‘PRO NOSTALGIA’ ELIMINATOR -possible option

Forums Forums NOSTALGIA DRAGS 3rd Annual Dover Drag Strip NOSTALGIA DRAGS -2 0 1 1 ‘PRO NOSTALGIA’ ELIMINATOR -possible option

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

To do this …ya need to get a field of interested entries…Billy knows them better than anyone.BUT we already have Neto-Gassers and Our Eliminators.this could work. Lets see some cars.

mikey
            quote Tomatohead:

Billy , I like the idea 💡 ❗ and I think we can all enjoy the show too ❗ …… besides I want to see YOU WIN ❗ AND SO DOES “SPEED” ❗ ❗ …TWO days , no problem … …. ….. …………… pretty soon EVERYBODY s gonna want to run THIS race 😀 come on DINO whip it into shape ❗ 😀 …… and MIKEY you hang out with me 😯 , I ll keep you company 😀 ❗

OK, Mater, it’s you and me!! 😆

hvy70ss
            Participant

Mornin’ Guys,
                I’d go with a “Quick 8” format. 3 rounds ….8-4-2 You’ll get a spectator pleasing Pro-Nostalgia class with a only 8 cars and it’s over fast, not taking up too much time. We could have a 9.00 ET minimum or 8.00 if enough fast cars are into it. What do ya think?

Smitty

dino
                Keymaster

Smitty… I Concor …Quick 8 …Down & dirty…Ok Billy….gets those interested to “Raise Their Hands” Need a RSVP to impliment.

dino
                    Keymaster

Yo …Cool Aid Kid Billy~!….whats the response so far with your ‘guys’ ?

mikey

How fast is the Dover Tribute Willy’s now? Paul got into the 8s at Island, right? How about 9.0 and quicker? 😆 🙄

dino
                            Keymaster

YO BILLY ….Dover To Billy …Please Come in

dino
                                Keymaster

Billy and I have comunicated on this…Not much response and it was on Jalopy Journal AND Yellow Bullit…So We’re switching gears here and Pushing Comp eliminator ….old skool Dover style. Blown altered and gassers …Altered of course…A-B & C “Jr. Fuelers and all the Unblown dragsters…..the more front motor the better…I’m putting the word out to The Southern Slingshots and others lke them.IF and I say IF …we get enough Blown Dragsters …we’ll go TOP Elim( Gas-Alky)…
                                    Nitro.. would be rare-Top Fuel

masracingtd1167
                                    Participant

Ithink you are right Dino Dover comp will be fun I just hope we can get more dragsters and alterd’sto come I think Digger Dave should enter the powder puff eliminator!

patina
                                        Participant

When it comes to race day we line the cars up according to classes (somewhat) then winners of class (somewhat) run of for eliminator, so that during class racing you don’t have Billy M running me(lets say). I should run with all the altereds, roadsters. Dragsters all run each other until there is one left. I know we have beaten this to death but lets put on a “Good Show”.

Pat

dino
                                            Keymaster

Won’t have Class Eliminations BUT Will Pair Up similair Cars ,like you Said ,to make it “Look Right” . Gotta Do it …..As far into rounds as possible. As They said in some Movie about Submarines…”I CONCOR”

mikey

If you do it on a “dial in” basis, it could be fun too. Pat and I could run against some faster guys and they would have to catch us, The Dover Willy’s would fit right in. And we might even have to catch some guys. I’m just interested in having a good time, and hopefully being competitive this time. …………….Mikey 😆

dino
                                                    Keymaster

………………..COMPETITION ELIMINATOR: …….ALL DRAGSTERS, ALTEREDS, ROADSTERS,Altered Wheelbase ‘A/FX’, All Supercharged………….if your gasser or Nostalgia Bracket car “LOOKS” like an altered …Try Comp. Should be full of open wheel roadsters -coupes( Fiats-even Anglias) and rails.”VERM” is good example….looks like an altered ….some Dover Vintage ‘could’ make the switch….Funny ..if you look as late as 1965, we were still running “Top”-“Middle”- &”Little Elim”.and had a thing called Super Elim.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.