Old Funny Cars

Forums Forums ANY OTHER PHOTOS Old Funny Cars

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    anonymous

Hi,
        If you like old Funny Cars, I have many photo’s. Here are a few.

Andy

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

Andy …get my replies ? Have any more Dover ? Dino

34gasser-65awb

Andy, thanx for posting! That Black Arrow always gets me. I cannot confirm this, but a friend tells me that the remains of the car are still local; he saw it hidden away in a barn/shed. Can’t recall if he said CT or NY, but definetly local. The relatives of the guys who bought it and repainted it as “Storm King” are posting in the H.A.M.B. about the car absolutely got destroyed and was hauled off for scrap. Obviously conflicting versions here.

My friend is Nick Tiberio. Now a retired cop now, he ran a ’63 Plymouth Max Wedge at Dover and surrounding tracks. They crashed it, then cut the roof off and went match racing with it. He swears that what he saw was the remains of the Black Arrow. Said it had been modified even further with the frontend moved up too and is in REAL BAD shape.

dino
                Keymaster

STORM KING is on the forum ,,,but hasn’t checked in for a while. I too saw all his info on the H.A.M.B. (Jalopy journal.com) He knows his stuff. Get your Friend NICK to give BRIAN M. the location, and if I know Brian …he’ll be on the way to track the rumor down with GPS . Hey …Get Nick on the forum. I”ll try to shake up Storm King . EDIT—–See OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR-‘Storm KING”

34gasser-65awb

Hey guys! Nick was at the reuinion again this year with his black ’63 Plymouth. He just got joined up here within the forum. I see that Storm King posted in another thread about how he is sure that the shell is absolutely long gone.

Only 1 way to find out!!!! Gotta see what’s in that place!

anonymous

Her are some more,

Enjoy
                            Andy

Attachments:

34gasser-65awb

Hello again Andy! The pic of the Black Arrow would be from when it was carburated and still had the adjustable rear wheelbase to alternate between S/S and match racer, yes? Love the B+V stuff, they always had first-class rides (thanx to S+M). There is a pic floating around of the Paper Tiger sedan even after B+V; it was painted all white with with the blue windows and some blue fogging; I think around the wheelwells. Still had the pie-crust slicks and Halibrands all around. I will post it if I can remember who gets the photo credit!

vbob
                                Participant

Vince, Her’s a couple for ya taken at Atco a couple years ago!!!

‘Video’Bob

Attachments:

34gasser-65awb

Thanx for posting Bob! Those are from E-Town, at the summernats I think. I have a few pics of me with the cars, on 35MM film thank you! Before the “digital days”!! Definetly a few years back like you said. Pops and I were there with you. Remember me passing out in the pits during the nitro warm-up session? Ahhhh, good times!!!!!!!!!!

34gasser-65awb

Later to become Plain Busted !!!!!

Attachments:

34gasser-65awb

OK, I was off! It had silver fogging around the wheelwells and the beltline. this is a later version of the “Paper Tiger” S+M Plymouth, which they sold to the Buckeye + Vernon team.

Attachments:

34gasser-65awb

Picture by Bob Plummer

Attachments:

34gasser-65awb

This stuff that I’m posting is nothing that hasn’t been seen before in other places, but seems to be fresh here. Only posting what I have saved with the photo credits to avoid getting anybody upset.

The Flying Carpet of Harrop shown here is actually the remains of the original Ramchargers car. They crashed it atleast once, welded a new roof on and patched up the paintwork and ran a few times before send it to Harrop. Harrop wrecked the original Flying Carpet real bad at Cecil County; Jim Amos has video footage of it in his “Bee On Video” collection.

Attachments:

34gasser-65awb

Here is a few floppers.

Attachments:

34gasser-65awb

Leal’s California Flash, another Bob Plummer pic. This car was wrecked in a STREET RACING accident when it was owned by the Grand Spaulding dealership of Norm Krause.

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.