming the Starting Line at Lebanon This year Like That…Hope Howie understands :lol:, . . . . Cool ‘photo op “

vbob
                                Participant

HEY

I know its in here someplace but can someone tell me how ya go about racing Saturday and Sunday.One time through tec. on Saturday pay for both days on Saturday,keep a pit pass to get into race on Sunday without going through tec. again Hows this gonna work??? Last year I left everything in my pit Saturday night and all was well on Sunday morning!!!

‘V’

Attachments:

babycakes
                                    Participant

V Bob has a real good question,when running both days! With all the race cars that will be running,there would be a lot less confusion,back-ups, and wasted time if there were a ‘2’ day pass.and a 1 day tech inspection ( especially for those leaving there race cars and trailers at the track Sat. night). No doubt the ‘Valley’ will be mobbed for the Dover ‘5’,along with the other clubs that will be running! If we have to abide by Howie’s rules,well so be it! If they can be ‘bent’ a ‘bit’ by Howie….GREAT!!!! Just my 2 cents again.

dino
                                        Keymaster

No two day pay or passes…one time tech and you’re good to go..pay Per day to run. Wayne said the 2 day passes never worked .Breakage…leave early …don’t show first day…just a mess to sort out.

patina
                                            Participant

Last year we just went to the tech line with our wrist band, filled out another card and paid our money. Only last year had rain out on day one so our wrist band was good for day 2.

Pat

dino
                                                Keymaster

Thanks Pat for your ‘conciseness’ in all your posts…ya do have a way with words And food! Howie & Wayne were quite accomidating ,even though a bunch of guys did get a ton ofruns in.That rain came around noon I think …They’ll put ya on the track at 9 am If you were smart and got in line early…Gates open at 8. Remember the first year at 8 am, we were backed up out the highway. And the First year on Sunday …it rained and stopped quick…we were back running in 45 minutes…Great track Crew!

vbob
                                                    Participant

HEY

Soooo,I get there Saturday morning bright and early ,I get in the looooooong line, pay to race continue on through tec.!
                                                        I Race Saturday park everything for the night. Sunday morning the suns out shinning bright,I drive to the track and NOW where do I go,

A- Get in the loooooong line again to pay to race for Sunday along with everyone else that didnt race the day before Saturday or
                                                        B- Show my 2 day race pass at the general addmission car show gate and drive directly to my pit area because already paid for 2 days of racing and had the car go through tec. the day before on Saturday.

‘V’

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Second Day Race Car “Check -In”… IF you paid for Sat -have a wristband And Are Teched ALREADY….Have A Coffee….drive to tech -short cut ,by-passing cars in line…to check in house/table .. Don’t get in Race Car Line (they HAVE to Be Teched yet )…Walk up to the Tech Lane Table….Show your wrist band…fill out card for that day… Pay And go.You can go down return road too…If You Show your Sat. Wrist Band At Main Gate…they’ll probably let ya head to tech by return road….Or send you down the main road to Tech Lane road entrance.Now …rotating tire Diagram…insert here.

Attachments:

vbob
                                                            Participant

HEY
                                                                OKEYDOEKEY!!!!
                                                                OH,do we have to bring our own potato sack for the potato sack races??????????

‘V’

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.