Our BRIAN at Woodstock AnniversaryConcert Today

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Our BRIAN at Woodstock AnniversaryConcert Today

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Yep It’s the Anniversary this weekend and our intripid ‘historian’ is So into it. His Father went BUT dicided to go racing at Island today Instead ! .So Brian is on the scene….said former performers will crank up tonight….Mountain, Canned Heat, Jefferson Airplane, John Sabastian-Lovin Spoonful,….wow -just those names take ya back ! …He’ll have a full report -Photos Maso will enjoy !

paul-ceasrine

Enjoy Brian,

And stay away from the brown acid, it is particularly a bad trip.

I CAME UPON A CHILD OF GOD,
            HE WAS WALKING ALONG THE ROAD
            AND I ASKED, TELL ME, WHERE ARE YOU GOING,
            THIS HE TOLD ME

SAID, I’M GOING DOWN TO CHET AND JOE’S STRIP
            GONNA JOIN IN A SUPER STOCK SHOW
            GOT TO GET BACK TO THE LAND OF DOVER,
            TO SET MY SOUL FREE

Paul

dino
            Keymaster

WHOA …Whats Paul sprinkling on his Rice Krispies today? Now old Video Bob could help us …what with he’s got saved in his FootLocker in the Attic.

dino
                Keymaster

HERE”S all About It…(Link Below)….Friday Brian Met With Michael Lang (original Promoter)At a Book signing ! and Brian told him about the Film footage…. that Brian supplied to the Woodstock Museum And he was Very interested in Brian’s find of uneditted original footage…so much so He’s going to meet with him soon (He actually lives now -near Brian) He Might Even Show up here on our Forum at Brian’s suggestion .New Fictional Movie coming out “Finding WoodStock” Our guys saw the filming on the way To Lebanon Valley last Year (Search -> Woodstock,you’ll find it)

Heres a News Video With Michael:
                    http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5238413n&tag=cbsnewsVideoArea;cbsnewsVideoArea.0

……………………..Meanwhile 40 years ago TODAY…I said at 10 am “The Staging lanes are now open gentleman…Bring ’em on down ”

HERES MY FAVORITE ………http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH9IgJZCx4c “Our Generation”

*last Item for AUG 16 history……..one year after Dover closes …Same day as Woodstock: Elvis Dies in 1977 ❓

paul-ceasrine

DINO,

Joni Mitchell sprinkled a little of the DOVER MAGIC DUST on my Rice Krispies.
                        OK, Here’s one for you. (1969 circa). One of those Volkswagons (V/S. W/S or X/S) that used to race at Dover, had lettered on the back cowl “Powered By; Rice Krispies”.
                        Not sure if you lettered it. Had Cob-webbing sprayed on the rear side-window panels.
                        Dark-blue paint job.
                        At the end of the track (last bleachers) we would bet $5.00 (Big-spenders) to see if he would go under/over the 19.00 E.T barrier. I still don’t know what was funnier, your German accent or the VW power-shifting. Anyway, we all went nuts when he hit a 18.99. Loved that single-tube header sticking out the back 😯
                        We nicknamed him Hippie Freak. At intermssion he would drive over to the spectator side, up on the rock out-croppings at the back left hill area. Drink Boone’s Farm Apple Wine
                        and smoke Mother Nature. Then come back with his tape-deck blasting, usually
                        Grand Funk. What a trip 😆
                        Think the guy worked at King Neptune, on Route 7 Danbury/Ridgefield border. The guy must have smoked the Lobster and King Crab shells 😛

Paul

dino
                        Keymaster

Ok Stop …Im gonna pee on the keyboard laughing.—————-> you’ll like my latest post -Music from your Dover Days…Remember that Hippie time…Neri And Me …Put on his Ad-man chevy II trunk …”Butterflies Are Free” sounded “Groovy” ..didn’t have a clue what it stood for…saw it on a Psychadelic Poster …”FAR OUT MAN”..All Tony ever said.

