Old Funny Cars

Forums Forums ANY OTHER PHOTOS Old Funny Cars

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    anonymous

Hi Dino,

Most of the shots were taken by others. Over the years I have collected hundreds or thousands of mostly funny car photos. The shot of Plaln Busted was sent to me some years ago by Bob Plumer who took that picture when we were at the S/S Nationals at Cecial County MD, I think in 1967. I think we made it to the semi-finals in the 2400LBS Fuel class. The shot of Al Hoffman was taken in about 1979 I think at Englishtown by JW Last. The shot of Drake is from Drag Racing Memories.

If you guys like the old cars, I can keep posting them.

Andy

vindicator
        Participant
            quote Plain Busted:

Hi Dino,

Most of the shots were taken by others. Over the years I have collected hundreds or thousands of mostly funny car photos. The shot of Plaln Busted was sent to me some years ago by Bob Plumer who took that picture when we were at the S/S Nationals at Cecial County MD, I think in 1967. I think we made it to the semi-finals in the 2400LBS Fuel class. The shot of Al Hoffman was taken in about 1979 I think at Englishtown by JW Last. The shot of Drake is from Drag Racing Memories.

If you guys like the old cars, I can keep posting them.

Andy

😀 😀 😀 HEY ANDY…JUST GOTTA’ TELL YA’….THANK YOU…THE PHOTOS…AND YOUR KNACK OF “FINDING” GUYS…JUST GREAT!!! PROBABLY LIKE A LOT OF GUYS IN OUR “ERA”…I’M NOT THE MOST COMPUTER “SAVVY” DUDE…BUT,I DO “WEEBLE” & “WOBBLE” AROUND ON IT…NOT MEANING TO BE SPEAKING FOR DINO OR REALLY ANYBODY ELSE…BUT YOURSELF & BRIAN ARE DOING GOOD… REAL GOOD…BETTER THAN REAL GOOD!!!…THANK YOU,AGAIN,….GETTIN’ A “WHIFF” OF THE NITRO FUMES FROM “PLAIN BUSTED” KINDA’ BEGAN THE ADDICTION!!! 😆 😆 😆 DRAKE

anonymous

Thanks Drake,

Like you said, I got the smell of the nitro fumes again too. Brings back some great times. It is really nice to have this forum in this very tough time of our world. Every day now I remember more and more of those times and cars at Dover and also at the match races that Dave Hodgman and myself went to with Plain Busted at other tracks. Many, many stories to be told. I enjoyed all of your cars.

Andy Panessa

vindicator
                Participant
                    quote Plain Busted:

Thanks Drake,

Like you said, I got the smell of the nitro fumes again too. Brings back some great times. It is really nice to have this forum in this very tough time of our world. Every day now I remember more and more of those times and cars at Dover and also at the match races that Dave Hodgman and myself went to with Plain Busted at other tracks. Many, many stories to be told. I enjoyed all of your cars.

Andy Panessa

HEY ANDY…YOU/DAVE/”PLAIN BUSTED”…ALWAYS A CLASS ACT…AND BAD “JOSE’S” IN THE PERFORMANCE DEPARTMENT AS WELL!!!…YOU’RE SO RIGHT…THESE ARE TRULY TROUBLED TIMES…MAYBE LIKE AN OLD “ROMANCE” THOSE SO-CALLED “OLD DAZE” JUST SEEM SO MUCH LESS COMPLICATED!!! I GUESS WE CAN “EMBRACE” THAT WE ALL WERE A PART OF IT… AND THE “GOOD NEWS” IS THIS SITE GIVES THE OPPORTUNITY TO SHARE & ENJOY THOSE TIMES,STORIES,MEMORIES…AND MAYBE HONOR SOME REALLY GOOD PEOPLE…THAT WERE PART OF THE “ERA”…AND NO LONGER ALIVE…THANX AGAIN,ANDY FOR ALL YOUR EFFORTS…LOOKING FORWARD TO MORE PHOTOS,STORIES OF ALL… 😀 😀 😀 DRAKE

anonymous

Hi,

How about a AWB Chevy II with a 409 in it.

