Original ’67 Buick Dealers Group "Ingenue" F/C returns…!

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls Original ’67 Buick Dealers Group "Ingenue" F/C returns…!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    musclecarjohn
        quote dinotheweirdo:

My guess its a Sponsor or they named the car that…Fashion Magazine with that name ….But John must know .eh?

Yes,Steve Malise’s wife Suzette was French-Canadian and it was her who coined the name Ingenue (or On-Gen-New)…it means a young,naive woman uncertain with the ways of the world….pretty much describes Ingenue exactly as she hit the very early funny car scene in 1967 with an unproven BBB powerplant and an obscure body.

All the drag cars in those days had some sort of nickname,the only “sponsor” the car had at the time was from the 19 NY Buick dealers who ponied up $1,000 each to help fund the build…ahhh,simpler times!

I hated the name at the time (I was just 10) but now I think it’s the coolest…thanks again Suzette! 😀

dino
        Keymaster

Just to show you whats in the ODF galleries…Heres Steve ready to stage at Dover 😆

Attachments:

musclecarjohn
                quote dinotheweirdo:

Just to show you whats in the ODF galleries…Heres Steve ready to stage at Dover 😆

I actually do have that O’Shea photo Dino,along with a few others I just picked up when we stopped by Steve’s home in VA on the way home from NC in Oct,I just never realized that those were taken @ Dover.
                Since you posted dragster pictures,here’s a few more from the Malise & Lipori collection dating back to the original Comp car which Steve wishes he had back.