‘PRO NOSTALGIA’ ELIMINATOR -possible option

Forums Forums NOSTALGIA DRAGS 3rd Annual Dover Drag Strip NOSTALGIA DRAGS -2 0 1 1 ‘PRO NOSTALGIA’ ELIMINATOR -possible option

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Billy Masiello’s concept .Maybe we can start something! heres His Idea;

“I have an idea and would like to know what you guy’s think ? some sort of a pro nostalgia eliminator . Fastest 16 cars , anything goes Blowers Nitrous Dragsters Funny cars Altereds gassers 3 qualifying runs 2 on sat 1 on sunday .If you do not qualify you can run one of the other eliminators . It would be run on a bracket type format dial your own e.t. 5tenths stagerd pro tree I would be willing to try and find some sponsors for this and will buy the trophy’s I think this could be a really cool deal side by side 7 or 6 second qualifying !”
        …………..”Its YOUR Race ” -lets hear it . Hit the other forums-facebook and see how it flies.Have them check -in at this topic. Billy …Have a cut-off of 7sec or faster ?.

dino
        Keymaster

I see a JACKET to the Winner of this one!

hvy70ss
            Participant

Hell yeah!! Now were talkin’ Let’s do a head count now and see what we get. I say 8 car min. field to do it..will give 3 rounds of eliminations on Sunday. Maybe raise the ET break to to 8.00 or 9.00 based on interest. I for one love a ProTree start as fan and as a racer but some may like the old .5 tenths “countdown”. Today is “Election Day”……get your votes in on this one!!

Smitty

hvy70ss
                Participant

If this gets too big there will be no time for every class, club, index,car show or “rock band” to get their 15 minutes of fame that weekend. The event HAS to be controlled. Growth is not always a good thing. What we are trying to do is cover every angle of the Dover “feel”. 2 days @ Island worked for some..for others it did not ($$$$). Reality is, sad to say, us ODF’s are getting few and far between.
                    How many people would show up if it was only open to Dover former racers only? I’ll tell you an issue Dino and I had to settle back at the first event. We set this up originally as cars up to 1976 only (Dover closed in ’76). Better than 1/2 of former Dover racers had cars later than ’76. I am talking about some of today’s stock and super stock racers. We came up with “Dover New” for ’76 and up. My point here is we need to be flexible with both old and new ideas to keep the interest up. If Smokey/Grover weren’t flexible with the Dover reunion and car show it would have never lasted this long. I DO agree, mixing it up with other organizations will get us “lost in the sauce”. As long as I am involved, this will always be a Dover Nostalgia Drags Revival….not a “warm-up band” for a main event.

Smitty

dino
                    Keymaster

Go For It Billy…Can’t Consider it til ya got the info together.

dino
                        Keymaster

I already BTW, Have agreement with the track that this Weekend WILL be Billed As THE 3Rd Annual DOVER DRAG STRIP Nostalgia Drags ….”featuring” ( On the Main Stage)…The Dover Guys From Past & Present …doing it again after 36 years…”With” as extra added attraction -“the other Stuff”.
                            Read what Richie Head just told me at The Official Rules topic

*SAT._Time Trials,Fun & Grudge,test & Tune , GAMBLERS RACE -CAR SHOW -NETO RACE
                            get there early.

hvy70ss
                            Participant

Cool…..Now, can we start to get a count of racers interested in racing Maso’s “PRO NOSTALGIA ELIMINATOR’? If the interest is there we’ll make it happen. 😀

Smitty

patina
                                Participant

Hey everybody Billy, Mikey, Dino, all of the ODFs the idea of Billys is a good one as far as I’m concerned even though Brother Mike and I won’t be in it (11.00) I would like to see a group of fast cars at this race, FEDs like Billys maybe some funnycars they were at Dover. If this event wants to go on to a 4th, 5th, 10th. it has to grow we cannot go on with the dwindling numbers in our small group. I’m not advocating running rice rockets but what I said in an earlier post about the Hot Rod Reunion, we set the rules and work within those parameters. Sooner or later Dover will be running out of original Dover race cars we have to keep the spirit of Dover and Drag Racing alive and have this event grow so that we can pass the history of Dover along.