Andy

Attachments:

vbob
                        Participant

Heres a couple
                            ‘V’Bob

Attachments:

vindicator
                            Participant
                                quote video Bob:

Heres a couple
                                ‘V’Bob

HEY BOB…MAN… YOU HAVE PICTURES…GREAT STUFF…”SEEING” THE THE “FRANTIC FORD”…CAR BRINGS BACK GOOD MEMORIES FOR SURE…AND SOME SAD MEMORY AS WELL…I HAD GOTTEN PRETTY FRIENDLY WITH “DODGER” GLENN & HIS WIFE CATHY…THEY WERE GENUINE “SALT OF THE EARTH” PEOPLE…DODGER WAS A RACER…A “RACER’S” RACER…JUST TRYING TO GET BY…WEEK TO WEEK…TO CONTINUE WITH HIS PASSION/ADDICTION (FUNNY CAR RACER)…IT WAS AN AWFUL NIGHT @ MAPLE GROVE…AND WE ALL KNEW IT WAS REALLY A BAD “ACCIDENT”…I GUESS THERE’S A “REASON” WHY SOME LOSE THEIR LIVES’ WAY, WAY TOO YOUNG…WE ALL “KNOW” THAT THERE IS A INHERIT DANGER IN MOTORSPORTS…IT JUST REALLY,REALLY, HURTS THINKING EVEN TODAY ABOUT DODGER…HIS VERY YOUNG KIDS’ LOSING THEIR DAD…CATHY…HEY, IT WAS A LONG TIME AGO…I GUESS I SHOULD “GET OVER IT”…I’VE “ACCUMLATED” A FAIR SIZED “LIST” OVER THE LAST 50 YEARS DRAG RACING…EVERYDAY, THEY ARE SOMEHOW STILL IN MY THOUGHTS…IF IT WASN’T ON THE “RACE-TRACK”…IT WAS TO SOME SORT OF ILLNESS…WAY TOO YOUNG..SO HEY…ENOUGH OF A OL’ GEEZER’S “EULOGY”…IT’S BEEN 50 YEARS OF AN AWFUL, AWFUL LOT OF GOOD…IN ALL WAYS..I’M TRULY GRATEFUL TO YOU FOR PRETTY MUCH… DAILY…BRINGIN’ “BACK” THE GOOD!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 DRAKE VISCOME

bossguy

Drake, Andy, Anybody? I think Bernie Kaufman who had something to do with the Dobbs Ferry Ford T-Bolt had told me years ago that the Far Rockaway Ford T-bolt was the former Dobbs Ferry Ford Car that was cut up for a straight front axle and cammer to go match racing with. He was trying to find the car. Anybody remember? Thanks, Jack Karl

anonymous

i worked with bennie kaufman at moroso in greenwich, ct. in the late 60,s

bobby-s

bossguy, Bobby Schlegel here with some more info, hope this helps some, as mentioned earlier on the forum my brother usto work for Dobbs Ferry Ford and I posted some pictures of the car infront of the dealer ship, I’ve been interested for any up to date info on that t-bolt but have not gotten a sure answer as of yet. below is Craigs responce,
                                            thanks for your time, Bobby S.

here is some info I got from Craig Sutton who has a T- Bolt site listed at the end of his responce,
                                            —————
                                            Bobby,
                                            That lineage was correct but continues beyond Far Rockaway. Unfortunately it was wrecked in a towing accident and destroyed. I have 2 photos of the car on my site. That’s fine if you want to send them a link. Direct link to page with photos:

