On the trail

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR On the trail

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    don-kauer
        quote patina:

I gather your not talking about the Yankee’s loss 🙁 🙁 🙁

Pat (Mets fan anyway)

Coming from a long time dyed in the wool Yankees fan (since Mantle days) they got what they deserved.. 👿 …..Cashman, wrong choices…….Bought bad pitching (AJ and Vasquez)……….Girardi..Total wrong pitching choices………..Final game facing elim. , CC, good for 40 pitches and waiting in the bull pen, down by 2 he puts Robinson in….. 😕 ……WTF!!!!!!!!!!! He’s been doing this crap all season……They totally deserve this……..Good pitching WINS every time…..I will not spend money to be at Yankee Stadium again until we have a full compliment of starting pitching and a reliable bull pen………….CC, Petit, Hughes and Mariano….Get people like these guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 🙂

frank-j-majauskas
        Participant

Hey brother Don. I guess BIG money doesn’t buy everything ! 🙂 🙂 🙂
            Frank…

dino
            Keymaster
                quote storm king:

…and there was no joy in Muddville last night…

….I’d say They Just didn’t find that certin car they were tracking down .Basebal not the issue

maso
                Participant
                    quote storm king:

…and there was no joy in Muddville last night…

Hay King…

We have our own version of that right here on Dover Drag Strip Dot Com. Go see: http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1177

😀

storm-king

That’s good, Maso! Nice piece of work.
                        What’s a “breakout’? That doesn’t have anything to do with racing, does it? 🙄

maso
                        Participant
                            quote storm king:

That’s good, Maso! Nice piece of work.
                            What’s a “breakout’? That doesn’t have anything to do with racing, does it? 🙄

Not really..

But Ernest Thayer’s 1888 “Casey” had a “Strike Out”… so naturally, Maso’s Casey had to “Break Out” just to line up the two poems in a parrallel sort of way. That’s called “Poetic Licence”, I had to do it…! I hope you liked it.

By now, I guess my old friend Artie Dromgoole didn’t make the Bowling Green event this year and the Yankees are playimg on the Golf Course for the rest of the baseball season. That’s life…eh…?!

dino
                            Keymaster
                                quote storm king:

Well, Bill and I got some interesting information yesterday at the Goodguys event in Bowling Green.
                                Next weekend we’re headed to an obscure drag strip in Tennessee on the trail of something near and dear to us…

Ok…Started out With ‘Near And dear to Us” So ..WHAT WAS IT !

storm-king

We ain’t done yet. Think we’ll keep it close to pocket until we see some results. Not hard to figure out though.
                                    Had a nice chat with John laboose (Loose Caboose). His old cars are real work horses, but they hook and go and are super consistant.

dino
                                    Keymaster

Keep at it ! …Figured …you were tracking down the Original-legendary ” Storm King” ………how Kool would that Be?

tomblake
                                        Participant

Hey storm king……..is Laboose still racing? We used to see him at many of the division 2 and national events. He was a racer we would hope run in the final and not before so you could make the finals. Always wanted to stay away from those green cars from Rome GA. He was one of the best racers around. He was always good in S/G and S/C.

storm-king

Yes, Tom, John is still racing, two cars at a time! He runs his old 024/Omni/Horizon fastback and a Laser/Daytona in pro and super pro.
                                                His son runs two dragsters with Indy engines.
                                                John’s cars run like they’re on rails!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.