Pat

mikey
                                        quote patina:

Hey everybody Billy, Mikey, Dino, all of the ODFs the idea of Billys is a good one as far as I’m concerned even though Brother Mike and I won’t be in it (11.00) I would like to see a group of fast cars at this race, FEDs like Billys maybe some funnycars they were at Dover. If this event wants to go on to a 4th, 5th, 10th. it has to grow we cannot go on with the dwindling numbers in our small group. I’m not advocating running rice rockets but what I said in an earlier post about the Hot Rod Reunion, we set the rules and work within those parameters. Sooner or later Dover will be running out of original Dover race cars we have to keep the spirit of Dover and Drag Racing alive and have this event grow so that we can pass the history of Dover along.

Pat

I agree, I just wanted to voice my opinion. If it all can come together, and it’s geared to DOVER, I’m in. I basically wanted to say that I want it to be us, not the other things outnumbering us to the point of losing the DDS theme.

tomatohead
                                        Participant

…. GUYS GUYS GUYS ❗ remember a lot of the guys that were at the 2nd race left sun to go to a GASSER thing and some were at Lebanon , I Think for something esle , I Think , and “DINO” said billing is “3rd” DOVER RACE ❗ and I feel like “MIKEY” does , not wanting to be “second” , but I dont Think we have to worry 😀 ……. DINO is still working everything “IN” 😀 …….. cant wait ❗

dino
                                            Keymaster

Fast cars -YES…and maybe a match race or two….Lot of things were going same day as us .Just go to Jim Knights Photo website and click on Sept.26 at Lebanon .You’ll see what was running same day as us…Bunch of NETO,and Nostalgia New England guys in the Cap Area Nostalgia elims.Expect ALL those guys Plus More, I’m drumming up, to run with us in our Dover Elims. Billys Fast guy deal a Nice Filler .Also all the no shows from the First Race (DoverGuys) will be back.

dino
                                                Keymaster

Billy…..Only 16 right? thats only 4 rounds 16>8 8>4 4>2 Final …MAYBE 8 ?I’m trying to look at the “Big Picture” from say a spectator view. Some will come Sat ….Ok- plenty going on with the Dover guys ….TT,gamblers ,’grudge matches,Show And a Neto Race.then sun ….Neto Race & Our Race…with your idea AND maybe a exhibition or Match Race .. From what Iv’e seen run in the past there….there’s all these differant groups and mixed up elims.running for two days.We’ll get it nice & organized.Expect other groups to come on board (NETO IN) and have them ‘Melt into Neto Or Us. I’ll see what the East Coast Gassers have to say. I like your simple approuch qualify and AND “PRO” aspect .Those that Don’t qualify have the other stuff to fail back on. See what you can drum up as far as favorable response and the trophy sponsor thing.I can help on our end too.As A matter of fact – Seperate Heading hereto keep thing neat and organized .

patina
                                                    Participant

Billy I have one vote for a 8.49 and better to qualify 😈

Pat

fitter52

hey guys i kinda agree ….lets not turn this into an e-town sunday with too many classes tryin to run…..but whatever u guys agree on is fine with this eastchester kid

tomatohead
                                                            Participant

Billy , I like the idea 💡 ❗ and I think we can all enjoy the show too ❗ …… besides I want to see YOU WIN ❗ AND SO DOES “SPEED” ❗ ❗ …TWO days , no problem … …. ….. …………… pretty soon EVERYBODY s gonna want to run THIS race 😀 come on DINO whip it into shape ❗ 😀 …… and MIKEY you hang out with me 😯 , I ll keep you company 😀 ❗

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.