http://www.angelfire.com/hi/427fairlane/assortedimages.html

Link to home page – http://www.thunderbolt.cc

Craig

vindicator
                                            Participant

😀 😀 😀 HEY GUYS…HERE’S A ‘LIL “INFO” (PROBABLY VERY LITTLE!!) ON THE DOBBS FERRY THUNDERBOLT…TWO GUYS…BOB BOWEN…JERRY CAMINITO (LATER WENT ON TO HAVE PRETTY GOOD SUCCESS IN A NITRO FUNNY CAR…ANDY/PLAIN BUSTED MAYBE CAN LOOK HIM UP FOR YA’) WHEN JERRY HAD THE CAR IT WAS PAINTED PEPTO-BISMAL PINK!!! THE CAR HAD ALTERED WHEEELBASE AND THE SOHC MOTOR…(HIS EARLY CARS WERE CALLED “HOLESHOT”)…I JUST DON’T RECALL WHETHER BOB & JERRY WERE “PARTNERS” IN THE CAR …OR THEY OWNED IT IN SUCCESSION ONE AFTER OTHER…THE CAR WAS “TOTALED” (SUPPOSEDLY) IN A TOWING ACCIDENT OUT ON THE ISLAND…JERRY PUT THE SOHC DEAL IN LOGGHE STAMPING/’69 MUSTANG FLIP-TOP FC.. AND WENT ON FROM THERE…I KNOW FAR ROCKAWAY FORD WAS INVOLVED WITH BOB BOWEN…HE MIGHT HAVE WORKED THERE AS SERVICE MANAGER… THEN HAD HIS OWN HI-PO SHOP (SUPERSCARS LTD.???) IF MEMORY (KIND’A FADED) SERVES ME …KNOWING…MY MAN ANDY/PLAIN BUSTED..HE COULD LOCATE JERRY CAMINITO…BELIEVE HE LIVES IN NEW JERSEY NOW…JUST KNOW I CAN’T RUN FOR “POLITICAL OFFICE”…WITH GUYS’ LIKE ANDY AROUND!!!! TOO MANY SKELETONS’ “IN THE CLOSET”…AND HE FINDS ‘EM ALL…!!! HE’S AWFULLY GOOD @ COMIN’ UP WITH THE NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE…AND I THINK I CAN “SPEAK” FOR ALL…MUCH APPRECIATED…HE’S A MAJOR “PLUS” TO THIS SITE…DRAKE VISCOME 😀 😀 😀

dino
                                                Keymaster

Our Drake 😆 😆 😆 Lots of Facts, Lots of Fun…keep it coming !I think Andy could tell you what you had for breakfast last Tues ….. And he still has his Captian Midnight Decoder ring too.

anonymous

Some more old funny cars for a rainy NY Saturday afternoon.

Andy Panessa

Attachments:

cullyflower
                                                            quote vindicator:

😀 😀 😀 HEY GUYS…HERE’S A ‘LIL “INFO” (PROBABLY VERY LITTLE!!) ON THE DOBBS FERRY THUNDERBOLT…TWO GUYS…BOB BOWEN…JERRY CAMINITO (LATER WENT ON TO HAVE PRETTY GOOD SUCCESS IN A NITRO FUNNY CAR…ANDY/PLAIN BUSTED MAYBE CAN LOOK HIM UP FOR YA’) WHEN JERRY HAD THE CAR IT WAS PAINTED PEPTO-BISMAL PINK!!! THE CAR HAD ALTERED WHEEELBASE AND THE SOHC MOTOR…(HIS EARLY CARS WERE CALLED “HOLESHOT”)…I JUST DON’T RECALL WHETHER BOB & JERRY WERE “PARTNERS” IN THE CAR …OR THEY OWNED IT IN SUCCESSION ONE AFTER OTHER…THE CAR WAS “TOTALED” (SUPPOSEDLY) IN A TOWING ACCIDENT OUT ON THE ISLAND…JERRY PUT THE SOHC DEAL IN LOGGHE STAMPING/’69 MUSTANG FLIP-TOP FC.. AND WENT ON FROM THERE…I KNOW FAR ROCKAWAY FORD WAS INVOLVED WITH BOB BOWEN…HE MIGHT HAVE WORKED THERE AS SERVICE MANAGER… THEN HAD HIS OWN HI-PO SHOP (SUPERSCARS LTD.???) IF MEMORY (KIND’A FADED) SERVES ME …KNOWING…MY MAN ANDY/PLAIN BUSTED..HE COULD LOCATE JERRY CAMINITO…BELIEVE HE LIVES IN NEW JERSEY NOW…JUST KNOW I CAN’T RUN FOR “POLITICAL OFFICE”…WITH GUYS’ LIKE ANDY AROUND!!!! TOO MANY SKELETONS’ “IN THE CLOSET”…AND HE FINDS ‘EM ALL…!!! HE’S AWFULLY GOOD @ COMIN’ UP WITH THE NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE…AND I THINK I CAN “SPEAK” FOR ALL…MUCH APPRECIATED…HE’S A MAJOR “PLUS” TO THIS SITE…DRAKE VISCOME 😀 😀 😀

Jerry Caminito website http://www.bluthunder.com

anonymous

Hi Drake,
                                                                Jerry is living in Jackson N.J.. I will send you his telephone#. Jerry also had the Holeshot II Comet FC
                                                                back in 1969 and was featured in the November issue of SUPER STOCK & FX. On Friday the 13th, May 1994, Jerry crashed his Blue Thunder FC in one of the sports worst crashes. I attached some photo’s that I think you will enjoy.

Regards
                                                                Andy Panessa

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.