Original ’67 Buick Dealers Group "Ingenue" F/C returns…!

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls Original ’67 Buick Dealers Group "Ingenue" F/C returns…!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    musclecarjohn

Hey guys,

Just stumbled upon your fine site and I thought I’d introduce myself. 🙂

My name is John Lipori and I own the original Buick Dealers Group 1967 Skylark GS400 funny car that my dad originally built at his shop Brooklyn Speed & Machine in NY.
        I saw a couple of pics posted here of her when she ran at NY National but I know for a fact that the car ran @ Dover because I spoke with the 3rd driver of the car (Bruce Bohen) and he confirmed that…Dino being the announcer can probably chime in on that.

For a quick recap,there were only 2 of these bodies constructed by Ron Pellegrini (who I chat with regularly as well) of Fiberglass Limited fame,one that Ron ran himself in a Hemi-powered creation called SuperBird (long gone) and the other for Ingenue which was powered by a 8-71 blown 430 Wildcat on nitro backed by a TH-400 trans and Wildcat rear w/2.90 gears.The chassis is a chrome moly copy of a Logghe constructed by BS&M.

Three drivers piloted Ingenue,”Coney Island” Ralph Landolphi was the original driver (1967),followed by “Rapid Red” Lang (’67)and then finally and most successfully by Bruce Bohen (1967-’69) who eventually ran a best of 7.79 @ 191 mph.

It sat in a warehouse in NJ for many years before it ended up getting sold at the Englishtown swap meet then eventually to a guy named Nick Hardie who semi-restored it before finally deciding to sell me the car in November of 2009.My plan is to fully restore it and return it to cackle-mode but I’ll need to move the musclecar collection first to free up some funds…I also have my dad’s last AA/GD also built in 1967 to restore as well,that car was run under the Malise & Lipori banner and ran all over the country until late 1970 when we decided to move to California.

What I have that is original to the car is the chassis,body,blower,manifold,rearend,wheels and front tires.

Having this car back in the family means the world to me and if anyone has any memories or pictures of it to share,I’d sure be interested in seeing/hearing them.

Anyway,thanks for having me,I have plenty of pictures of Ingenue through the years….anyone want to see them? 🙄

dino
        Keymaster

Welcome To Forum JOHN..!…Saw you at The Henderson Hall Of Fame thing this past fall. Here’s the shot of it, I took guys ….to refresh your Memory.Sure Need you to put the old Girl on display at our Aug. Events .

Attachments:

musclecarjohn

Cool Dino,I see your from NC so I wondered if you attended Nancy’s event…then I figured out EVERYONE attends Nancy’s event! 😀

Do you recall the car running @ Dover?

I will check out your August event,I’m planning on doing the CHRR this year but unsure of anything else,Nancy would like us to return to her show,so much so that she put us on the artwork for next years event…quite the honor!

dino
                Keymaster

Not sure if the Buick made it to Dover…No photos come to mind…And I am “custodian” of over 4000 now. Search them a lot. Ralph DID run the Anglia at Dover …doing Very well, by winning one of our Altered Showdowns and making the cover of Drag Times.See this topic for the info:

Re: New to forum – Mr-Shine

musclecarjohn

It was nice to Ralphie and Billy/Bobby Lynch after all these years…my dad hadn’t seen them in over 40 years.
                        Billy just had both knees replaced in december and is getting around much easier.

I see that Ralphie article mentioned Richie Shott and the Shott Bros from Carmel,NY winning T/G that day,my dad ran with them in a 6-car AA/GD circuit that toured the Northeast,here’s the brouchure they handed out to the track promoters:

Dad’s car,Malise & Lipori (still have it):

Shott Bros BBC:

Lynch Bros:

Joe Gerdleman & Eric Fooder:

John Levins & Holly Santos:

Ed Moses & Bill Pecorale:

Back cover:

Got plenty more pictures too…

dino
                        Keymaster

John…Thanks man…in the Brochure a lot of shots at Dover.I’l do a Little photo editting to clean them up…If you want…Send in the mail your photos …I’ll scan at Hi resolution and edit nice & send them back.OR scan at at least 300dpi & E-Mail to me .Heres Lynch at Dover retouched -Up

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster

John ….another trick with this forum and a reminder to eveyone….Use the search feature…over 2500 topics now in 3 years …put in Lynch-Landolphi- or ? and you’ll probably find it Already here.

dino
                                Keymaster

John …Found this …might be of interest to you :
                                    by Dragalley on Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:44 pm
                                    “Used to race against Richie and Gill in the late 60’s/early 70’s when they had their single and double engine Chevy AA/GD’s. Any idea where they are these days? I’ve been trying to find pictures of their dragsters but to no avail.
                                    Thanx
                                    Dragalley”
                                    (crew member on the Carbon Express AA/GD of Moses & Pecorale out of NJ)
                                    See Richie & Gil Shott topic…Oh —“Shottgun Express” in search, is a trip!
                                    Pacers on here too
                                    ………Just noticed -YOU’RE IN California?…that where the car is? you towed it to N.C.?

musclecarjohn
                                        quote dinotheweirdo:

………Just noticed -YOU’RE IN California?…that where the car is? you towed it to N.C.?

Yeah Dino…coast-to-coast…about 5900 miles in 2 weeks,first time out with the car.
                                        Really needed 3 weeks,too much traveling each day,we were averaging about 750-800 miles/day towing a trailer just basically stopping for fuel & food.

We had a fantastic time though and would go again in a heartbeat,everyone treated us so kindly and Nancy Wilson is a sweetheart!

dino
                                        Keymaster

heres one for ya,john:

Re: Dover Drag Strip Location

musclecarjohn

THANKS for that Dino(!),I remember that race…we went out for fried chicken & pasta after that win! 🙂

Got any more…?

PS: I forwarded those to both Steve Malise & Billy Lynch!

babycakes
                                                Participant

Question John or perhaps Dino.What does the word ‘INGENUE’ mean or stand for on the Buick’s rear quarter?

vbob
                                                    Participant

HEY
                                                        Pete, I asked John S. the same question the other day!
                                                        ‘V’
                                                        http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ingenue

babycakes
                                                        Participant

Hey Bob,thanks,now I know what it means.It sounded ‘French’.

dino
                                                            Keymaster

My guess its a Sponsor or they named the car that…Fashion Magazine with that name ….But John must know .eh?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.