paul-ceasrine

DINO,

Yes the “AD MAN” cool car and fantastic lettering. Many guys had strange names for cars, but that was Cool 😎 anyway.
                                I’m glad you got a kick out of the VW guy.
                                One Sunday it rained in the early afternoon, and racing was halted. Hippie Freak covered his engine compartment with a plastic cover to prevent the rain from coming in. Well as the rain stopped, you made an announcement over the P.A. for all the stockers to head down to the starting line, to help dry out the track. You knew this was coming. Of course Hippie Freak starts up the VW, but forgets to remove the plastic cover. It gets sucked into the
                                engine compartment and wraps itself around the engine like a BOA CONSTRICTOR 😯
                                Took us about an hour to help him remove the melted plastic. CLASSIC 🙄

Love Paulie
                                ……………Ad-Man for His and his Dad’s Advertising Specialties Sales Bus….My first shot at Custom Paint AND lettering on same car….http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=116&p=6391&hilit=Neri#p6391

Brian Took Photos At WOODSTOCK…as we get back On Topic…Problem is ,might be cell phone photos…Also has shots of Him and Lang at Book signing [edit dino]

dino
                                Keymaster

BRIAN HAS A REQUEST ! ..This week a Number times on differant channels is a Great Show “Woodstock,then And Now” Tonight at midnight on History Channel and on VH1 …Wed -1:30am,Thurs at Midnight and Fri at 11pm…BRIAN WOULD LOVE TO HAVE Someone RECORD it on DVD…He Doesn’t have a DVD burner …contact him if ya can help him out .He says thanks in advance .contact him at his profile …user name: dover1320 He’ll be on here later

hvy70ss
                                    Participant

OK…I went to the Woodstock Reunion too. Got some cool pics tailgating before the show. Sort of a VW and van show. Should I post ’em? Anyone interested??

Bobby Smith

dino
                                        Keymaster

Go For it …Far Out , right on , turn on, tune in, drop out, groovy Man 😀
                                            Here’s afew From Bobby..he’s wearing the Who shirt

Attachments:

paul-ceasrine

Hey Bob Smith,

Did IRON BUTTERFLY finally show up 😆 😆

Paul

hvy70ss
                                                Participant

Paul….Bummer man, their VW tour bus blew a motor on the Thruway. When the state police stopped to help they took all of those pretty little “M & M’s” away from them. Ain’t heard nothin’ since that. Damn Feds!!

Bob Smith 😆

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Just Got Brian’s Photos From this thing…Cool…Happy Drive THEN and Now…And In the Woodstock Movie opening scenes the guy at the Last Chance Says “The Kids Are Nice” ..Bar still there ,Brian at the door.Like the sign about 40 years …Sounds like us with Dover .

Attachments:

dover1320

The whole day was very cool first thing in the morning i fired up my stereo with that music from 40 years ago to the the minute. The site is one hour away we loaded the cooler with the essentials for any hippsters long day stockin’ . we went to all the spots in the film and the bar that the old guy was talking from in the movie . Canned Heat was the best they played like it was 69′. They were all good when the sun went down and cooled off the chicks were dancing and the J’s burning it was happening all over again . Brian.

paul-ceasrine

BRIAN,

Nice photo’s. Is that Gulf Gas Station still there. Went up to Bethel in 72′. Some of the towns people were still pissed. Still upset over the milk that could not get trucked out of town.
                                                                Nothing like crying over some spilled milk 😆 😆
                                                                Never made it to the 69′ show. Too young.
                                                                My neighbor Jim Asai did. Left after Mountain performed (prime time slot Saturday night).
                                                                He went to college out on the Island, Mountain’s (Leslie West home-base), and followed the band. Actually, they were called “The Vagrants”, before changing their name.
                                                                His main claim to fame, is that he missed the rain, and didn’t get wet, because he went to his Uncle’s summer house in Calicoon (1/2 hour northwest of Bethel). Went back to the
                                                                site a couple of days later, on his way back home. Found nothing but mud, hippies,
                                                                wet sleeping bags, and a few upset towns-people. Oh! and a beautiful empy stage.

FREE JOHN SINCLAIR. ……………….”get Off the ******** stage” (my boy -Pete)…edit-dino

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.