Race car shopping

Forums Forums "CLASSIFIEDS"-Buy & Sell stuff Race car shopping

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    don-kauer

Well I think the search is over…….Just got off the phone with Drake in sunny North Carolina and we are in the middle of cutting a deal with his S/ST Mustang as a roller………..If we close the deal this week it looks like the car should be here in about 10 days…….Drake will be bringing it up in his 24″ enclosed trailer and Div 1 Super Stock racer, Jack Chin will be here to buy the trailer from Drake at the same time……The Mustang is coming to my place for a Chevy motor and Powerglide…I’ll finish it here ,get it dialed in at Lebanon and by the fall it will be shipped to Florida…The Ford will look good with a BOWTIE on the door………Thanks to Patina ,Bobby S. and everyone who helped me look for a car for my Boy…………………Don…… 🙂

don-kauer

Done deal…………..Car on the way!!!!!! 😀 😀

tomblake
            Participant

Don
                What year is the Mustang and what size chevy engine are you going to put in it?
                I like Mustangs with Chevy power.

don-kauer

Hey Tom…………It’s a 1985 Mustang fresh built, 8.50 cert, fresh paint, no lettering………It only had 10 passes and it ran mid 10’s with a Ford smallblock………………Will be putting Powerglide and 350 in soon…Doesn’t look like a bad job…A couple of motor plates and some crossmember work….Don’t know what headers fit…I’ll be doing some research when the car gets here………………AND the most important thing will be to have Dino do 2 BOWTIES for the doors 😆 😆 😆 ………………..

tomblake
                    Participant

Don….Sounds like a neat ride.
                        Mine is an 84 with a big block Chevy and a glide. Nothing cut up on the chassis. Made a front motor plate and used the Mustang cross member with an adapter I made. If there is room for the big block a small block should be a piece of cake.
                        I’ll be looking for pictures as you progress. Good luck with your project.

don-kauer

Thanks Tom……….I’ll keep you posted……..This should be a fun project…I read on a forum that out of the box headers are available for SBC Fox body conversions…………Don………..

lee-valentine

Hey Don, Kooks makes the headers you,re looking for. Lee. ps I,ll be at the shop in Billings Sat.

patina
                                Participant

Wait until Kauer sees the price of those puppies. Listen to this;

Pat

lee-valentine

As someone who has raced non stop for 47 years , let me say one thing. If you are going to race competively you have to HATE MONEY! Lee. :mrgreen:

don-kauer

Thanks Lee, I’ll look into that………..I figured they are not cheap…Nothing is for these cars……….Don……

don-kauer
                                                quote patina:

Wait until Kauer sees the price of those puppies. Listen to this;

Pat

Hey Pat….I know all this stuff is big bucks… I’m used to it…I don’t know if you remember me or any of my cars because I was not welcome at Dover after an incident in 1969 but I had 12 cars over a 20 year period..I ran mostly at National Speedway, Englishtown and Ct. Dragway..My last 4 were all $40,000 plus and that was back in the day, 70’s and 80’s…..If I were to now run the classes I did then I’m sure it would be more then double……..Don……….

patina
                                                Participant

Yer outta my league Kauer the MG has been the most costly to date and thats cost me about $10g so far. I want Kooks to make a set of stainless headers for it duplicating what was on there in 64.

Pat

don-kauer

So you’re telling me that all you have is 10 G’s in that nice ride…What did you do, use the gun to get your parts….That’s very cheap, Pat…………………..Also pics on the way of the Muskrat 😆 😆 😆

patina
                                                        Participant

I thought about it very hard and the only conclusion I can come up with is that I beg, borrow and steal alot. When I got the car originaly it came with the Americans and 5 Olds/Pont center sections and the headers. Engines and parts I have laying around here (if you visit you will see). swap meets and finding the Hilborn injection from some body I knew. Lots of parts borrowed from friends. And lastly God blessing me with the ability and know how to do a lot of stuff myself and with my brother. I have also spent much more on equipment and tools, heating and electricity than I care to mention all of which doesn’t get factored in. And I didn’t get timed out.

Pat

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Ok ….Don Has found the Car For Florida Mike…. Kind of a cool chain of events. It’s Drake Viscomes Last Race Car! Neat Mustang he ran up til last year. Drake’s bringing it up to Don soon. It will be fitted with ‘Tom Blake’ style CHEVY engine. So Its kinda of a Forum guys conglomeration. Mikes Dad Was an early Dover racer Too. He sadly passed away ,But young Mike keeps the Drag Spirit Alive. Don Will ‘baby -sit’ car in Northeast for him to come up from time to time and run it . Of Course all the New Milford guys will be in on getting it race ready. Don says even if it is not finished…He’ll still bring it to the Nostalgia Drags. Neat 😀 Son of Dover Racer owning car maintained by Dover racer and aquired from Dover Racer.

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.